adar24

September 2017 - I-130 (Parents) Tracker

360 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 8/21/2018 at 5:14 AM, Hopeful_nc said:

Hi  everybody - just an update on my parents application. They had their medical two weeks ago and their interview at the London embassy today. They ended up needing some extra information for the medical, which didn’t get to the embassy in time for today, But they are approved for the visa awaiting the medical packet!

They said the people in the embassy were really nice and because we had filed everything electronically they didn’t need any of the additional paperwork they had pulled together. All they wanted to see was the original of their birth certicates and marriage certificate. They were in and out within 45 mins. The embassy people said they should get their passports back within 3 to 4 days of the medical information turning up!

i can’t believe we are near the end of this process....now the hard stuff starts - packing up, selling houses etc...

Thanks for the update. Was the additional info needed was from the Dr who did the medical examination or from your parents?

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, adar24 said:

Thanks for the update. Was the additional info needed was from the Dr who did the medical examination or from your parents?

They had to get a letter from a previous consultant about some previous treatment  they had had. Also my a dad had high blood pressure at the medical so they wanted it monitored for a week. They just sent the information in when they got it. 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
21 hours ago, Hopeful_nc said:

They had to get a letter from a previous consultant about some previous treatment  they had had. Also my a dad had high blood pressure at the medical so they wanted it monitored for a week. They just sent the information in when they got it. 

Ah I see. Got it. Thanks for the update. Good luck on next steps. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So yesterday I had my appointment at the Embassy, and when we got there I asked if my husband could come in too (his appointment was scheduled for next Wednesday by the NVC) and they said yes we moved him up to today!  As Hopeful_nc said it was quick and easy.  This is because UK has moved to CEAC processing, and we were told we are some of the first people through the new system. 

The first person you see is the reviewer of documents, and  only needed originals of birth certificate, marriage certificate, and the police certificates.  The second person is the interviewer, and he reviewed all the financial support paperwork on line and the medical pack from the doctors.  We also had our fingerprints taken.  Approved and out in about an hour.

We have booked to leave on 18 Sep - three weeks now of hectic activity to clear up our lives here before starting a new one in the USA. 

Good luck to you all - hope your cases are as smooth.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Smidgkin said:

So yesterday I had my appointment at the Embassy, and when we got there I asked if my husband could come in too (his appointment was scheduled for next Wednesday by the NVC) and they said yes we moved him up to today!  As Hopeful_nc said it was quick and easy.  This is because UK has moved to CEAC processing, and we were told we are some of the first people through the new system. 

The first person you see is the reviewer of documents, and  only needed originals of birth certificate, marriage certificate, and the police certificates.  The second person is the interviewer, and he reviewed all the financial support paperwork on line and the medical pack from the doctors.  We also had our fingerprints taken.  Approved and out in about an hour.

We have booked to leave on 18 Sep - three weeks now of hectic activity to clear up our lives here before starting a new one in the USA. 

Congrats to you both and all the best on your new life in the US!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Smidgkin said:

Congrats smidgkin!  That is great news. My folks are still waiting for final confirmation from the medical. 

Goodluck with all the packing up and moving. My parents put their house on the market yesterday!

enjoy your new life here. 

5 hours ago, Smidgkin said:

Congratulations wish you both Good luck.

We are still waiting for my fathers documents to clear,my mother was cleared last week.

Just want to ask,after the interview and been approved do they give you a time line that you need to leave with in this month or so?

Thank you in advance.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
On 8/21/2018 at 7:14 AM, Hopeful_nc said:

Hi  everybody - just an update on my parents application. They had their medical two weeks ago and their interview at the London embassy today. They ended up needing some extra information for the medical, which didn’t get to the embassy in time for today, But they are approved for the visa awaiting the medical packet!

They said the people in the embassy were really nice and because we had filed everything electronically they didn’t need any of the additional paperwork they had pulled together. All they wanted to see was the original of their birth certicates and marriage certificate. They were in and out within 45 mins. The embassy people said they should get their passports back within 3 to 4 days of the medical information turning up!

i can’t believe we are near the end of this process....now the hard stuff starts - packing up, selling houses etc...

Hi My parents have their interview in another month, could you tell me what kind of questions were your parents asked ? 

Thank-you.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, indianDallas said:

Hi My parents have their interview in another month, could you tell me what kind of questions were your parents asked ? 

Thank-you.

Hi indianDallas

They really weren’t asked much. Mostly about when werer they thinking of coming out to the US. They were very surprised. I am not sure if that changes depending on which embassy they are going to be interviewed in. 

Timeline
On 8/25/2018 at 11:35 PM, Mobybxa said:

Congratulations wish you both Good luck.

We are still waiting for my fathers documents to clear,my mother was cleared last week.

Just want to ask,after the interview and been approved do they give you a time line that you need to leave with in this month or so?

Thank you in advance.

Hi

You have to leave within 6 months or the visa lapses.

You can apply to extend, but has to be for a 'special' reason.

You then can travel as long as you are not absent from the USA for 365 days at a stretch, or permanent residency is revoked.

As to questions - we weren't asked anything really except to take an oath that all our documents were true to the best of our knowledge.  There was some small talk about being grandparents for the first time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Pardeep singh said:

Hiii adar, i have a question for u,for mumbai consulate u know where we have our medical and fingerprints???

@Ajt3 @Saaniya @Kashika can help out

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Abies said:

@Ajt3 @Saaniya @Kashika can help out

9 hours ago, Pardeep singh said:

Hiii, my parents case completed on aug19, yesterday i got email for interview, scheduled on oct 11.

Hello Pardeep:

Please, can you post here when your documents were received by NVC? I am trying to see how much time it takes right now for case complete after submitting all documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.