dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2017

615 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ZAC said:

Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me how you submit the documents in NVC? I am confused in submitting it online vs sending via email. Please respond. A quick response would be very much appreciated.

checkout this website

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

different country has a different method. choose your form this site. Good luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was approved and today got email saying my case was sent to department of state on Oct 26th. haven't got the mail letter yet. Should I also wait one week before calling NVC?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi all,

i have a question that i found answers to on this forum however the answers was from 2012 and 2014 so i dont know if its still applicable to my case now...my question is.....I paid the AOS fee on tuesday and it shows paid as of today when i checked, so i read that i can send out the AOS and IV packet to NVC even while waiting for the IV bill to be unlocked and form 260 to be completed? Is this still applicable ? Please if you done this recently help clear this out for me or do i wait for the step by step process as the NVC welcome letter stated? Thank much

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
3 minutes ago, jaani said:

Hi all,

i have a question that i found answers to on this forum however the answers was from 2012 and 2014 so i dont know if its still applicable to my case now...my question is.....I paid the AOS fee on tuesday and it shows paid as of today when i checked, so i read that i can send out the AOS and IV packet to NVC even while waiting for the IV bill to be unlocked and form 260 to be completed? Is this still applicable ? Please if you done this recently help clear this out for me or do i wait for the step by step process as the NVC welcome letter stated? Thank much

you can send the documents before the IV fee and the DS260, however, your scan date will be the date you finish submitting the DS260 form, so they start counting 11 weeks after that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, A & F said:

you can send the documents before the IV fee and the DS260, however, your scan date will be the date you finish submitting the DS260 form, so they start counting 11 weeks after that.

ok, thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I'm having a weird issue filling out AOS. Part 5 about the household size, it is auto-populating to 1 when it should be 2 (myself and wife who is being sponsored).

Am I doing something wrong here?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, levitude23 said:

Hi All,

I'm having a weird issue filling out AOS. Part 5 about the household size, it is auto-populating to 1 when it should be 2 (myself and wife who is being sponsored).

Am I doing something wrong here?

that auto populated 1 is normal its counts for the sponsor person.

Timeline
Just now, Mano said:

that auto populated 1 is normal its counts for the sponsor person.

Thanks Mano for the response 

But shouldn't the household size be 2. Me n my wife

Timeline
1 minute ago, levitude23 said:

Thanks Mano for the response 

But shouldn't the household size be 2. Me n my wife

if u the main sponsor and the main petitioner then its 1 (which is auto populated) when u check the Married option then its count for ur wife so the total household size is 2.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mano said:

if u the main sponsor and the main petitioner then its 1 (which is auto populated) when u check the Married option then its count for ur wife so the total household size is 2.

Mano, even if I checked the married option which I tried. The household size is not changing at all. Still showing 1

And I don't feel right once I print it out and then manually change it to 2

Timeline
11 minutes ago, levitude23 said:

Mano, even if I checked the married option which I tried. The household size is not changing at all. Still showing 1

And I don't feel right once I print it out and then manually change it to 2

dont panic sometimes it happens refresh that page. Just check that option and click on the side of page it auto calculated and change into 2. m sending u mine that i hv send at nvc.

pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.jpg

Edited by Mano

6 minutes ago, Mano said:

dont panic sometimes it happens refresh that page. Just check the option and click on the side of page it auto calculated and change into 2. Just check the option Part 5, 3. lolz i just tried 

part 5 of household size.jpg

This is wrong. @levitude23 you have to check 1 in item #1 and item #2. You CANNOT check 1 in item #3 because it says if your spouse is NOT sponsored in this affidavit and he/she is. Then you manually enter the total of 2 on line #8.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.