2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/20/2019 at 2:47 PM, Nayda said:

- Filed I751 in Dec 2017, N400 in Jan 2019. 

- I had an interview for N400 after 3,5 months after the biometrics. Great officer, only me at the interview. He didn’t have my I751 documents, although he requested them from CSC. My case is very easy and straightforward (married, evidence, one child), and he asked me only essential about case, he didn’t go into details for N400. So I passed it, but it couldn’t have been approved without I751.

Then he promised he will try to get it during the following week, which hadn’t happened. I am waiting again. 

- I called USCIS several times, never got the chance to got connected to Tier 2. I wrote several messages, never got the real response except “I751 is within processing time”, and “N400 interview is done, if you get approved, you will get the information about Oath”. 

- It is very frustrating because someone is lazy and unorganized, we have to suffer and it IS a big deal when you are about to get American citizenship. Basically, they don’t follow the Constitution 😅

do you have any news in your case? I have my I-751 case approved but I'm still waiting for my N-400 Oath Ceremony 

2 minutes ago, Johny1988 said:

do you have any news in your case? I have my I-751 case approved but I'm still waiting for my N-400 Oath Ceremony 

I got my 751 approved in July, card delivered. Nothing yet about N400. Passed 120 days. I sent letters to the field office and the Representative, I called USCIS and they submit inquiry on Sep 12, which is still pending. 

Basically, nothing. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nayda said:

I got my 751 approved in July, card delivered. Nothing yet about N400. Passed 120 days. I sent letters to the field office and the Representative, I called USCIS and they submit inquiry on Sep 12, which is still pending. 

Basically, nothing. 

I called to USCIS too last week and they gave me a receive number  on oct-7, I hope they resolve our cases ASAP good luck and please if you have any news please let me know 

12 hours ago, Johny1988 said:

I called to USCIS too last week and they gave me a receive number  on oct-7, I hope they resolve our cases ASAP good luck and please if you have any news please let me know 

12 hours ago, Nayda said:

Basically, nothing. 

Hello Guys,

I had combo interview on June 26, but didn't hear anything back. I'm almost 120 days. I sent many inquiries, calling, infopass, congressmen nothing help. I don't know what should happen. Were your case semiller to me?

2 hours ago, mz_066 said:

Hello Guys,

I had combo interview on June 26, but didn't hear anything back. I'm almost 120 days. I sent many inquiries, calling, infopass, congressmen nothing help. I don't know what should happen. Were your case semiller to me?

I sent letters after I passed 120 days and I quoted that article from their Policy Manual. I’m still with processing time being 9 months , out of max 13 for my office. (They extended it from 8.5).

2 minutes ago, Nayda said:

I sent letters after I passed 120 days and I quoted that article from their Policy Manual. I’m still with processing time being 9 months , out of max 13 for my office. (They extended it from 8.5).

Do you mean even if you pass 120 says from interview but you still fall into processing time frame you have to wait????

1 minute ago, mz_066 said:

Do you mean even if you pass 120 says from interview but you still fall into processing time frame you have to wait????

You see, that’s the thing. USCIS Policy Manual states that USCIS has to issue a decision after 120 from interview.

But, all the call I made, all the emails I wrote to them, they would be like “you are within processing time”. Then, when I explain 120 days, it seems nobody knows (at least those Tier 1, first level) about it. 

And how come all people who applied after us are approved and already citizens? We are just unlucky:(

2 minutes ago, Nayda said:

You see, that’s the thing. USCIS Policy Manual states that USCIS has to issue a decision after 120 from interview.

But, all the call I made, all the emails I wrote to them, they would be like “you are within processing time”. Then, when I explain 120 days, it seems nobody knows (at least those Tier 1, first level) about it. 

And how come all people who applied after us are approved and already citizens? We are just unlucky:(

The same here, every time I call they tell me something different. I know I feel i'm the most unlucky person in that world, people had their interview 3 month after me already citizens now. So how far are you after 120 days? did you get DC or still waiting for both too?

Just now, mz_066 said:

The same here, every time I call they tell me something different. I know I feel i'm the most unlucky person in that world, people had their interview 3 month after me already citizens now. So how far are you after 120 days? did you get DC or still waiting for both too?

Exactly. Last time I called, I told this Tier1 that I have different answers every time I call. She was like “I apologize” . (?!) 

my timeline:

—n400 in May

-approved and received green card I-751 in July

- 120 days passed as of September 9th, so over 160 days now :( 

1 minute ago, Nayda said:

Exactly. Last time I called, I told this Tier1 that I have different answers every time I call. She was like “I apologize” . (?!) 

my timeline:

—n400 in May

-approved and received green card I-751 in July

- 120 days passed as of September 9th, so over 160 days now :( 

Even when I call with Tier 2 the same nothing different. But at least you got something I didn't get anything yet. Did you think to request judicial check on your case?

16 minutes ago, mz_066 said:

Even when I call with Tier 2 the same nothing different. But at least you got something I didn't get anything yet. Did you think to request judicial check on your case?

Tier 2 are rude, so they will tell you anything fast just to get rid of you. 
do you mean to sue USCIS according to 120 days rule? That is in consideration, i really don’t want to deal with that, plus it is over $400 just to file. I hope something will happen. 
so frustrating:(

1 hour ago, Nayda said:

Tier 2 are rude, so they will tell you anything fast just to get rid of you. 
do you mean to sue USCIS according to 120 days rule? That is in consideration, i really don’t want to deal with that, plus it is over $400 just to file. I hope something will happen. 
so frustrating:(

It's really frustrating, I hope something happen in the next couple days. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Dear all,

As of today, my N400 case status has been changed to testing and interview, and waiting to the mail to confirm the interview date. However, my i751 is still pending. Is there anything I can do to make sure I will have the combo interview? 

much appreciated!

Eli

Timeline
On 10/17/2019 at 9:17 AM, mz_066 said:

Hello Guys,

No, I filled I-751 in Feb -2018 and 11 months after I decide to Filled my N-400, in that time I did not hear nothing from my I-751 then my N-400 moved quickly and I got my interview on Jun-2019 on my interview the IO told me that she didn't get my I-750 filed and she will requested from CSC and will take a decision in both cases in about 2 weeks and that never happened so after 4 week of my interview I got a letter for Biometrics for my I-751, on sep- 15- 2019 I got a RFE for I-751 two weeks later they approve my I-751 case and I receive my Green Card on Oct-15-2019 but I'm still waiting for N-400 decision.

Hi,

I have my combo interview schedule for the 29th. Could someone give me suggestions as to what to bring as evidence,? My husband will come with me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.