nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, MrsKhan said:

How long is the nvc process if everything goes smoothly. Our case was sent to dos on the 12th of Feb. Approximately after how many months should I expect the interview.  Our embassy is London. Just want a rough  idea to get things sorted out before moving. Thanks

I was told that it's roughly 11 weeks for normal processing.

IR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Brazil)

March 31, 2007 - Got married in NY

October 8, 2011 - 1st child born

December 10, 2012 - Family moved to Brazil

March 17, 2013 - 2nd child born

July 25, 2017 - USC spouse and 2 USC children moved back to US

October 13, 2017: I-130 sent via USPS Priority

October 16, 2017: I-130 received

October 19, 2017: I-130 NOA1 email received

October 24, 2017: I-129F sent

October 26, 2017: I-129F received

November 2, 2017: I-129F NOA1 email received

November 14, 2017: I-129F request to expedite by phone

November 30, 2017: I-129F request to expedite denied

February 9, 2018: I-130 request to expedite by phone

February 9, 2018: I-130 approved

February 9, 2018: I-129F terminated

February 12, 2018: I-130 NOA2 email received

February 12, 2018: I-129F NOA2 email received

February 13, 2018: I-130 request to expedite denied (lol, I didn't understand the denial to expedite since the I-130 was approved on the same day as the request)

February 14, 2018: I-130 sent to NVC

February 20, 2018: NVC received

April 30, 2018: NVC Case Number Generated

May 1, 2018: Paid IV and AOS Fees

November 12, 2018: Submitted DS-261

November 13-14, 2018: Submitted AOS and Civil Documents

November 23, 2018: NVC Accepted AOS and Civil Documents, and requested replacement of police certificate. Re-submitted police certificate on the same day.

December 6, 2018: Case Completed at NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, TheHills said:

Hey guys,

I just received my e-notification with my priority date of 6 Feb 2018 and my petition has been sent to Nebraska.

Does anyone have any good experiences with them? I’m trying to stay positive! 🤞🏻

Just keep faith, pray and stay busy as it’s a long process. There are some of us who waited close to 1 year for Approval..

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Ueslei & Jacky said:

Hi All, my I-130 was just approved on Monday by means of an expedite. I was wondering if it'll get sent to NVC faster since it was expedited, or if the transfer time will still be the same? Any experience? I'm really anxious to get the NVC case number and get the ball rolling on that. Thanks!

Just adding more info. 
I-130 was approved Monday, February 12

Case sent to NVC Wednesday, February 14

February 13, 2018: I-130 request to expedite denied (lol, I didn't understand the denial to expedite since the I-130 was approved on the same day as the request)

November 23, 2018: NVC Accepted AOS and Civil Documents, and requested replacement of police certificate. Re-submitted police certificate on the same day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ueslei & Jacky said:

Just adding more info. 
I-130 was approved Monday, February 12

Case sent to NVC Wednesday, February 14

Nice you got expedite granted as they are not easy to get..

Hi All, My case was sent to NVC on 29th Jan.WE called yesterday and the agent told us they haven't yet received our case. Does anyone know how long does it take for the NVC to receive our case from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Oladipo said:

Yes victory is ours. My husband just got our case number and invoice number. Expecting welcome letter now

Congratulations dear.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Oladipo said:

Sent Jan 24th, received by nvc 26th. And got the number now. Keep calling them don't listen to (call by in a few days). Call them everyday. Till u get the number. 

Hello Everyone,

For anyone whose case was received by NVC in January and has still not received a case number/ invoice number after the 2 week mark, please call every single day.

My docs were received Jan 29th, I called and they told me to wait 2 weeks, I waited and the 2 weeks was up on Feb 12th. 

As soon as it hit the 2 week mark this past Monday, I took it upon myself to be a pest! I called 4 times everyday. I got " you should have gotten your case number by now", "we are currently behind", "let me send your case to a supervisor and it might take 6 WEEKS for him/ her to review it".!!!!  I kept up my 7 am, Noon, 3pm and 8pm calls and must have gotten a supervisor referral 4 times.

Ladies and gentlemen, I called last night at 9pm and the nice man on the phone gave me my case and invoice numbers and said they were just created. So, I got my case number after 2 weeks and 2 days of my case getting to the NVC.

Moral of this story/epistle, call them back to back, become a pest, lol. Be very nice on the phone though. This is especially for anyone who has reached the 2 week mark. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Lyn & Lan said:

Hello Everyone,

For anyone whose case was received by NVC in January and has still not received a case number/ invoice number after the 2 week mark, please call every single day.

My docs were received Jan 29th, I called and they told me to wait 2 weeks, I waited and the 2 weeks was up on Feb 12th. 

As soon as it hit the 2 week mark this past Monday, I took it upon myself to be a pest! I called 4 times everyday. I got " you should have gotten your case number by now", "we are currently behind", "let me send your case to a supervisor and it might take 6 WEEKS for him/ her to review it".!!!!  I kept up my 7 am, Noon, 3pm and 8pm calls and must have gotten a supervisor referral 4 times.

Ladies and gentlemen, I called last night at 9pm and the nice man on the phone gave me my case and invoice numbers and said they were just created. So, I got my case number after 2 weeks and 2 days of my case getting to the NVC.

Moral of this story/epistle, call them back to back, become a pest, lol. Be very nice on the phone though. This is especially for anyone who has reached the 2 week mark. 

@Pat Stubbs plz read

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Lyn & Lan said:

Hello Everyone,

I'm calling everyday but nothing yet. They got my case on Jan 18 and nothing yet. I'm so frustrated but today I will keep calling.

Edited by carlinhoswave

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question copied of passport, police certificate, birth certificate are those supporting documents for my spouse or to send copies of both of ours?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 minutes ago, GiGiJamacia said:

I have a question copied of passport, police certificate, birth certificate are those supporting documents for my spouse or to send copies of both of ours?

you need to have everything the same except if USC you do not need a police certificate

just need the info page of the passport sent to NVC and need to have it at interview also..

anything you send to NVC from my understanding the originals must be taken to interview.

Edited by Khallaf

Timeline
31 minutes ago, GiGiJamacia said:

You will understand better wen you go to nvc website.nvc.state.gov 

Timeline

PS

Just to clarify some things here I understand many of us are really trying to be of help but if we must help pls and pls let it be those that has gone thru the process,submitted required documents and gone thru all the phases of USCIS And NVC probably INTERVIEW.I don't like a situation people send me messages and getting confused about documents to submit these and that.God bless us all.To those of our fellow brethren still waiting either in NVC stage or USCIS stage trust me it's gonna be a great joy at the end of everything.Best of LUCK

Timeline
10 hours ago, Sundee said:

Just keep faith, pray and stay busy as it’s a long process. There are some of us who waited close to 1 year for Approval..

Thanks! I'm trying to stay positive and going to request an expedite at every step of the way. I'm close to being evicted and having nowhere to live with my children. BTW, I'm the USC petitioning for my husband who is in Brazil waiting for the visa while I'm in the US with the children. Everything will happen in God's time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.