Joulesrc

Time til 'issued' and passport delivery after interview...

28 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is a record of any recent times it took for people to get 'issued' and receive passports back?

I am feeling a bit anxious because I have already booked my plane tickets (now wishing I had waited...) for the 14th Dec, my interview was on 21st Nov. According to the CEAC tracker, my case was updated to 'case received' on 24th Nov. There has been no more updates and I have been checking it multiple times per day - from what I've seen people are usually in AP or issued by this stage so I'm just a bit concerned. Does the CEAC tracker always update?

20 minutes ago, Joulesrc said:

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is a record of any recent times it took for people to get 'issued' and receive passports back?

I am feeling a bit anxious because I have already booked my plane tickets (now wishing I had waited...) for the 14th Dec, my interview was on 21st Nov. According to the CEAC tracker, my case was updated to 'case received' on 24th Nov. There has been no more updates and I have been checking it multiple times per day - from what I've seen people are usually in AP or issued by this stage so I'm just a bit concerned. Does the CEAC tracker always update?

The tracker appears to have had multiple issues this year, with all visa types. Even though I can't make any solid promises about delivery time, I can say that based on most cases (mine included) you will have your passport within 2 weeks of the interview. Thanksgiving weekend may have slowed things down a little at the Embassy, so bear that in mind too. You should be fine and have your passport in your hand in time for your flight, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Aldo, keep checking your email. The tracker never informed me that my passport and visa was on the way, and I only found out through the email notification from the courier.

01/18/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

01/25/17 - NOA1

05/05/17 - NOA2 (100 days from NOA1)

05/19/17 - NVC received and case number assigned

05/26/17 - Case left NVC, status 'In Transit'

05/30/17 - Medical

05/31/17 - Consulate received 

07/13/17 - Interview, APPROVED!

07/21/17 - Visa in hand

07/22/17 - POE Newark, successful

08/02/17 - Married

08/23/17 - AOS filed (incl. EAD and AP)

08/31/17 - NOA1 date on AOS packet

09/21/17 - Biometrics appt

10/16/17 - Online tracker says 'Ready for Interview'

11/09/17 - EAD and AP approved

11/16/17 - EAD/AP combo card arrived

12/19/17 - Green card interview

12/22/17 - RFE received (medical had been lost)

01/23/18 - Green card in production

Just now, NatO23 said:

The tracker appears to have had multiple issues this year, with all visa types. Even though I can't make any solid promises about delivery time, I can say that based on most cases (mine included) you will have your passport within 2 weeks of the interview. Thanksgiving weekend may have slowed things down a little at the Embassy, so bear that in mind too. You should be fine and have your passport in your hand in time for your flight, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Aldo, keep checking your email. The tracker never informed me that my passport and visa was on the way, and I only found out through the email notification from the courier.

Okay, thank you so much - I think I’m just going to be on edge until I get that email haha! The tracker seems to be down at the moment as well, at least that’s stopped me obsessively checking it for a while!

6 minutes ago, Joulesrc said:

Okay, thank you so much - I think I’m just going to be on edge until I get that email haha! The tracker seems to be down at the moment as well, at least that’s stopped me obsessively checking it for a while!

Lol I didn’t even get a email or sms from the courier. It just suddenly showed up at my work. You should be fine as you still have over 2 weeks to go! Xx

1 minute ago, _Mia_ said:

Lol I didn’t even get a email or sms from the courier. It just suddenly showed up at my work. You should be fine as you still have over 2 weeks to go! Xx

Mines getting delivered to the closest depot so I’ll have no way of knowing haha! Guess I can give them a call. I know I have plenty of time, I’m just a worrier! Thanks :D

3 minutes ago, Joulesrc said:

Mines getting delivered to the closest depot so I’ll have no way of knowing haha! Guess I can give them a call. I know I have plenty of time, I’m just a worrier! Thanks :D

Oh lol trust me I am too lol. I did get the delivery email the day after it was delivered though! Xx

For anyone else in the same boat as me or trying to get an idea of timelines - I got changed to AP last night and issued this morning! :D 

Hi Guys,

I've already posted my own thread (which I'm just going to copy here as it's kind of similar and I'm not very patient waiting for answers haha!) 

So, I had my K1 interview at the London embassy a couple of weeks ago! We were approved, but they just needed the medical (which we had done, it just hadn't reached the embassy yet)

I have been checked the CEAC case tracker and it has been saying "in administrative processing"

However, today it has changed to "Ready" but it says below "you can now schedule your interview" 

Like I already said - I have had my interview and we were approved.

So what happens now? What does this mean???

Thanks guys

1 minute ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

Hi Guys,

I've already posted my own thread (which I'm just going to copy here as it's kind of similar and I'm not very patient waiting for answers haha!) 

So, I had my K1 interview at the London embassy a couple of weeks ago! We were approved, but they just needed the medical (which we had done, it just hadn't reached the embassy yet)

I have been checked the CEAC case tracker and it has been saying "in administrative processing"

However, today it has changed to "Ready" but it says below "you can now schedule your interview" 

Like I already said - I have had my interview and we were approved.

So what happens now? What does this mean???

Thanks guys

Not too sure about this one - but for me it went to ‘ready’ (before and after interview - it mentioned scheduling the interview) then to ‘application recieved’ 2 days after my interview. It could be that they’ve now got your medical results and are starting to process the visa? As I said I’m not sure so perhaps it would be best if you gave them a call to see if they can give you any updates.

1 minute ago, Joulesrc said:

Not too sure about this one - but for me it went to ‘ready’ (before and after interview - it mentioned scheduling the interview) then to ‘application recieved’ 2 days after my interview. It could be that they’ve now got your medical results and are starting to process the visa? As I said I’m not sure so perhaps it would be best if you gave them a call to see if they can give you any updates.

Might sound stupid but do I call the embassy directly ?

15 minutes ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

Might sound stupid but do I call the embassy directly ?

I’ve never called them myself, but yes I’d imagine so. I’d just call the number on the website 020 7499-9000

Sorry I don’t really know too much about your situation, hopefully someone with more knowledge about it than me will see this post and be able to help!

On 29/11/2017 at 12:44 PM, Joulesrc said:

For anyone else in the same boat as me or trying to get an idea of timelines - I got changed to AP last night and issued this morning! :D 

Hiya, just curious as to whether you've had an update??

9 minutes ago, BackAndThereAgain said:

Hiya, just curious as to whether you've had an update??

Hi - yes I have, on Fri 1st Dec I recieved an email to say that my documents had been released for delivery and according to the DX delivery tracker would be available to pick up from the depot on Monday 4th. 

I collected it today! :D 

11 minutes ago, Joulesrc said:

Hi - yes I have, on Fri 1st Dec I recieved an email to say that my documents had been released for delivery and according to the DX delivery tracker would be available to pick up from the depot on Monday 4th. 

I collected it today! :D 

Amazing news! So your status was changed to 'issued' on Wednesday and by Friday you received the email?

Just trying not to worry, husbands interview was on friday(approved), status changed to issue this morning, just hoping it doesn't take too long for the courier email as we've also booked our flights for the 18th!

Thank you :)

Edited by BackAndThereAgain

1 minute ago, BackAndThereAgain said:

Amazing news! So your status was changed to 'issued' on Wednesday and by Friday you received the email?

Just trying not to worry, husbands interview was ok friday, status changed to issue this morning, just hoping it doesn't take too long for the courier email as we've also booked our flights for the 18th!

Thank you :)

Yep that’s right! 

I know how much of a worry it is until it’s in your hands, but I think you’ll definitely be fine for the 18th! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.