dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview January 2018

696 posts in this topic

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
El 12/04/2017 a las 9:59 p.m., SCRUZ dijo:

¿Alguien tiene sentido si Honduras todavía tiene citas disponibles para enero?

¡¡¡Hola!!! Todavía estoy esperando la fecha. I am CR1

Edited by Doris1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Doris1 said:

Hello, I am new here,  

My case was closed on September 26 and I still do not have a date for the interview, do you already have it?

No still waiting Honduras and Guatemala are behind for what I see other country’s in 4 week they receive intervie date

Timeline
On 12/5/2017 at 2:44 PM, scalzo522 said:

yes that is what my husband thinks too. that it will be a while before we get an appt! so frustrating.

Have you received any information or at least new because everything it’s the same for us

11 hours ago, Adam & Dina said:

Same scan date - im hoping for an appointment notification this week too! 

hopefully this week!!! I'm sure for the UK it is way faster than for my filing country, I've seen other UK members get an appointment fast

So I received our CC letter by email this morning, I was reading all the info that comes attached and it states that it can take up to 3 months for embassy to schedule appointments and specially in countries where there is high demand which are as follows:

3.  INA Section 203(e) provides that family-sponsored and employment-based preference visas be issued to eligible immigrants in the order in which a petition in behalf of each has been filed. Section 203(d) provides that spouses and children of preference immigrants are entitled to the same status, and the same order of consideration, if accompanying or following to join the principal. The visa prorating provisions of Section 202(e) apply to allocations for a foreign state or dependent area when visa demand exceeds the per-country limit. These provisions apply at present to the following oversubscribed chargeability areas:  CHINA-mainland born, EL SALVADOR, GUATEMALA, HONDURAS, INDIA, MEXICO, and PHILIPPINES.

I see Honduras and Guatemala members posting CC dates in September so hopefully by the end of the month your guys will have your interview!!! Don't lose hope!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Isa&Sam said:

So I received our CC letter by email this morning, I was reading all the info that comes attached and it states that it can take up to 3 months for embassy to schedule appointments and specially in countries where there is high demand which are as follows:

3.  INA Section 203(e) provides that family-sponsored and employment-based preference visas be issued to eligible immigrants in the order in which a petition in behalf of each has been filed. Section 203(d) provides that spouses and children of preference immigrants are entitled to the same status, and the same order of consideration, if accompanying or following to join the principal. The visa prorating provisions of Section 202(e) apply to allocations for a foreign state or dependent area when visa demand exceeds the per-country limit. These provisions apply at present to the following oversubscribed chargeability areas:  CHINA-mainland born, EL SALVADOR, GUATEMALA, HONDURAS, INDIA, MEXICO, and PHILIPPINES.

I see Honduras and Guatemala members posting CC dates in September so hopefully by the end of the month your guys will have your interview!!! Don't lose hope!

I’m crossing my finger on it was supposed to be the less stressful and it’s the worst it’s really frustrating 

41 minutes ago, Isa&Sam said:

30 minutes ago, ANTUNEZ said:

I’m crossing my finger on it was supposed to be the less stressful and it’s the worst it’s really frustrating 

Thank you so much for that info it helps a bit to know it's not out of the ordinary for our countries to take this long! We will hit 3 months waiting this Christmas as our CC is Sept.25. Hopefully we will get something at the end of this month it will be such a relief...

I too thought this would be the most "less stressful" point of the process since we are on the last steps but it turned out to be the most stressful! But I am glad to see I am not alone! Hopefully all people waiting on Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador from September will get something very soon! 🙏💟

1 hour ago, ANTUNEZ said:

37 minutes ago, Y&V6416 said:

Thank you so much for that info it helps a bit to know it's not out of the ordinary for our countries to take this long! We will hit 3 months waiting this Christmas as our CC is Sept.25. Hopefully we will get something at the end of this month it will be such a relief...

I too thought this would be the most "less stressful" point of the process since we are on the last steps but it turned out to be the most stressful! But I am glad to see I am not alone! Hopefully all people waiting on Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador from September will get something very soon! 🙏💟

Trust me, I know how stressful it can be. I've been on this immigration journey for my husband since sept 2015 and now its near the end. Lets pray for a good Christmas gift of interview appointments :jest: lets keep positive thinking!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Longingfor said:

Interview date had been scheduled for January 5th 2018

Hi congrats! When was your case completed?

CR2

Step -Child

PD           10/2/17

Approval  3/23/18

NVC Received 4/12/18

Case # Received 6/11/18

I just want to say

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

For making this spreadsheet and to everyone who participates. This is a HUGE help in getting some idea of the wait times and figuring out what we have to deal with.

Absolute uncertainty is the worst and now we at least have an inkling of how things might go.

Of course as they say on Wall Street past performance is no indicator of future results... but it's still nice to know.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Y&V6416 said:

Yes... God willingness 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/12/2017 at 12:45 PM, Sammy009 said:

Wow congratulations!!!

Congtats

On 12/12/2017 at 12:45 PM, Sammy009 said:

Wow congratulations!!!

1 hour ago, ANTUNEZ said:

Has anyone waited more than 90 days for interview date?

I want to know that too actually so I don't get too hopeful again 🤔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.