StupidJourney

Countries green card holders can visit?

23 posts in this topic

I found this link http://www.embassy.org/embassies/ and once you click on a specific country it takes you to their web site.

It is helpful as it caters to both USC and LPR and tells you what you need and where to submit paperwork.

LPR status does give you some benefit as your permanent residence is in the States and it is easier to obtain visas with your GC and your passport. I was just checking for German visa and like in Bosnia, we get discount rate for visas - only 47$ instead of 80$.

Edited for spelling :-) Serves me right for going to the gym and overworking the first day - can barely use my arms and hands (note to self: good thing I did not do any tummy exercises!) :wacko:

Edited by milimelo

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I found this link http://www.embassy.org/embassies/ and once you click on a specific country it takes you to their web site.

It is helpful as it caters to both USC and LPR and tells you what you need and where to submit paperwork.

LPR status does give you some benefit as your permanent residence is in the States and it is easier to obtain visas with your GC and your passport. I was just checking for German visa and like in Bosnia, we get discount rate for visas - only 47$ instead of 80$.

Edited for spelling :-) Serves me right for going to the gym and overworking the first day - can barely use my arms and hands (note to self: good thing I did not do any tummy exercises!) :wacko:

Thanks for the link. Helps some, but I really wish there was a list where we could see just which countries allow LPR without a visa and which don't! Too much to hope for I guess!

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:lol:

I feel your pain. Hang in there! :D

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

bump

I'm curious

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I thought the policy toward Mexico, Canada, and the Bahamas changed this year, with a passport now being required. Better double-check before you or your SO try entering!

Rule change is that a passport is required for returning to the USA..... Not necessarily the other way around. This person will need to show there passport & greencard to gain entry back into USA.

Although that is correct, most airlines wont let you fly if you don't have a passport for the outward leg of the journey.

Sent AOS, EAD - 3/27/07

NOA1 for AOS and EAD - 4/03/07

Checks cashed - 4/04/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/06/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/09/07

RFE for AOS - 04/26/07

return RFE - 06/20/07

EAD approved - 07/07/07

AOS transfered to CSC - 07/10/07

AOS approved - 08/10/07

Welcome letter arrived - 08/18/07

Green card arrive - 08/18/07

Apply for stolen green card 07/12/09

Apply for I-751 09/31/09

I-751 rejected due to late filling

Resubmit with a letter explaining tardiness 10/01/09

NOA1 - 10/17/09

No BioMetrics

Approval 12/4/09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I thought the policy toward Mexico, Canada, and the Bahamas changed this year, with a passport now being required. Better double-check before you or your SO try entering!

Rule change is that a passport is required for returning to the USA..... Not necessarily the other way around. This person will need to show there passport & greencard to gain entry back into USA.

Although that is correct, most airlines wont let you fly if you don't have a passport for the outward leg of the journey.

I think it is safer to say that the airlines won't let you fly if you do not have the proper entry documents for that particular leg of your journey. Airlines are responsible to make sure you have the correct entry documents for that leg of the journey and that leg only (because if you don't they get find and have to take you back).

Even before the recent relaxing of the passport entry rules, it was possible that you could do a one-way flight into Canada and do a land based crossing on the return and no passport would have been required for the entire journey. No airline would not have denied you passage for lack of a passport because you didn't need one.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The list is:

Mexico

Canada

Switzerland.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The list is:

Mexico

Canada

Switzerland.

Thanks.

What a shocking amount of misinformation in this thread. People need to realise there is a difference between being able to enter a foriegn country and being able to return from that foriegn country to the USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.