Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, KerryAndBinns said:

i read that

i had read that if you have not filed taxes then you should write why. so that is why i decided bringing a doctors letter that states my injury and the letter from my counselor that's working with me on finding a job was the best way to go. so using a job letter and giving to much info on that is not a good idea, got it! but showing savings is what they want to see, so is having my mom write a letter that shes giving me an early wedding gift of 6thousand help, along with a copy of the cashiers check? or it really wont matter

Document that you do not file taxes on your SSI income.  A letter from the counselor on your employment prognosis and a doctors letter would suffice.

The cashier check with your money in your mom's name as a 'wedding gift' to you equates to money laundering.  This is fraud.  Besides the fact, it is not enough to show support for your F.  I'm not sure of the amount they are looking for, but we are talking in the hundreds of thousands of $ is the threshold.  The I-134's will show what the CO is looking for so keep it as clean as possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Document that you do not file taxes on your SSI income.  A letter from the counselor on your employment prognosis and a doctors letter would suffice.

The cashier check with your money in your mom's name as a 'wedding gift' to you equates to money laundering.  This is fraud.  Besides the fact, it is not enough to show support for your F.  I'm not sure of the amount they are looking for, but we are talking in the hundreds of thousands of $ is the threshold.  The I-134's will show what the CO is looking for so keep it as clean as possible.

if my mom gets a cashiers check and writes from her to me they will not have any knowledge that its my money. I just want them to know i can support him. i want to show them there's money to pay any fees or anything that is needed! but maybe its giving to much information and might raise a red flag

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Congratulations, @Keith & Monica :dance:

Hope you get those police certificates soon so you can have the visa in hand and be done ASAP.

:D

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all!

Just a quick update on our case. The NVC finally received our case on Wednesday morning! All my subsequent calls following that one yielded no results until... my call on Thursday night. It was the first time they asked all the name and birthday security questions. But when I told them his birthday they said that wasn't what they had on file and she couldn't give me any more information on the case. Anyway, the lady told me what to email them to have his birthday corrected. But she did say it looked like someone was working on our case as we spoke! I took that to mean we were getting our number. But there hasn't been any progress on getting his birthday fixed - even though it's correct on all our other paperwork, including what they had on the NOA1 - so we haven't been able to check on our case number and everything's at a standstill. Which is agony. 

Anyway! It's so wonderful to keep up with everyone's exciting developments on here! I'm so happy for everybody!

Met on 15th of October, 2014 - started dating soon after

Became separated by the Atlantic Ocean on the 11th of July, 2015

Lots of Skype, visits, and love later...

-K1 Visa-

25th April 2017: i-129f Sent

28th April 2017: i-129f Received

2nd May 2017: NOA1 date

23rd September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

25th September 2017: NOA2 Notification date

29th September 2017: NOA2 hardcopy

11th of October 2017: NVC received

20th of October 2017: Embassy Received 'READY'

1st of November 2017: Medical

9th of November 2017: Interview

17th of November 2017: Visa Issued

22nd of November 2017: Visa on hand

xxx: POE

I am filling out my i-134 and have some questions about the supporting evidence

I make about the salary threshold, but in terms of evidence here is what I have:

Check stubbs, for full year 2017.

Tax return for 2016, 2015 (when I started here)

^These will show that I make above the requirement and have since I started in 2015.

I don't have a letter from my employer, as I'm having difficulties getting it from my job.

I can include my bank statement, but not sure if it's needed?

Timeline
1 hour ago, etteniMTtocs said:

Hi all.

Had my interview today at USEM, hot my VISA Approved today.

Thank God.

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your Fiancé.:jest: and congratulations to @Keith & Monica as well!

Timeline
Just now, John & April said:

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your Fiancé.:jest: and congratulations to @Keith & Monica as well!

Thank you guys.

@Keith & Monica, congrats too.

One day more..One day less..One day closer

04/17/2017 - I-129 packet sent

04/19/2017 - I-129 packet delivered

04/20/2017 - NOA1 - Received text/email

04/24/2017 - NOA1 - Notice Date

04/25/2017 - Cheque Encashment

04/28/2017 - NOA1 - Received hardcopy

09/19/2017 - NOA2 - Approved (notice from USCIS website)

09/18/2017 - NOA2 - Approved date from hardcopy

09/21/2017 - NOA2 - Received hardcopy

10/03/2017 - MCN Available

10/10-11/2017 - SLEC medical done (MCN CEAC status "AT NVC")

10/11/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to "IN TRANSIT"

10/12/2017 - MCN CEAC status changed to READY

10/16/2017 VISA APPROVED!!!

10/18/2017 VISA ISSUED!!!

10/21/2017 VISA ON HAND

10/30/2017 CFO seminar

11/10/2017 Fly to USA

Timeline
2 minutes ago, etteniMTtocs said:

Thank you guys.

@Keith & Monica, congrats too.

Glad you got your NVC letter/email after the "Ready" status on Ceac that you presented to the USEM.:)

Edited by John & April

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, AnJ Co said:

i clearly have way to much anxiety, i over think everything. i guess its good ive been saving, i technically don't need to show the embassy proof of the savings, they ask how much personal property on i134 so ill just put my saved money in that section. hence the reason i have a cosponsor. lol I'm so nervous about getting denied that I'm trying to do everything PERFECT!  when I'm probably over doing it!! anxiety it gets the best of all of us here! we all just want to be with our loved ones and don't want something so simple to ruin it. as far as filing my taxes of self employment i will be doing that at the end of the year. I'm not worried about that. same as the SSI because once i file then it becomes reportable income and ill just owe the SSA or my benefits will stop. re reading our posts i started to worry because the last thing i want anyone to think is I'm trying to do wrong here. i guess that's why i came here for some insight of help! your answers definitely kept me on my toes and opened my eyes. i guess i knew my own answers i just need some reassurance lol

Timeline
5 minutes ago, John & April said:

Glad you got your NVC letter/email after the "Ready" status on Ceac that you presented to the USEM.:)

You mean the hardcopy of the NVC letter? No, hardcopy of the NVC letter yet and it was not asked.

10/21/2017 VISA ON HAND

10/30/2017 CFO seminar

11/10/2017 Fly to USA

Timeline
Just now, etteniMTtocs said:

You mean the hardcopy of the NVC letter? No, hardcopy of the NVC letter yet and it was not asked.

Good! I thought that the NVC letter(hardcopy or email screenshot) is one of the requirements.:D

Timeline
14 minutes ago, John & April said:

Good! I thought that the NVC letter(hardcopy or email screenshot) is one of the requirements.:D

Not really. They asked for my Fiance's divorced documents, affidavit of support and they looked at our photos.

10/21/2017 VISA ON HAND

10/30/2017 CFO seminar

11/10/2017 Fly to USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone!  Question to all the UK to US couples.  Is anyone using a slow freight shipping company or other moving service to move some of your goods to your new home?  We’ve only got a few items that we want sent (a chesterfield sofa!) and would love to get a reference from someone here.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Keith & Monica said:

They are from Hong Kong and Singapore and you have to have something from the Embassy to get them from what I understand.

Hey @Keith & Monica. Congratulations on the interview glad it all went well for you both, apologies for the 221G, hopefully it'll be something that can be fast to get. 

I also have to request a Hong Kong Police Certificate as I lived there for 3 years. They only deal direct with the embassy on this, did you guys send of for it when you got your Packet 3 letter and awaited around 4 weeks? Just wanting to see if they aren't for filling the 4 week period due to delays or for other reasons as i'm soon approaching sending this off. It could also be because of mid-autumn festival recently that could have delayed it due to a week's worth of holiday?

Thanks,

Sunjay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.