Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, ali azher khan said:

what about  USSPONSOR PAKI I think they file WOM also in march

Hasn't posted since June (although it seems he was online in July) he was to hear an answer by the end of July I believe. 

2 hours ago, sk91 said:

yes I filed WOM in March. They asked for re-medical and visa photos at 2nd interview.

Congratulations! Can you please tell me which lawyer did you hire and how much did he charge you?

My wife's case has been stuck in Ready status since her interview (Feb 7, 2020). She was approved but was later asked to submit her old passport. Since then no updates. We sent the inquiry to embassy and their response document received but haven't been reviewed yet . I'm thinking of filing a WOM. Do you know how long you need to wait for it before you can file it?

Edited by Mak89

Timeline
On 8/4/2020 at 8:26 PM, Ahmed&Freda said:

They usually say 7 to 14 days but I think it varies.  My husband spoke to a gentleman today who had his oath and fingerprints on the 28th and received his visa today so it should be soon. 

you got visa too? Congratsss! ❤️

Timeline
On 8/4/2020 at 12:53 PM, sk91 said:

Hey guys, the US embassy Islamabad just issued my husband's visa today after 2 years of being in AP.  

Congrats! When is he planning to land here? ❤️

21 hours ago, Mak89 said:

Congratulations! Can you please tell me which lawyer did you hire and how much did he charge you?

My wife's case has been stuck in Ready status since her interview (Feb 7, 2020). She was approved but was later asked to submit her old passport. Since then no updates. We sent the inquiry to embassy and their response document received but haven't been reviewed yet . I'm thinking of filing a WOM. Do you know how long you need to wait for it before you can file it?

Thanks... It was james hacking..and he charged $4000 plus $100 consultation fee. You should at least wait a year before filing but you can consult with lawyer for further information.

https://hackinglawpractice.com/our-team/james-o-hacking/

2 hours ago, Lexushim said:

Congrats! When is he planning to land here? ❤️

Thanks! pretty soon inshAllah!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Embassy finally response me today for my mother case... 😍😍....while my father case is still in AP...🙄🙄

Thank you for your query. Your request has been forwarded to a Consular officer for review and they will contact you with further guidance regarding your mother's visa. Note: You may still experience a delay with this admin process as our records indicate that approval is pending to process her case separately. If they are split then there is a chance that the officer will ask for further documents to complete her process. 

Please be prepared to experience significant delays in visa issuance.  As of March 17, 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad suspended routine visa services due to COVID-19 concerns and severely reduced staffing.  We will resume routine services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.  If you do not hear anything from our office within 6 months of this response, please send us a follow up inquiry.    
Edited by Zaib212

Timeline
On 6/5/2020 at 6:54 AM, ali azher khan said:

Cangradulation finally your mother got the visa.I was following your posts from 2 years ,your parents case were the only case older than mine on the forum.I am in A.P from feb 2018 IR 1 category.Can you tell us how the embassy responded you E.mail or paper mail.InshAllah your Dad will get the visa soon 

they finally response me now that they forward to counselor for review so lets see what happened now. i get response through email. whats the status on ur case... my parents has been in AP in since june 2017...

Timeline
On 8/4/2020 at 12:53 PM, sk91 said:

Hey guys, the US embassy Islamabad just issued my husband's visa today after 2 years of being in AP.  

mubarak ho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys.. My fiancé received a call from the embassy today around 3pm. But he was asleep and missed the call as he work for an American company so his schedule runs on American hours.. 

But he also received an email asking for a second “fresh”(that’s what it says in the email lol) medical and 2 visa sized photographs. 
But no other information. It doesn’t say how to submit them. Where to submit them etc. just asks for you these 2 things to proceed forward. We have been in AP since October of 2019. 
He is super nervous and is mad at himself because he wasn’t awake to answer the call 😬 he called back when he did wake up and they told him that he would probably receive another call and also to call back tomorrow morning and that they would find the CO who called him.. 

If any of you guys have submitted a second medical and/or photographs, how have you submitted them? 
I’m hoping that tomorrow he is able to receive more information. 😰

Timeline
10 minutes ago, AandH said:

Hey guys.. My fiancé received a call from the embassy today around 3pm. But he was asleep and missed the call as he work for an American company so his schedule runs on American hours.. 

But he also received an email asking for a second “fresh”(that’s what it says in the email lol) medical and 2 visa sized photographs. 
But no other information. It doesn’t say how to submit them. Where to submit them etc. just asks for you these 2 things to proceed forward. We have been in AP since October of 2019. 
He is super nervous and is mad at himself because he wasn’t awake to answer the call 😬 he called back when he did wake up and they told him that he would probably receive another call and also to call back tomorrow morning and that they would find the CO who called him.. 

If any of you guys have submitted a second medical and/or photographs, how have you submitted them? 
I’m hoping that tomorrow he is able to receive more information. 😰

You submit them at the appointment.   Does the email mention an appointment?  

Timeline
1 hour ago, AandH said:

No it doesn’t. That’s why I am confused.. 😕 

Send an inquiry.  They gave us a date for oath and fingerprints and asked us to provide those on that day.  Aziz medical center also had to confirm with the embassy ahead of time before scheduling the visit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.