Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Any December 2017 filer with any update so far? My friend who filed almost 6 months later (in May) received his card today, same CSC. This is getting stressful.

This is disheartening, for sure!  Any progress with the Congressional Inquiries?  They can’t just be accepting the “well, we just don’t know” responses!  What about the USCIS ombudsman?

Signature coming soon...

On 9/14/2019 at 5:13 PM, Amhara said:

This is disheartening, for sure!  Any progress with the Congressional Inquiries?  They can’t just be accepting the “well, we just don’t know” responses!  What about the USCIS ombudsman?

On 9/14/2019 at 5:06 PM, memoday said:

Some August here is getting approve. I’m in CSC  still waiting. 

I am Dec 2017 Filer and I got my I-551 Stamp about a month ago. I see a lot of cases around my number are getting approved and a few RFE's. My Case # is WAC18087004XX. I'll wait another month and then call USCIS or reach out to my Representative to get more information. I did file my N400 which shows as currently being processed earlier in Feb this year so I might probably get a combo interview. I just don't know when as per USCIS N400 status it says in about 5 months. Hopefully within August 2020. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, samoak78 said:

I am Dec 2017 Filer and I got my I-551 Stamp about a month ago. I see a lot of cases around my number are getting approved and a few RFE's. My Case # is WAC18087004XX. I'll wait another month and then call USCIS or reach out to my Representative to get more information. I did file my N400 which shows as currently being processed earlier in Feb this year so I might probably get a combo interview. I just don't know when as per USCIS N400 status it says in about 5 months. Hopefully within August 2020. 

If your I-751 is pending and you apply for N-400, usually, they will pull out your I-751 and will be in NBC and when your N-400 is ready for interview, they will send them together for approval.  Did you get any notice about any transfer

1 hour ago, dilip said:

If your I-751 is pending and you apply for N-400, usually, they will pull out your I-751 and will be in NBC and when your N-400 is ready for interview, they will send them together for approval.  Did you get any notice about any transfer

No I haven't received the transfer notice yet. My case is still in Laguna Niguel CA. It had been there since June 18, 2018. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, dilip said:

Follow your local center's N-400 applicants to guess your actual interview time.  Mine was Feb 2020 as per online account, but done in July 2019.  Hope you applied online.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi guys!

I had a waiver interview, it was very smooth, the officer told me that he was going to mail me his decision. My attorney asked for a timeframe and his said that they were a little bit behind and he couldn’t give us a specific timeframe.

My interview was on Aug 29 and I haven't receive any news until now. I saw in other forums that my case has to go through a supervisor or sometimes they just don't update the online system.

I'm so anxious 😕

Any thoughts? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there I am so happy I was Googling and found this page/forum! Good to know something like this exists in Internetland.

I need your help &advice. I am asking around for a good immigraiton lawyer already but doesn't hurt to get feedback from you guys.

I am the American citizen husband &my wife is the permanent resident. She/we submitted i751 on Dec 2017 like you guys here on this forum.

Never really occured to me how long the wait has been for her (& for you guys) until recently.

She was given 18 month-extension notice. We realized that expired last September 2... My question is: does that mean she is back to "undocumented status" now? She says she did not get a new extension letter. I was really hoping she would get her approved notice before her 18th month extension expires? 

Last thing she received was biometrics requests for early June...before that a "no need for biometrics" early in the year.

Last Monday night I woke up in the midle of the night and she was not in bed. I heard sobbing sounds from the kitchen. It was her crying on the phone with her sister saying she wants to be home with her mother who is very sick and she wants to go home. I did not interrupt her because if I did she would stop and tell me everythings ok and she would change the subject. She already asked me last December if I would allow her to go home but I said just wait for your new green card to be safe. Now I feel I am holding her back from her family. She said to her sister that she just wanna go home and spend time with her mom and she doesnt care about the green card anymore. What should I do guys. She can go home and I can go with her for the first few weeks or days but will she be able to come back with the stamp you guys are talking about here? one of the letters she receives says "do not travel while your case is pending" or something...i think thats what I read there. Can I ask a lawyer to help us with a reentry permit if she wants to stay with her mom for a year? What if she is called for interview and she is not here?Will it be considered abandonment of case/petition?Also I read in another forum @Linxx said they had a visit at home from immigration...what if they visit and she is not there because she is overseas...will it be considered abandonment of case/petition or will I be given time to book her a ticket to come back? 

Hey @dwg866899 call and make an infopass appointment and get the stamp it’s an in and out thing, this will allow you to travel. I was overseas during the home visit and was approved a week after. I’m still overseas in fact. Don’t worry, for me it all seemed to work out and I seemed to hit every possible wall along the way but it’ll be ok

14 minutes ago, dwg866899 said:

Hello there I am so happy I was Googling and found this page/forum! Good to know something like this exists in Internetland.

I need your help &advice. I am asking around for a good immigraiton lawyer already but doesn't hurt to get feedback from you guys.

I am the American citizen husband &my wife is the permanent resident. She/we submitted i751 on Dec 2017 like you guys here on this forum.

Never really occured to me how long the wait has been for her (& for you guys) until recently.

She was given 18 month-extension notice. We realized that expired last September 2... My question is: does that mean she is back to "undocumented status" now? She says she did not get a new extension letter. I was really hoping she would get her approved notice before her 18th month extension expires? 

Last thing she received was biometrics requests for early June...before that a "no need for biometrics" early in the year.

Last Monday night I woke up in the midle of the night and she was not in bed. I heard sobbing sounds from the kitchen. It was her crying on the phone with her sister saying she wants to be home with her mother who is very sick and she wants to go home. I did not interrupt her because if I did she would stop and tell me everythings ok and she would change the subject. She already asked me last December if I would allow her to go home but I said just wait for your new green card to be safe. Now I feel I am holding her back from her family. She said to her sister that she just wanna go home and spend time with her mom and she doesnt care about the green card anymore. What should I do guys. She can go home and I can go with her for the first few weeks or days but will she be able to come back with the stamp you guys are talking about here? one of the letters she receives says "do not travel while your case is pending" or something...i think thats what I read there. Can I ask a lawyer to help us with a reentry permit if she wants to stay with her mom for a year? What if she is called for interview and she is not here?Will it be considered abandonment of case/petition?Also I read in another forum @Linxx said they had a visit at home from immigration...what if they visit and she is not there because she is overseas...will it be considered abandonment of case/petition or will I be given time to book her a ticket to come back? 

I made an appointment and I got the stamp in my passport which extended the the green card for one more year. (I did it befor my extension letter expired). I travelled and I came back without problems. Make sure she carries expired green card and extension letter during traveling. 
she can stay Outside of the USA up to 6 months.

Edited by Nayda

1 minute ago, Linxx said:

Hey @dwg866899 call and make an infopass appointment and get the stamp it’s an in and out thing, this will allow you to travel. I was overseas during the home visit and was approved a week after. I’m still overseas in fact. Don’t worry, for me it all seemed to work out and I seemed to hit every possible wall along the way but it’ll be ok

Thank you @Linxx for the quick response im glad I found this resouce. infopass is what's it called? Does it have to be her to call or can I call on her behalf? Do I call local office nearest us or a 800 number? but with the stam can she stay outside the US more than 6 months? regarding interview, home visit, etc, will they send a letter saying "interview on this date" or "home visit on this date" so I can try to book her a quick return flight? Also is she "undocumented" now and should she tell her employer? Sorry I have so many questions. I want to do right. I want her to stay until she gets her approved notice, but it breaks my heart thinking it's like I'm keeping her from her mother. I am only the husband. Her mother is the person who gave her life.

1 minute ago, dwg866899 said:

Thank you @Linxx for the quick response im glad I found this resouce. infopass is what's it called? Does it have to be her to call or can I call on her behalf? Do I call local office nearest us or a 800 number? but with the stam can she stay outside the US more than 6 months? regarding interview, home visit, etc, will they send a letter saying "interview on this date" or "home visit on this date" so I can try to book her a quick return flight? Also is she "undocumented" now and should she tell her employer? Sorry I have so many questions. I want to do right. I want her to stay until she gets her approved notice, but it breaks my heart thinking it's like I'm keeping her from her mother. I am only the husband. Her mother is the person who gave her life.

She is still a permanent resident and not undocumented. I don’t know about being out of the states for that long, 6 months may be too long. Home visits aren’t the norm, but if you do have one there’s no warning. They are purposely executed to catch you by surprise.  She has to go to the infopass appointment herself with her passport. If you call uscis they will help you arrange an infopass appointment 

3 minutes ago, Nayda said:

I made an appointment and I got the stamp in my passport which extended the the green card for one more year. (I did it befor my extension letter expired). I travelled and I came back without problems. Make sure she carries expired green card and extension letter during traveling. 
she can stay Outside of the USA up to 6 months.

OK thank you so much @Nayda wow you guys are really kind &helpful. I am reading all your stories now &am seeing wow most of you are really anxious &stressed & makes me wonder ...has my wife been feeling this way the entire time& she is just not showing it because she doenst want people to worry about her... I admire her quiet strength in the face of all tyhis but wish she could be open to me more so I can help... But maybe if I showed her this forum Website she will feel better she is not alone and you are here standing with her

5 minutes ago, Linxx said:

She is still a permanent resident and not undocumented. I don’t know about being out of the states for that long, 6 months may be too long. Home visits aren’t the norm, but if you do have one there’s no warning. They are purposely executed to catch you by surprise.  She has to go to the infopass appointment herself with her passport. If you call uscis they will help you arrange an infopass appointment 

Thank you so much @Linxx ok will ask her to call and make that appointment. I just googled infopass appointment to read about it. but interview is standard like we had the interview before so can we request for thejm to interview us before we plan on leaving?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.