audacieux89

San Francisco, CA AOS

136 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2018 at 5:47 PM, Zhe Jin said:

Hi. For NOA, you mean I797C? I got it on June 19, 2017. Interview notice was on October 2, 2018. Hope that will help you.

Yes! Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 9:50 AM, hwk said:

Any other June/July 2017  filers get their interview date?  Mine was filed on July 24th and still waiting. 

I think yours should be coming anytime now! Based on the timeline Zhe Jin had I'm guessing an end of Nov/ early Dec interview date for you. Keep us posted!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Its taking so long.  I'm hoping they will delay the interview until July 2019.  So we will have been married for 2 years and skip the conditional green card! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
8 hours ago, runnergirl015 said:

I think yours should be coming anytime now! Based on the timeline Zhe Jin had I'm guessing an end of Nov/ early Dec interview date for you. Keep us posted!

Thats what im thinking too. Someone who filed july 3rd just had their status change as well so hoping i will change this year

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2018 at 7:53 PM, hwk said:

Thats what im thinking too. Someone who filed july 3rd just had their status change as well so hoping i will change this year

hwk, any good news yet?

3 minutes ago, hwk said:

Not yet.. still waiting 

this wait is nuts.. so frustrating that people from other processing centers who applied one year later are already getting their interviews. fingers crossed you get yours soon! i filed one month after you so i'm not holding my breath..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
14 minutes ago, runnergirl015 said:

this wait is nuts.. so frustrating that people from other processing centers who applied one year later are already getting their interviews. fingers crossed you get yours soon! i filed one month after you so i'm not holding my breath..

Yup one of my friend in flordia got their interview scheduled last week and they waited  3 months  for it

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, 

My status changed to "interview ready to schedule" as of yesterday. I was excited for about 30 minutes, until I saw SF office roughly takes about 15 months to schedule an interview 😣

SO with that being said, I'm hoping EAD/AP will come much sooner. 

My NOA 1 date is December 28 2018, around how long did it take everyone to receive that? I'm expecting a RFE (I didn't put duplicates of passport photos)....So, if anyone else received an RFE, did it back track your EAD/AP by a lot??? Thanks!!! 

Edited by Vee_bay_bee

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

Hi everyone, 

My status changed to "interview ready to schedule" as of yesterday. I was excited for about 30 minutes, until I saw SF office roughly takes about 15 months to schedule an interview 😣

My NOA 1 date is December 28 2018, around how long did it take everyone to receive that? I'm expecting a RFE (I didn't put duplicates of passport photos)....So, if anyone else received an RFE, did it back track your EAD/AP by a lot??? Thanks!!! 

Unfortunately, the RFE may delay the case. If you reply right away, there’s a chance it will not delay it. From what I’ve read, the clock ticking resumes when the RFE reply is received.  I had an RFE and sent in my reply within 24 hours. It still took them 3 weeks to reflect that they received it. It did not seem to have affected my EAD/AP combo card arrival so my advice is, take action immediately as soon as you receive the RFE. Do not send it in before you get the RFE in the mail because you need to send that piece of paper back with your reply.  Make a copy. Good luck!

P.S. I received an RFE about 3 weeks after my receipt date. It’s been 3 months since your NOA1 so let’s hope they will let it slide. I say that because you should’ve received the RFE by now. 

Edited by beachlover

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi - is there anyone out there that had to renew their EAD combo card while waiting for their AOS interview? My EAD/AP is only valid for a year and the SF wait times go past that. If yes, when do I start filing my EAD extension request? My card expires in Feb 2020.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, beachlover said:

Unfortunately, the RFE may delay the case. If you reply right away, there’s a chance it will not delay it. From what I’ve read, the clock ticking resumes when the RFE reply is received.  I had an RFE and sent in my reply within 24 hours. It still took them 3 weeks to reflect that they received it. It did not seem to have affected my EAD/AP combo card arrival so my advice is, take action immediately as soon as you receive the RFE. Do not send it in before you get the RFE in the mail because you need to send that piece of paper back with your reply.  Make a copy. Good luck!

P.S. I received an RFE about 3 weeks after my receipt date. It’s been 3 months since your NOA1 so let’s hope they will let it slide. I say that because you should’ve received the RFE by now. 

Thanks!! That's what I was wondering. I'm 3 months in and still no RFE>> so fingers crossed they don't decide to send me one 6 months in😫 Thank you!

On 3/21/2019 at 9:02 AM, Vee_bay_bee said:

Hi everyone, 

Hi there, we are ready to be scheduled for an interview as of March 21st. Definitely keep me updated, we are waiting in that huuuuuge line together now :) 

Sf update:  Status changed in January to interview ready to be scheduled. Status changed in March 5 to interview scheduled. Letter received a week later and my interview will be first week of April. Hang in there everyone! 

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.