Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, FLboy123 said:

Hello, is it normal that the i131 never changed status? I received my card almost a month ago.

also want to ask if any Miami filer over there waiting for the interview to be scheduled or if already scheduled :)

Online sites are not always updated. 

9 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Anyone still waiting for an interview letter? If yes, which FO?

waiting, Miami AOS RD 10/16/17 F2A with PD 8/11/16. I’ve had my case in Ready for interview for around 3 weeks. Looking at different forums it seems there’s a 5-8 mth delay between this and the interview notice in my FO as, unfortunately for my case but fortunately for the community :), we have many immigrants in the area.

What I’m still not sure is wether they schedule based on the i485 RD or the date my case moved to ready for interview

Edited by FLboy123

Timeline
31 minutes ago, FLboy123 said:

waiting, Miami AOS RD 10/16/17 F2A with PD 8/11/16. I’ve had my case in Ready for interview for around 3 weeks. Looking at different forums it seems there’s a 5-8 mth delay between this and the interview notice in my FO as, unfortunately for my case but fortunately for the community :), we have many immigrants in the area.

What I’m still not sure is wether they schedule based on the i485 RD or the date my case moved to ready for interview

They are based on RD date as far as I know.

I am 10/4/17. Houston FO is processing 4/25/17 right now. 

Edited by Visitor User

Hi there finally I received my interview appt after a very long wait

October 31,2017- application filled

january 2018 - received authorization to travel and work authorization 

October 26,2018 - received mail notice for interview 

december 4, 2018 - interview schedule 

my status online didnt update me I don’t receive any update with my case and it took so long before i got response I almost filled application for a new employment extension finally it arrive

will keep you posted 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Hi there finally I received my interview appt after a very long wait

October 31,2017- application filled

january 2018 - received authorization to travel and work authorization 

October 26,2018 - received mail notice for interview 

december 4, 2018 - interview schedule 

my status online didnt update me I don’t receive any update with my case and it took so long before i got response I almost filled application for a new employment extension finally it arrive

will keep you posted 

Which FO?

On 25 de outubro de 2018 at 12:12 PM, FLboy123 said:

This this week I had an infopass in my local office just to check my case. The officer said that they schedule the interview based on the time our cases are ready for interview. Since my case has been ready for interview just since last April, he said I won't  have an interview until April/May of the next year. Sad! :cry:

My AOS timeline

10/12/17:Package sent

10/19/17: Package received

10/25/17: SMS/ email 

10/30/17: NOA received. Priority date: 10/19/17

11/10/17: Biometric appointment notice

11/20/17: Biometric appointment

11/20/17: Biometric done

03/13/2018: Received RFE

03/23/2018: Response received 

03/30/18: EAD card is being produced 

03/03/18: EAD approved 

04/05/2018: Card in hands+ approval letter+ courtesy letter for I-693

04/09/2018: Received SSN card

04/18/2018: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview ( updated just in the end of August/18)

01/18/19: Interview scheduled 

02/26/19: Interview day ( approved )

02/26/19: Card is being produced 

03/01/19: Card was mailed to me

03/02/19: Received approval  letter for forms I-485+ I-130

03/05/19: Card in hands

Timeline
11 minutes ago, happywu said:

This this week I had an infopass in my local office just to check my case. The officer said that they schedule the interview based on the time our cases are ready for interview. Since my case has been ready for interview just since last April, he said I won't  have an interview until April/May of the next year. Sad! :cry:

I thought it was based on PD/RD date?

My RD is 10/4/17 but ready for scheduled status has 7/31/18. 

9 hours ago, happywu said:

It’s interesting, my senator office inquired 2 month ago for the EAD and AOS and last week they had the formality of coming back after approval and I asked . Apparently it is a blend, of course it is not fully On RD as if the case is not ready they won’t schedule, but once ready its placed on a Queue that it is prioritized by RD. Now given delays everybody it is kind of on the same place. 

Also so something else to back it up is that the date for inquiring is based on RD not Case ready date

On 29 de outubro de 2018 at 8:36 AM, FLboy123 said:

It’s interesting, my senator office inquired 2 month ago for the EAD and AOS and last week they had the formality of coming back after approval and I asked . Apparently it is a blend, of course it is not fully On RD as if the case is not ready they won’t schedule, but once ready its placed on a Queue that it is prioritized by RD. Now given delays everybody it is kind of on the same place. 

Also so something else to back it up is that the date for inquiring is based on RD not Case ready date

Well, it was what the officer here told me. I hope he is wrong because I think that is not fair be the ready for schedule interview date the one they should look it. 

14 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Houston FO sending interview letters for 5/1/17 PD/RD.

It was just what the officer told me. I hope he is wrong.

My AOS timeline

10/12/17:Package sent

10/19/17: Package received

10/25/17: SMS/ email 

10/30/17: NOA received. Priority date: 10/19/17

11/10/17: Biometric appointment notice

11/20/17: Biometric appointment

11/20/17: Biometric done

03/13/2018: Received RFE

03/23/2018: Response received 

03/30/18: EAD card is being produced 

03/03/18: EAD approved 

04/05/2018: Card in hands+ approval letter+ courtesy letter for I-693

04/09/2018: Received SSN card

04/18/2018: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview ( updated just in the end of August/18)

01/18/19: Interview scheduled 

02/26/19: Interview day ( approved )

02/26/19: Card is being produced 

03/01/19: Card was mailed to me

03/02/19: Received approval  letter for forms I-485+ I-130

03/05/19: Card in hands

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.