Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Anyone been successful at calling NVC this morning? I called exactly at 7am and they said systems were down to call back in 30. I called again same answer. I’m debating whether to call again since it’s been almost an hour since my last call.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, cjelie said:

How long has your case remained "In Transit" from NVC to Consulate?  Ours has been 2 weeks and I'm starting to worry...

It shouldn’t take more than a couple of days to transfer after it’s done at NVC. Have you checked the status on ceac? Does it say in transit or at NVC? Sometimes they don’t update the system. If your case says in transit I’d give the embassy a call with your case number and ask them if they’ve received it. If it still says at NVC, call NVC and ask what they’re doing with it. The guy I spoke to this morning was very nice even though their systems are down he said he could answer any questions I had. Too bad the only question I have was do you have my case number he couldn’t answer cause he can’t access the system. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, cjelie said:

How long has your case remained "In Transit" from NVC to Consulate?  Ours has been 2 weeks and I'm starting to worry...

Ours was 4 days that includes a weekend and the MLK holiday. It really depends on the country. Some are sent electronic and some by snail mail of some type. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, tpeach said:

Our case is finally at the embassy, Almost exactly 8 months (actual 246 days) from NOA1 of May 15th. 

NVC received our case 01/10  but still no number 

Edited by Yuliia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/12/2018 at 4:40 PM, Jolie&Charles said:

I am really sorry to read about your denial.. After al this wait this is terrible..

I find it so weird they denied you based on that.. May I ask what did you guys sent back after your RFE

We have seen cases being reoppened after a denial, this is not over.

USCIS questionned whether California (where she is domiciled) would accept the Nevada divorce (where she was resident when she got married).

The lawyer said it was simply ridiculour as this is federal law. Any court in USA accepts a divorce issued by another state

He basically said this in a letter.

We still haven't had our letter saying why we were even denied. 4 weeks after the denial. 

Its crazy, after talking to another lawyer we can't even abandon the K1 and get married in UK where I am from, as they can easily say this marriage is void as her Nevada divorce is not legitimate. Even though it is signed by a judge in court with all of the affidavits and decrees required

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Yuliia said:

NVC received our case 01/10  but still no number 

ours was received on the 8th and number wasn't issued till the 11th placed in transit on the 12th at embassy on 16th. Your number should be available today or tomorrow with the holiday causing a day delay. But then again what do I know or who knows? I am sure it will show soon though. I know we have waited long enough and these last few days and moments are taking forever but at least we are not talking about waiting weeks and months anymore at this point. Got to look at the bright side and stay positive.....Did I just say that!........hmmmmmm. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, MariaB Soria said:

Can you please let me know How can you know that NVC received the case? My 6 weeks wait is due today... when was your NOA2 date?

took ours 59 days to get to NVC received took a little longer than 6 weeks most likely between 6 and 8 weeks now.

Timeline
1 minute ago, MariaB Soria said:

Thanks, but do you count holidays and weekends? or just business days??? God!!! this is killing meeeeeee

I count everything, I know be patient its coming soon just a little longer you are gliding in for a landing. The worse part is over with. 

Edited by tpeach

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.