2,948 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

The messages may get sent immediately following an action but the actual production of the card, preparation for shipping, and handover from USCIS to USPS takes time. 

Congratulations!!! 

I saw your case is from Vermont office.

did they transferred it?

5 minutes ago, March777277 said:

Congratulations!!! 

I saw your case is from Vermont office.

did they transferred it?

transferred to TSC

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Just got the green card in hand... Whew

We filed late October 2017 to CSC, got transferred to Nebraska late November 2018, got approved last Saturday, got the approval notice yesterday, and got the actual card today. We never got any interview or RFE and I did not file for N400.

Thank you everyone for your help and support. This is a great community. Good luck on your future endeavors!

Edited by Eidwetab

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Background: We filed I-751 October 2017, hold 18 month extension letter and we did file N-400 in October 2018. Our file transferred to Lee Summit Mo. December 21st. 2018.

Update and Intelligence:

We have a small business which requires us to have security credentials. The credential grantor will not honor the extension letter but they will honor a I-551 passport stamp. 

We can no longer make an info-pass appointment online so we called the 800 number this past Wednesday (3/13) to ask for an Info-pass appointment. Yesterday, (3/14) we received a call from USCIS and they made the appointment for today (3/15)!  (That is far better than the online process ever was.)

Today we visited our USCIS office to obtain stamps in my wife's and stepdaughter's passports. They obliged and we are good for another 12 months.

We did ask about the effect of filing N-400 with a pending I-751 and they confirmed that the citizenship application does put the I-751 on hold and essentially combines the process. They said depending on the examining officer there might be 2 interviews - I-751 followed immediately buy the N-400 interview and testing or a combined one interview for both. They reassured us that we are "In Status" and we can receive additional passport stamps if necessary until our case is adjudicated. 

The officer did say this location has more cases than other offices (Houston, Texas) so we could expect 17 to 20 months for our N-400 to complete. that means we are 12 to 15 months away from being done. I personally think they over state the wait time and I would be surprised if we were not finished before next March. Waiting is not always easy but having a better understanding of the process and an expected end makes it much easier in my opinion.

Based on the very helpful posts here on VJ we believed that was the case and it was good to get confirmation from the USCIS office today to know what to expect. 

Thank you to everyone who contributes helpful information to this site.

Good luck to everyone!

Kind regards,

Tony & Natasha

09/15/2014 Privet

09/17/2014 Met on Skype

11/14/2014 First Trip!

11/17/2014 Engaged!

02/06/2015 Second Trip!

03/02/2015 Sent I-129F

03/05/2015 NOA1!

04/06/2015 RFE

04/10/2015 RFE Answered

04/21/2015 NOA2!

05/08/2015 NVC

06/03/2015 Ready for Interview!!!

06/04/2015 Interview Scheduled for 6/23/2015!

06/18/2015 Interview postponed to 07/07/2015 due to Visa System Database Shutdown.

07/07/2015 Interview! APPROVED! Pick up Visa 3:00 pm Thursday 07/09/2015!!!

07/09/2015 Visa in hand!!!!!

07/12/2015 Purchased Airline tickets - Arriving KLAX 07/30/2015 at 11:45 am Local Time!!!!

07/30/2015 Arrived Los Angeles International Airport

08/21/2015 Married!!!!!!!!

10/04/2015 AOS/EAD/AP Filed

10/13/2015 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

11/13/2015 Biometrics Completed

12/04/2015 AOS Application Ready - Interview Scheduled 01/14/2016!

01/04/2015 EAD/AP Approved

01/08/2016 EAD/AP Card Arrived

01/14/2016 AOS Interview APPROVED!

01/20/2016 Green Card Delivered to the USPS - ETA 01/23/2016

01/23/2016 Received Green Card!!!

10/16/2017 Sent I-751 ROC to California Service Center

10/19/2017 NOA1 ROC

11/13/2017 Biometrics Appointment.

10/16/2018 Filed N-400 Online

07/10/2019 Naturalization Interview Scheduled for 08/14/2019 09:25

08/14/2019 PASSED Naturalization Interview! Expect Oath Ceremony 9/2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys, I know we have talked about this many times but I don’t remember exactly where, so I’m going to ask this question again. Since my extension letter expires next month, and the website for an infopass appointment never has an appointment available, where can I call to schedule the infopass appointment? Would it be to the same number we use to check the status of our ROC? Thank you! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ali7 said:

Hi guys, I know we have talked about this many times but I don’t remember exactly where, so I’m going to ask this question again. Since my extension letter expires next month, and the website for an infopass appointment never has an appointment available, where can I call to schedule the infopass appointment? Would it be to the same number we use to check the status of our ROC? Thank you! 

Yes, there is only one USCIS number you can call.

Day 508 and I can finally say my i-751 journey is complete! My 10-year Green Card arrived in the mail today. Woo-hooo!

I have to give it back at my oath ceremony next month, but I did enjoy swapping out my expired 2-year Green card and getting rid of the 18-month extension letter. 

You guys rock, the support here is awesome. Speedy Green Card wishes to everyone who is still waiting. 

:) :) :) 

On 3/15/2019 at 8:31 AM, GoodbyeGirl said:

Really? Cool. :) I was wondering if it might turn up tomorrow, but based on your time frame, I'm thinking sometime next week now. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

5 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Day 508 and I can finally say my i-751 journey is complete! My 10-year Green Card arrived in the mail today. Woo-hooo!

I have to give it back at my oath ceremony next month, but I did enjoy swapping out my expired 2-year Green card and getting rid of the 18-month extension letter. 

You guys rock, the support here is awesome. Speedy Green Card wishes to everyone who is still waiting. 

:) :) :) 

How soon did you get your naturalization letter after the N400 Interview?

I got approved for N400 last February 26 and I still haven't received the letter for Naturalization.

I wonder what is going on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - TIMELINE - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I-751

Oct. 16, 2017  - ROC packet sent to VSC.

Oct. 19, 2017  - ROC packet signed for in VSC.

Oct. 20, 2017  - NOA date on receipt.

Nov. 6, 2017    - NOA receipt arrived in the mail. Check cashed.

Nov. 27, 2017  - Biometrics appointment arrived in the mail.  

Dec. 6, 2017    - Biometrics completed. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

N400

Sept. 20, 2018 - Filed N400 online.

Sept. 21, 2018 - Got electronic receipt for N400/Biometrics were scheduled online.

Sept. 22, 2018 - Got Biometrics PDF schedule online/Paper receipt for N400 arrived in the mail. 

Oct. 12, 2018   - Biometrics appointment

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Service Center: VSC
First 5 Digits EAC 18033
NOA1 Date: Oct. 20, 2017
Filed N-400: Yes

Case Transferred: Yes, transferred to local office.

Approved?: Yes

If yes, did you have a RFE? Not yet.  On what date?:

If yes, did you have an interview? On what date?: February 26, 2019

My oath ceremony date was confirmed the day after my interview, it popped up online in 'documents' and  arrived in the mail 3 days later. My interview was on 12 March and the oath is scheduled for 19 April - 5 weeks from interview. 

It does seem to differ from office to office. For instance, my wait time hasn't been too long, but the next oath ceremony here is in August. Waiting till then would have been very disappointing. 

Best of luck, I hope you get your ceremony date soon, the clock watching can be very frustrating. The 17-month wait for my green card was not doing much for my health, but in the past week I've had both  my green card and citizenship interviews and passed, got the oath ceremony in the diary and my green card arrived. Super fast progress, quite the contrast to months of tumbleweed. :)

12 hours ago, Mikey888 said:

How soon did you get your naturalization letter after the N400 Interview?

I got approved for N400 last February 26 and I still haven't received the letter for Naturalization.

I wonder what is going on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

22 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

My oath ceremony date was confirmed the day after my interview, it popped up online in 'documents' and  arrived in the mail 3 days later. My interview was on 12 March and the oath is scheduled for 19 April - 5 weeks from interview. 

It does seem to differ from office to office. For instance, my wait time hasn't been too long, but the next oath ceremony here is in August. Waiting till then would have been very disappointing. 

Best of luck, I hope you get your ceremony date soon, the clock watching can be very frustrating. The 17-month wait for my green card was not doing much for my health, but in the past week I've had both  my green card and citizenship interviews and passed, got the oath ceremony in the diary and my green card arrived. Super fast progress, quite the contrast to months of tumbleweed. :)

How do you check the next Oath Ceremony for your local office? For you were able to find out that August is the next one.

Thank you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - TIMELINE - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I-751

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

N400

Sept. 21, 2018 - Got electronic receipt for N400/Biometrics were scheduled online.

Sept. 22, 2018 - Got Biometrics PDF schedule online/Paper receipt for N400 arrived in the mail. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

First 5 Digits EAC 18033

I just Googled something like 'oath ceremony' and my city and state. Here's what I got: 

http://ksd.uscourts.gov/index.php/upcoming-naturalization-schedule/

Not all states publish the ceremony dates though.

6 minutes ago, Mikey888 said:

How do you check the next Oath Ceremony for your local office? For you were able to find out that August is the next one.

Thank you.

Outcome

5 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

I just Googled something like 'oath ceremony' and my city and state. Here's what I got: 

http://ksd.uscourts.gov/index.php/upcoming-naturalization-schedule/

Not all states publish the ceremony dates though.

Thank you. 

I didn't find anything about Richmond, VA when I googled. 😞 Hopefully, they will send the letter soon. 

Congratulations btw. Please share your Oathtaking Ceremony. Would love to hear from you.

I-751

N400

First 5 Digits EAC 18033

I will. Quite happy to share my experiences. LOL!

You could always try sending an inquiry to find out what's happening with your oath ceremony, but it does seem to be the luck of the draw as to how quickly you get it. I'd be going round the bend if I'd been waiting since late Feb.

Good luck. :) 

Outcome

On 3/16/2019 at 3:17 PM, GoodbyeGirl said:

Awesome

You get to clutch the new card for a few weeks.  What do you think of the new card? 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.