Shalinski

K-1 Petition - Photos - Ok to caption?

5 posts in this topic

Aloha!
I have a few questions regarding photos:
a. Photos: Is it OK to put captions on the front of the photos I.E. "Patong Beach, Thailand March 6, 2017" I was thinking of using small post its on the photos with clear tape. Or do you recommend putting the information on the back?

b. What size photos do you recommend? 3X5 or 4X6?

c. What's the best way to present the photos in the petition package?
    Can I use a clear photo page, like from a photo album, to present multiple photos at once?
    Or just put them in an envelope?
    I seen examples of people putting their passport style photos in a clear sandwich bag.
    Should I separate them from the other photos?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Photos for evidence of relationship: 

- It would be up to you. The photos I sent were all digital and pasted on a word document. I put the captions under the photo (so the reader would know immediately what was happening in the photo and would not have to flip the page). I didn't send in photos that were printed on photo paper at all. I wanted to make sure the package was not bulky and was neat.

- Any size really, it doesn't matter. Quality of the picture I think is what matters most. Make sure they are all clear and high resolution. Arrange it with the thought of how the reader would perceive your application. :) 

I did mine where it wasn't too big that it would make the package bulky...but not too small where the person would not be able to distinguish the faces.

-the easier to flip through your application, the better!

Passport photo:

- I placed mine in a small plastic sleeve/sandwich bag and clipped it at the very front page of my application (separate from the evidence photos). I also wrote down the full name and alien number at the back just in case it got lost in the person's table. Lol.

Edited by audacieux89

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 hours ago, Shalinski said:
Aloha!
I have a few questions regarding photos:
a. Photos: Is it OK to put captions on the front of the photos I.E. "Patong Beach, Thailand March 6, 2017" I was thinking of using small post its on the photos with clear tape. Or do you recommend putting the information on the back?

b. What size photos do you recommend? 3X5 or 4X6?

c. What's the best way to present the photos in the petition package?
    Can I use a clear photo page, like from a photo album, to present multiple photos at once?
    Or just put them in an envelope?
    I seen examples of people putting their passport style photos in a clear sandwich bag.
    Should I separate them from the other photos?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

a) Yes :thumbs: It's OK to caption

b) 4x6

c) Either option you describe should be fine. I would do little ziploc baggie type

Edited by C-ma'am

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.