Pamy

It's been 115 days since I passed my Naturalization exam and I did not receive my oath letter.

15 posts in this topic

I filled my n400 application on January 21 2017. On July 20 I had my exam where I passed it. Today is November 15 and I still didn't receive my oath letter. Does anyone else have the same problem? 

24 minutes ago, Pamy said:

I filled my n400 application on January 21 2017. On July 20 I had my exam where I passed it. Today is November 15 and I still didn't receive my oath letter. Does anyone else have the same problem? 

Did you call to speak to a tier 2, 

but I believe they have 120 days to give you an oath date!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Pamy said:

didn't happen to me but I met a lot of people who applied with me last year and cities like New York, Philadelphia and Chicago people took forever for the Oath. Have you checked the status of your process or call USCIS? 10 months sounds like a lot for an Oath Ceremony to be quite honest. 

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Pamy said:

On the interview results form that was handed over to you, which box was checked ? Decision cannot be made yet or Congratulations ???

Once you cross 120 days, schedule an infopass with the field office where you gave your interview and talk to an immigration officer. Additionally you can also call USCIS and talk to a level 2 officer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pamy said:

How did you receive your green card? I've read a lot of people who received their green card through asylum, mostly Mainland Chinese are having issues with naturalisation. 

1 hour ago, Andrea&Henry said:

didn't happen to me but I met a lot of people who applied with me last year and cities like New York, Philadelphia and Chicago people took forever for the Oath. Have you checked the status of your process or call USCIS? 10 months sounds like a lot for an Oath Ceremony to be quite honest. 

The paper that immigration officer gave me after my exam had two checked marks 

1) I past the test

2) decision can't be made 

i call the uscis office a week ago they said to wait 120 days. I called yesterday again and the officer took my info and send it to the office to find out what is going on.

1 hour ago, iamwhatiam80 said:

On the interview results form that was handed over to you, which box was checked ? Decision cannot be made yet or Congratulations ???

Once you cross 120 days, schedule an infopass with the field office where you gave your interview and talk to an immigration officer. Additionally you can also call USCIS and talk to a level 2 officer.

First, it said I pass the test

second, it said decision  cant be made

i try to schedule with info pass but there is nothing is available for the next month😔

1 hour ago, Andrea&Henry said:

I did actually called uscis and they took my info to find out what is going on. Online case status check says interview was scheduled 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Pamy said:

i try to schedule with info pass but there is nothing is available for the next month😔

People have recommendations for NY office infopass scheduling.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Pamy said:

OK. So it probably means that there is some kind of administrative processing that is pending on your case.

Who did you talk to at USCIS ? The regular customer service or the level 2 officer ? The regular customer service rep has no extra information about your case than what you know. You should talk to a level 2 officer if you can.

And yes try to get a infopass as early as you can. You can also open a e-request with USCIS.  You also have the option of getting your congressman involved. But first get an infopass.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Pamy said:

Unfortunately you are not the only one. I had my interview on August 7th, 2017 - my online status changed to Oath ceremony will be scheduled in September, but until now I still haven't received the actual oath ceremony letter. I talked to some other members here on visajourney, although they are all from my area (North Dakota). Some of them are waiting since April 2017 to receive an oath letter. Not sure what's going on. I will probably submit an e-request next month if I don't receive anything by then. 

Good luck! 

N400 Journey

2017-01-10: package sent 
2017-01-23: NOA1 hard copy received (date on the NOA1 01/17/2017)
2017-02-10: biometrics appointment 
2017-02-22: in line for the interview
2017-07-05: case status changed to we scheduled your interview ...etc
2017-07-10: interview letter received
2017-08-07: interview 
2017-09-01: in line for Oath

ROC Journey
2015-12-28: package sent
2015-12-29: NOA1 (received on 2016-01-19)
2016-01-26: biometrics app. in Fargo (letter received in mail on 2016-01-14)
2016-07-22: NOA2 Approved!
2016-07-30: Green card received

AOS Journey

2013-09-20 ( Day 1 ) - AOS, EAD, AP applications sent

2013-09-23 ( Day 3 ) - AOS, EAD, AP applications received

2013-09-26 ( Day 6 ) - email NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP applications

2013-09-30 ( Day 10 ) - hard copy NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP applications

2013-10-08 ( Day 18 ) - Biometrics Appointment Notice received in the mail

2013-10-25 ( Day 35) - Bio. Appt. in Fargo

2013-11-26 (Day 67) - EAD and AP approved !!!

2013-12-02 (Day 72) - EAD and AP sent to my address 

2013-12-05 (Day 75) - EAD and AP received in mail

2014-03-11 - RFE for AOS (some vaccination missing)

2014-03-18 - RFE respond sent

2014-03-24 - GREEN CARD APPROVED (CARD IN PRODUCTION)

2014-03-31 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED IN MAIL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
18 hours ago, Natasha&Luka said:

Unfortunately you are not the only one. I had my interview on August 7th, 2017 - my online status changed to Oath ceremony will be scheduled in September, but until now I still haven't received the actual oath ceremony letter. I talked to some other members here on visajourney, although they are all from my area (North Dakota). Some of them are waiting since April 2017 to receive an oath letter. Not sure what's going on. I will probably submit an e-request next month if I don't receive anything by then. 

Good luck! 

That's absurd. Have you guys reached out to any congressperson yet? Don't lose time with e-requests, someone has to push them to do better job for oath ceremonies. Maybe if enough ND filers push the senators or house rep, that would help. If I were you, I'd contact the two senator's and the house rep's office right away and ask assistance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.