Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tkissmart said:

I called to get a status on biometrics appointment for my wife and they said it takes 90 days and that I will get something in mid March if a biometrics is needed or not. 

Thanks for sharing!

Signature coming soon...

7 hours ago, Jjjb said:

My biometrics is tomorrow on the 9th and the government just shut down. I shouldn't be worried right? Just go in as normal?

USCIS is NOT affected in anyway by a government shutdown, it is funded almost entirely by the fees we pay. All field offices are open as normal and you should go to all appointments. Nothing to worry about at all.

12/06/2017 - Applied for Removal of Conditions I-751

12/11/2017 - NOA date

12/24/2017 - NOA received

01/08/2018 - Sent I-865 late, oops

01/13/2018 - Received Biometrics appointment

01/23/2018 - Biometrics appointment in Pittsburgh PA

02/28/2019 - Approval letter received

On 1/31/2018 at 4:06 PM, torres10 said:

My first time here ....

50 days after I filed my ROC , I'm still waiting on my biometric appointment letter (I've called and put in a request two weeks ago ) 

You still haven't heard back from your service request?  We had to put in a service request for the biometrics on his AOS and it was processed pretty fast. (Edit: Our AOS service request was finished within 3 days.)  We will call next week because we are still waiting and Monday will be day 45 for us without biometrics. 

The automatic phone line today could not locate the receipt number - not surprising.  We tried calling earlier in the week, but we forgot to get the receipt number and the agent said they "were not able" to look up the case with his alien #.  Rather strange and not authentic sounding at all...

Edited by Amhara
Adding day count

Signature coming soon...

Quick question everyone,

If I want to travel abroad, what documents do I have to bring with me? Passport (Hungarian), expired greencard + 1 year extension letter? Do I need to get the I-551 stamp into my passport or the Expired GC + 1 year extension letter should be fine?

Thanks for your help

On 2/10/2018 at 3:18 PM, DoraS said:

Quick question everyone,

If I want to travel abroad, what documents do I have to bring with me? Passport (Hungarian), expired greencard + 1 year extension letter? Do I need to get the I-551 stamp into my passport or the Expired GC + 1 year extension letter should be fine?

Thanks for your help

Just the expired GC AND extension letter. You only need the stamp if your extension letter is expired too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, torres10 said:

@Amhara I have received an email from USCIS saying that my name has been electronically added to the list.

I got notification from usps that i got letter from uscis i dont know whats in it but crossing my finger hopefully its my biometric appointment...im quiet nervous lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
2 hours ago, brien0512 said:

I got notification from usps that i got letter from uscis i dont know whats in it but crossing my finger hopefully its my biometric appointment...im quiet nervous lol

How exciting! I hope it’s a biometrics letter. 

My noa1 date is 1/2 and I’ve been worried because I haven’t received a biometrics letter yet... I hope they started to send out biometrics letters again 

(F) K-1 / California Service Center (F)

(L) July 22nd, 2014: Filed I-129F

(L)July 28th, 2014: NOA1(E-mail / Acceptance Confirmation/No mail)

(L) July 29th, 2014: Alien registration number was changed

(L) October 20th, 2014: NOA2 (Mail)

(L) November 4th, 2014: NVC received

(L) November 13th, 2014 : Consulate received( Seoul, South KOREA)

(L) January 16th,2015:Interview and approved

(L) January 23rd,2015: Visa and passport in hand!

(F) AOS (F)

(L) Mar 12,2015 : Sent AOS package(USPS Priority mail 2-day)

(L) Mar 16,2015 : Package delivered

(L) Mar 20,2015 : Noa1 Email & Text (I-485,I-131,I-765)

(L) Mar 26,2015 : Noa1 in mail (I-485,I-131,I-765)

(L) Mar 28,2015 : Biometrics notice in mail

(L)Apr 10,2015 : Biometrics done

(L)Jun 11,2015 : EAD approved

4 hours ago, torres10 said:

@Amhara I have received an email from USCIS saying that my name has been electronically added to the list.

2 hours ago, brien0512 said:

Oh boy!  Looks like some biometric letters are moving along!  Maybe we don't need to call after all.

Torres, you don't have a timeline filled in, but I know Brien submitted their petition right before we did, so maybe ours is coming later, too.  I don't suppose waiting to the end of February will hurt anything.  The case isn't going anywhere!  But keep us posted on how your biometric letters are playing out!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Amhara said:

Oh boy!  Looks like some biometric letters are moving along!  Maybe we don't need to call after all.

Torres, you don't have a timeline filled in, but I know Brien submitted their petition right before we did, so maybe ours is coming later, too.  I don't suppose waiting to the end of February will hurt anything.  The case isn't going anywhere!  But keep us posted on how your biometric letters are playing out!

Unfortunately it wasnt the biometric appointment it was just a letter informing us about their experiencing longer processing period n they will mail me back the asc appointment notice once an appointment date has been established, and they also stated on the letter that my name has been electronically added to the appointment scheaduler

,and to help me check my status they gave me a reciept number n i wer able to check my status online this time... looks like we will going to wait for couple of months for biometric appointment

On 1/16/2018 at 9:37 AM, Amhara said:

Hi!  If your visa require a USC to "financially sponsor" you (or the foreign resident) then the USC sponsor needs to update their address with the USCIS, too.  Fiancee and spousal visas that received GC's would be in this category.  When the fiance married and they AOS'd or when the spousal visa was completed with the foreign spouse entering the US, then the USC spouse is bound to ensure that the new permanent resident would not be dependent on welfare (essentially).  So since your in-law sponsored you, and they did not move, I don't think you need to file it.

The form for updating the sponsor's address is the Form I-865.  I don't think it's such a big deal to have missed filing it, but there is no time like the present for someone to do so!  I forgot to submit it, but now at least the USCIS sees that both our addresses are the same!  Since you two bought a house together, you probably included that evidence in the ROC packet, so you should be fine.

What service center are you and when did you file?

On 1/16/2018 at 9:46 AM, Casprushly said:

Sorry, I should have been more specific, this is correct. My wife is my sponsor and a US citizen. I just didn't realize about I=865 until I read this forum. As far as I can tell there is a fine for not doing it on time but they generally only assess that if they are the ones who catch you. It was a year and a half late but we are correcting this now. You should make sure this is up to date because they will almost certainly notice during the I-751 process. On the plus side the I-751 came to my address no problem even before we filed the I-865. So as long as you have your address up to date there should be no processing problems.

Woops, totally missed this part when we moved in 2016. I'm glad you mentioned it here!!!

Posted Form  I-865  to USCIS on 28 January and received confirmation of receipt in the form of a I-797C Notice of Action (Case Type: I-865 Sponsor Change of Address)  on 12 February.

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.