Timeline
3 hours ago, Jonuts11 said:

We got our interview date!!! 

1st SC date 8/14

2nd SC date 10/11

CC 11/28

Interview scheduled 2/27

In Cuidad Juarez... 

Finally we submitted our first paperwork in November 2016..

How long after the interview will it take to receive the visa? 

Congrats! This gives me hope. The visa takes about 7 working days. 

How did you find out about the interview? you called or received email? 

Thanks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Dan Jr said:

Congrats! This gives me hope. The visa takes about 7 working days. 

How did you find out about the interview? you called or received email? 

Thanks. 

I called the NVC and asked them today after I had saw someone else from around the same time had an interview scheduled.  When was your CC? And what was your first SC date? 

Edited by Jonuts11

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jonuts11 said:

I called the NVC and asked them today after I had saw someone else from around the same time had an interview scheduled.  When was your CC? And what was your first SC date? 

That's awesome. My SC date was 10/16, and my CC is 12/04. 

When was your CC? You mentioned it was 11/28, but your timeline shows 10/28. Which one is it? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dan Jr said:

That's awesome. My SC date was 10/16, and my CC is 12/04. 

When was your CC? You mentioned it was 11/28, but your timeline shows 10/28. Which one is it? 

Oh yeah I forgot to fix that sorry. It was 11/28. Someone had mentioned that I may have got my interview quicker because I got a checklist and it took longer for me to get my CC. But whatever the case  your probably within a month of an interview date. I would hope. 

Edited by Jonuts11

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jonuts11 said:

Oh yeah I forgot to fix that sorry. It was 11/28. Someone had mentioned that I may have got my interview quicker because I got a checklist and it took longer for me to get my CC. But whatever the case my be your probably within a month of an interview date. I would hope. 

That's within a week of my CC, I hope I get my interview date next month. Thanks for sharing the news and good luck with everything! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Dan Jr said:

That's within a week of my CC, I hope I get my interview date next month. Thanks for sharing the news and good luck with everything! 

Thanks you too. I'm sure you'll be getting one soon and make sure to call. 

Timeline

Does anyone if I can schedule my biometrics appointment and medical appointment before I receive the actual appointment letter? Or do I need information from the letter to schedule the appointments? I need to buy plane tickets ASAP

Edited by Jonuts11

11 hours ago, JennBla said:

Question... just waiting for visa now, I had already created an account when I scheduled for fingerprints and put where I wanted to pick up his visa.. so I don’t have to create another account right? And do they just email you when it’s ready for pickup? 

You dont have to create another account and yes they email you.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Jonuts11 said:

Does anyone if I can schedule my biometrics appointment and medical appointment before I receive the actual appointment letter? Or do I need information from the letter to schedule the appointments? I need to buy plane tickets ASAP

Do you have an expedite? That's the only way you can schedule your appointments ahead of time.

My interview is next week, OMFG the airline prices.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Sammy009 said:

My trip was wonderful and at the point of entry they will just ask the normal question : who is inviting to the us and what’s her/he’s name and the address you going to? That’s all. Wish you guys all the best 

Congratulations Sammy have a wonderful stay

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I've tried many times yesterday to speak with NVC but the I was not able, so then I sent an inquiry through ASK NVC in their website, then I received reply that email saying I am in the line for interview.. do you think there is any difference is I could talk to them?

Is this email an automatic answer?

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, USA BRA said:

I've tried many times yesterday to speak with NVC but the I was not able, so then I sent an inquiry through ASK NVC in their website, then I received reply that email saying I am in the line for interview.. do you think there is any difference is I could talk to them?

If they receive your e-mail and the interview has already been scheduled, they will reply with the date of your scheduled interview and ask you to wait to receive the letter.

The response you received is generic when your case is complete and interview has not yet been scheduled. 

i didn't like calling during our wait, so I e-mail twice...once i got this answer, and the second i got the date of our interview (granted i had called because i saw a lot of people here on the forum getting theirs so I already knew my date)

Timeline
6 hours ago, USA BRA said:

I've never had a problem getting through to NVC, maybe its cause of the holidays.

I wouldn't expect a different answer, they're not going to give you an interview just for calling, its just a waiting game, even if there is a delay in notifying you of when its scheduling its not going to be long between and it won't speed up the process.

Waiting sucks, especially when there's no eta, but that's what it is.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.