967 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Olivia2804 said:

Does the nature of your RFE matter? I have received a RFE  for my I-485. Does that mean that only the I-485 package was opened and not my EAD/AP package?

well their supposed to be processed together. EAD/AP are processed within 90 days (at least that WAS the case) and GC can take anywhere from 6 months to a year and more. but because of the RFE your i485 gets put on hold until they receive what they requested (which for you should not be long since you responded the same day). i've read conflicting statements that the processing time for EAD/AP is then reset and you have to wait up to 90 days (or more) again. but some people say that's not the case and they got the EAD/AP within 2 weeks to a month or two, from the moment the responded to RFE. so idk, and I don't think anyone does really :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, AnnieBee said:

I just got another RFIE sent to me, according to the case status website. 2nd RFIE (had one in Jan), both on the I-485, still haven't gotten my aos....(24 Nov filler)

It is possible to get 2 RFEs? Can I ask you what are they?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Olivia2804 said:

It is possible to get 2 RFEs? Can I ask you what are they?

3 hours ago, AnnieBee said:

i guess it is. I've heard about this before. The first one was for the Affidavit of Support, i printed the form that was meant for the k1 visa and not the aos (stupid mistake), and i don't know what this one is for.

is it says in the website 2nd RFE? or just initial rfe? coz i got RFE too for second time

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to keep asking this question but I'm starting to let my nerves get the best of me! :(

Did anyone else go from "ready to schedule your interview, you will be receiving more instructions in the mail" status on USCIS website to  "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case".

When I call the USCIS number to check the case status it still says "ready to schedule interview."

Does anyone have any sort of insight on this? Is it time to place an inquiry or should I just sit tight and see what happens?

NOA1 for I-485 combo packet (I-765 & I-131) - November 6th 2017

Biometrics appt - December 15 2017

Received EAD/AP - March 8 2018

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Julia and Ryan said:

Sorry to keep asking this question but I'm starting to let my nerves get the best of me! :(

Did anyone else go from "ready to schedule your interview, you will be receiving more instructions in the mail" status on USCIS website to  "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case".

When I call the USCIS number to check the case status it still says "ready to schedule interview."

Does anyone have any sort of insight on this? Is it time to place an inquiry or should I just sit tight and see what happens?

NOA1 for I-485 combo packet (I-765 & I-131) - November 6th 2017

Biometrics appt - December 15 2017

Received EAD/AP - March 8 2018

Only have to wait. 

I have had the same status since Jan. 10, 2018.

On the new site it has that status 'waiting to schedule interview'. 

The old site indicates they cant provide with info. 

Try to find people in your specific area to have a better idea of time line because all states are different. 

For example, i am in NJ mount laurel office. Time frame looks like in 9 -10 months ill be receiving my interview. I was able to get in touch with a filer from Augist on this platform who just this month received her interview. Our cases are very similar. If you enter your timeline on the site, it gives you options to look for others with similar timelines. 

Also helps the site gather data and provide more current time frames. 

Timeline

By the 9-10 months, i was reffering to the full processing time. From initial submission to the interview. Not 9-10 montha from today. Sorry for any confussion. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, LCCF said:

Only have to wait. 

I have had the same status since Jan. 10, 2018.

On the new site it has that status 'waiting to schedule interview'. 

The old site indicates they cant provide with info. 

Try to find people in your specific area to have a better idea of time line because all states are different. 

For example, i am in NJ mount laurel office. Time frame looks like in 9 -10 months ill be receiving my interview. I was able to get in touch with a filer from Augist on this platform who just this month received her interview. Our cases are very similar. If you enter your timeline on the site, it gives you options to look for others with similar timelines. 

Also helps the site gather data and provide more current time frames. 

Thanks for your response! I looked at VJ's filers in my area with similar timelines and one has already had their interview and been cleared so I started getting nervous!

I had no idea USCIS had a new site!?  How will I know if I am using the correct site or is it just automatic at this point - I'll be directed to the new site

Timeline

@Julia and Ryan can you tell when those people in your area submitted their app? 

The old site is uscis.gov where it gives you the option to check your status. 

The new site is: myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

You have to create a log-in to access your info. Enter your file # and every time you log in, it will be there. As well as the history of status. 

The dates may be slightly different.

For example the old site told me they received my app. On 11.6 and the new site 11.7 not much of a difference but i did notice that. 

Hope this helps :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Guy I have a question and maybe one of us can help me. 

I became pregnant during the process, so maybe I will be very pregnant or already have the baby at the time of the interview. Did I have any declaration to do to uSCiS about it ? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, butterfly789 said:

I became pregnant during the process, so maybe I will be very pregnant or already have the baby at the time of the interview. Did I have any declaration to do to uSCiS about it ? 

Félicitations ! Congrats! No, you don't need to declare your pregnancy to USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
5 minutes ago, butterfly789 said:

Congratulations!   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 5/28/2018 at 8:12 PM, hiepster said:

No RFE.  Did biometrics on Dec 27 and since then nothing.  I just submit an online inquiry.

We got 1 RFE.   They wanted more info on my tax/income.  I am a 10-99 filer so my taxes are all over the place.   I did get notification back that they received it and within 3 month of that date they would make a decision.   3 months will be June 28th.   No idea if that means a decision on EAD/AP/AOS or just our EAD/AP.   

I filed an ombudsman query.   

Timeline
1 minute ago, FloridaMinsk said:

We got 1 RFE.   They wanted more info on my tax/income.  I am a 10-99 filer so my taxes are all over the place.   I did get notification back that they received it and within 3 month of that date they would make a decision.   3 months will be June 28th.   No idea if that means a decision on EAD/AP/AOS or just our EAD/AP.   

I filed an ombudsman query.   

How far along in the process did you get your RFE?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.