mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Gravlax said:

Oh, ok, yours is more urgent then. I can understand that. But, what i don't understand is that they must send a response indicating of denial of the request. But even without asking any evidence, they just closed it. I saw some denied requests and they got the response indicating that. I guess i will just have to wait and hope for the best. Anyway, thank you for all the kind words and information:)

In my previous experiences with the USCIS and from what I have read, there are 3 ways your situation may have gone: 1) USCIS requested you to FAX documents and you did not receive this notification (If you did not give your e-mail to Tier 1 rep when you submitted your request over the phone, then USCIS would send you a letter in mail which may be lost...) 2) Your case did not meet the criteria to expedite and they closed your case without notice. 3) Your case met the criteria to expedite, they put your file in a pile along with other expedite requests and it is just taking longer. At any rate good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

In my previous experiences with the USCIS and from what I have read, there are 3 ways your situation may have gone: 1) USCIS requested you to FAX documents and you did not receive this notification (If you did not give your e-mail to Tier 1 rep when you submitted your request over the phone, then USCIS would send you a letter in mail which may be lost...) 2) Your case did not meet the criteria to expedite and they closed your case without notice. 3) Your case met the criteria to expedite, they put your file in a pile along with other expedite requests and it is just taking longer. At any rate good luck!

No, they sent me a notice smt like 'it is under review, you will get a response shortly'. Obviously 'shortly' doesn't mean 'weeks' according to USCIS:) We will see what happens. Thank you!!

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Timeline
1 minute ago, Gravlax said:

No, they sent me a notice smt like 'it is under review, you will get a response shortly'. Obviously 'shortly' doesn't mean 'weeks' according to USCIS:) We will see what happens. Thank you!!

Mine got approved a day after that message. It is strange.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Ghmorrell said:

Seems like the guys down there are a little more helpful. We tried after 3 weeks and they just said "Nope, it takes at least 8 weeks". I would have paid extra to get it quicker but thats not available.

I got mine the same day though. 

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

I'm a December filer as well, adjusting from K1 and still waiting. Had my biometrics on January 12th and since then no movement on my case. 

Btw we got married in Las Vegas and had our marriage certificate in the mail about 2 weeks after, maybe a little earlier. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, kvito28 said:

Mine got approved a day after that message. It is strange.

Yeah, it looks like it. Because, I talked to Tier 2 again on March 5th, and she did second expedite request. And today guess what? They sent me an email asking to fax my offer which they should have done for the first request! It is really unbelievable...

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Gravlax said:

Yeah, it looks like it. Because, I talked to Tier 2 again on March 5th, and she did second expedite request. And today guess what? They sent me an email asking to fax my offer which they should have done for the first request! It is really unbelievable...

When you fax your letter it may be good to have a separate sheet attached for all the details. I would explain the situation and provide both referral numbers for your two expedited requests. Be as detailed as you can and maybe your original expedite request will get approved soon. Worth a shot I think.

Timeline
1 minute ago, kvito28 said:

When you fax your letter it may be good to have a separate sheet attached for all the details. I would explain the situation and provide both referral numbers for your two expedited requests. Be as detailed as you can and maybe your original expedite request will get approved soon. Worth a shot I think.

I sent a cover letter explaining the situation in detail, also added " urgent/time sensitive" on all pages. After that, I wrote my congressman again, and it looks like he got another response from Uscis and didn't send it to me... They responded him like "

Upon review it was noted that this case is currently under-review by an Officer at the NBC for adjudication.  Your constituent should receive a decision or notice of other action within 30 days of the date of this notice." Idk what to do anymore...

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gravlax said:

I sent a cover letter explaining the situation in detail, also added " urgent/time sensitive" on all pages. After that, I wrote my congressman again, and it looks like he got another response from Uscis and didn't send it to me... They responded him like "

Upon review it was noted that this case is currently under-review by an Officer at the NBC for adjudication.  Your constituent should receive a decision or notice of other action within 30 days of the date of this notice." Idk what to do anymore...

There isn't really anything else you can do. I felt pretty much the same for about a month. I reached out to 2 congressmen, ombudsman and a senator. Now, you just gotta wait...

Btw, I sent fax like 3 times on 3 different days in case they did not get it or smth happened. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

There isn't really anything else you can do. I felt pretty much the same for about a month. I reached out to 2 congressmen, ombudsman and a senator. Now, you just gotta wait...

Btw, I sent fax like 3 times on 3 different days in case they did not get it or smth happened. 

Thank you for information. I will call a Tier 2 and check If they got it. They started early December filers as I checked on application, I hope everyone will hear smt soon!!

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gravlax said:

Thank you for information. I will call a Tier 2 and check If they got it. They started early December filers as I checked on application, I hope everyone will hear smt soon!!

Tier 2 officers do not have information about fax or anything that goes on in NBC. They do not even work there. I have called them and asked if they got my fax, but they were useless.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

Tier 2 officers do not have information about fax or anything that goes on in NBC. They do not even work there. I have called them and asked if they got my fax, but they were useless.

Tier 1 told me that Tier 2 officers know that. That's why I planned to call them. Thanks for the info. I will not try to call then, it takes time to reach them anyway:) I think I will do what you did, I will send them tomorrow again:)

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 3/6/2018 at 1:37 PM, Ghmorrell said:

Hi all,

Just wandering if any December filers have been approved for EAD (Non-Expedited)?It just seems to be dragging. Is the online case status supposed to change after the biometrics?

Is it just me or does the K-1 process get a little bit forgotten. It seems a bit frustrating that here in CA that we are not able to get a drivers licence because we need the EAD to get one? Like we neither residents with work authorisation or illegal immigrants? Just seems to be in the middle grey area?

Hi had something similar with the Texas driver license. Apparently the driver license in some states is a Federal ID, so they’d ask an additional document (EAD) to justify your legal status. This is what the DNV clerk explained me.

however, you can submit a ‘request’ for further investigation. They will contact Inmigration and within 2 weeks they will receive the answer that your residency is processing and with that they can give you a driving license valid for a year. At least that was my case in TX probably similar in CA. Good luck

6 hours ago, CE and JR said:

Hi had something similar with the Texas driver license. Apparently the driver license in some states is a Federal ID, so they’d ask an additional document (EAD) to justify your legal status. This is what the DNV clerk explained me.

however, you can submit a ‘request’ for further investigation. They will contact Inmigration and within 2 weeks they will receive the answer that your residency is processing and with that they can give you a driving license valid for a year. At least that was my case in TX probably similar in CA. Good luck

Thanks for that I hadn't heard about this but I might just try and go see what happens. Got nothing to lose I suppose 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.