Shohel Mahmud

Interview approved but Administrative Processing in Dhaka, Bangladesh Embassy

18 posts in this topic

My wife is an US citizen who applied for me. On July 31, 2017, I attended my immigrant visa interview at US Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh. At the end of interview, Consulate Officer told me that my interview is approved and could collect my passport with visa within 10 to 15 days. They did not give me any blue slip. They kept my passport and other documents. When I returned home, I found that Ceac status is showing "Administrative Processing". But, same day it changed to "Ready". Ceac status was "Ready" for 70 days. I contacted couple times with embassy, they always reply same thing in different way that my case is required "additional processing" or "additional review".

Yesterday, my Ceac status again change to "Administrative Processing" . No idea what they are doing. Is it a good sign or bad sign that my case change to "Administrative Processing"  from "Ready" after 70 days. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Someone at the embassy put your file in Admin processing but failed to change your status for online thing.  The embassy staff work like they do at any other Govt. office in Bangladesh.

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

How you know that Consulate Officer work like Govt. staff ? I appreciate you, that you have responded my question.  But, this is not the right advice. Anyway, thanks for trying.

Timeline

> How you know that Consulate Officer work like Govt. staff 

A. Cause they do, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do ".  When they are in the US, its different.

I just gave you a fact, you are ok, just wait and keep contacting them via. the contact form every few days to inquire about status of your application and when it will be completed.  Be courteous when you contact them.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

So, you want to tell that ceac status  depends on country. Like you mentioned  : "When in Rome, do as the Romans do ".   I am giving you some link. If you have time please check that other applicant's status also stuck on "Ready" after their interview. Their case is similar like me but they are not from my country. Another think, I know how to contact with embassy and please I don't need any advice from you.                                                                                                                                                   http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/586598-ceac-status-stuck-on-ready-6-weeks-since-interview/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/623845-ceac-status-is-ready-but-nvc-daid-administrative/                                                                                                     http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/465582-ceac-status-stuck-at-ready/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/434548-understanding-ceac-status-after-visa-has-been-approved/

Timeline

You took me wrong, All I am saying it takes time, be patient and you will hear good news.  

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I am the Petitioner. My Mother had her interview on September 18th for Immigration visa ( IR5), Consular said approved, kept her Passport and other info... We have not received any info on her Passport pickup yet , Her status says "Administrate Processing". Is there anybody can tell me how long it takes to finish this administrative processing. I have sent an email, and it does not mention anything other then it might take 60 days to process for administrative processing.... Is there anybody here has similar issue???? My mother had 5 years multiple tourist visa already ( came last year and stayed 2 months with us), so not sure why it is taking them long to finish the processing.

8 hours ago, NoProblem said:

You took me wrong, All I am saying it takes time, be patient and you will hear good news.  

Ok. I  am sorry for that. Thanks.

It’s been a while since I’ve visited this website last. 

As far as I remember most male candidates from Bangladesh will go through the administrative processing.   The timeline can take somewhere between two weeks to our year depending on what comes out of the investigation. This is a time when patients get tested .  There is absolutely nothing you can do, and you will never get a proper update.  If everything goes well at some point in time you will get a call from the embassy. What will make more sense is if your USC wife keeps calling the embassy in Bangladesh and asks for an updated status.   However I do not think she will get any status either and if it gets delayed she can reach out to a congressman or senator and request them to make an inquiry. These are all standard protocol.

Finally, all I can say is just wait and keep sending your inquiry to the embassy every once in a while, without worrying about the negatives. 

Best of luck

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:29 AM, hellraiser said:

It’s been a while since I’ve visited this website last. 

As far as I remember most male candidates from Bangladesh will go through the administrative processing.   The timeline can take somewhere between two weeks to our year depending on what comes out of the investigation. This is a time when patients get tested .  There is absolutely nothing you can do, and you will never get a proper update.  If everything goes well at some point in time you will get a call from the embassy. What will make more sense is if your USC wife keeps calling the embassy in Bangladesh and asks for an updated status.   However I do not think she will get any status either and if it gets delayed she can reach out to a congressman or senator and request them to make an inquiry. These are all standard protocol.

Finally, all I can say is just wait and keep sending your inquiry to the embassy every once in a while, without worrying about the negatives. 

Best of luck

Thanks hellraiser.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello, it took  60 days to get the visa issued after  AP. My mom finally got her passport back. interview given : September 19th, Visa issued: Nov 9th. Sending email to "dhakavisasupport@state.gov"  helps.

Hi guys how are you ? Can some one please help me out.. My wife is an us citizen and I'm from Bangladesh. I had a interview 24july2016. They took my interview about one and half hours. After my interview they kept my passport. They not told me anything I'm approve or not.. But I went to home and check my case in online and saw it ready till now it's ready. It's been over 4 months. First 2 month I got 11/12 time update my case but last 2 months there no update.. I'm so worried right now.. My catagory is cr1... Please give me a good answer why it's seems like that ..?? 

18 hours ago, Shohel hossain said:

Hi guys how are you ? Can some one please help me out.. My wife is an us citizen and I'm from Bangladesh. I had a interview 24july2016. They took my interview about one and half hours. After my interview they kept my passport. They not told me anything I'm approve or not.. But I went to home and check my case in online and saw it ready till now it's ready. It's been over 4 months. First 2 month I got 11/12 time update my case but last 2 months there no update.. I'm so worried right now.. My catagory is cr1... Please give me a good answer why it's seems like that ..?? 

Have you contacted with Embassy by sending email to this address : dhakavisasupport@state.gov  ?  

• 2 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 11/27/2017 at 12:31 PM, brahman1971 said:

Hello, it took  60 days to get the visa issued after  AP. My mom finally got her passport back. interview given : September 19th, Visa issued: Nov 9th. Sending email to "dhakavisasupport@state.gov"  helps.

Hello There,

My parents case status has changed to "Issued" on February 25th, 2018. It's still showing Issued but last updated date has changed again. Now it's 28th February. But they haven't get any email for "Ready for Pick Up". I sent email to US Embassy, Dhaka. They replied but nothing helpful. That was kind of auto reply format. How long it took to get your parents passport after case status changed to "Issued"?

Thanks

R5 Case, Parent of USC:

USCIS:

2016-09-06: I-130 Sent

2016-09-09: NOA1 Received at USCIS. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center

2017-03-31: Case approved at USCIS.

2017-04-06: Got NOA2 in Mailbox.

NVC:

2017-04-11: Case sent to NVC from USCIS

2017-04-17: Case received at NVC

2017-04-20: NVC assigned a case number and invoice

2017-04-20: Submitted DS-261 Agent Form online

2017-04-21: Reviewed DS 261 Agent over Phone

2017-04-21: AOS invoice received via email

2017-04-21: AOS invoice paid online

2017-04-26: IV fee paid online

2017-04-26: Sent AOS and IV packages (hard copy) in one package

2017-04-26: Submitted DS-260 form online 

2017-04-27: NVC received AOS and IV packages

2017-04-28: Scan Date

2017--06-22: Review in process 

2017-6-23: Got checklist

2017-7-09: Send new papers to NVC

2017-7-14: New Scan date

2017-08-16: NVC Case Complete

2017-08-23: Received NVC email about Case Complete

2017-09-26: Interview scheduled

2017-10-10 Medical (Done)

2017-11-01: Interview

• 2 months later...
On 12/5/2017 at 7:35 PM, Shohel hossain said:

hello, did you get your passport yet? how long dd it take you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.