Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,784 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, Dekd22 said:

Anyone have estimates on when I could be receiving this RFE? It says it was mailed today on the website

A week to 10 days I believe is the usual times 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kas634 said:

My cousin is currently in Australia and can't work whatsoever, I was shocked to find out how tough they are! Watching Cheapest Weddings also shed some light on that, too. 

From my experience, Canada has one of the better/easier immigration systems. The only thing keeping me here is my career, but we've already thoroughly researching their process for when we plan to move up to Canada. Never looked into any of the European systems, though

I had a different experience going through Sydney and Darwin. They were a lot stricter in Sydney, mainly because it's a busier city. The one in Darwin just asked me if i brought a bunch of food from the Philippines. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Oksmanoks said:

I had a different experience going through Sydney and Darwin. They were a lot stricter in Sydney, mainly because it's a busier city. The one in Darwin just asked me if i brought a bunch of food from the Philippines. 

Oh whoops, I was talking about the all-around immigration system, like to work and get LPR, not just the border patrol officers..

My bad!

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dekd22 said:

Ah wow that's gonna really put a lot of pressure on me.. I leave for Brazil in early February

Do you have any idea what it can be? Maybe getting possible evidence ready can help. Like pictures or intent letter or so.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I feel the same an I am an American citizen!  I'm fine in any country and I feel nervous in the US!  It really is strange.

I guess it's because they all look so intimidating. They really scare me. I hope i don't poop my pants during my POE. 

1 minute ago, Naes said:

Do you have any idea what it can be? Maybe getting possible evidence ready can help. Like pictures or intent letter or so.

My only guess could be something regarding a citation I received 7 years ago as I didn't have access to the documentation while I was abroad.  I didn't have receipts for hotels or anything because we lived with her family.  I just hope it isn't because they lost something.

Timeline
Just now, Oksmanoks said:

I guess it's because they all look so intimidating. They really scare me. I hope i don't poop my pants during my POE. 

It is so scary for me too but everytime America goes extremely smooth because they're so shocked that me as a Turkish coming from Japan.

philippines though was the hardest entry I ever did! And the most ridiculous questions I've ever been asked... such as how many people live in where I come from....

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kas634 said:

Oh whoops, I was talking about the all-around immigration system, like to work and get LPR, not just the border patrol officers..

My bad!

No worries. I get what you mean. ;) I have friends that have Australian husbands but they just chose to stay here in the Philippines and not get Australian citizenship because of all the process they had to go through. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dekd22 said:

My only guess could be something regarding a citation I received 7 years ago as I didn't have access to the documentation while I was abroad.  I didn't have receipts for hotels or anything because we lived with her family.  I just hope it isn't because they lost something.

Hmm I hope for an easy fix then.

do you have the documentation now to send them?

Just now, Naes said:

Hmm I hope for an easy fix then.

do you have the documentation now to send them?

Yeah I made sure to get the documentation, as I expected they'd probably ask about it.  I hope it is easy as well.  Either way, I think I will bring my I-134 documents down to Brazil in a few weeks

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

It is so scary for me too but everytime America goes extremely smooth because they're so shocked that me as a Turkish coming from Japan.

philippines though was the hardest entry I ever did! And the most ridiculous questions I've ever been asked... such as how many people live in where I come from....

Really? Well, I apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through. I don't even know where they get their questions from. -_-

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Oksmanoks said:

Really? Well, I apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through. I don't even know where they get their questions from. -_-

Oh every country has its perks when entering.

they were just being cautious :) also surprised probably that a Turkish coming in from Japan hehe (it weirdos or everyone) 

i asked them which "where" they want me to tell  them cause I haven't been to Turkey for 4 years 😂

The first time I went to America my entry airport was Dallas and it was hilarious! (I was 26 at the time, but chubby teenage looking face, and it was the first time going to meet my fiance) so the officer asks me to set my phone down, so I set my phone on the desk thing by the window and had my fiances photo as my background so he asks me if that is who I am going to see, so I say yes and then he asks who he is and where he lives etc etc, then he asks me if my parents know where I am, shocked by this question but I said yes they do then he says he wants to call my parents to confirm they know where I am. (I was internally laughing at this mostly cause I was an adult and why would it matter) then he proceeds to tell me how dangerous it is for a woman to be travelling alone to meet a guy and how anything could happen, asked me if I trusted this man I was meeting and how much money I had on me and what my plan was if something happened like he did not come pick me up at the airport. It was intense! San Fran was WAY nicer, no issues whatsoever. 

Edited by MarksMate

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.