Ricky_Randhawa

I129F April 2017 filers -Part 2

2,597 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Salty2305 said:

Honestly if you're worried, I would just store your bag at Gould's pharmacy and take your paperwork with you :)

I had an overnight bag for me and my son so I stored that there and then just took my handbag with my phone, paperwork, wallet and glasses in it to the embassy. Just make sure you turn off your phone before you go in. Like I said Gould's Pharmacy is only £3 to store until 6pm so that's an option for anything else.

46 minutes ago, Tatiana&D.S. said:

i can say about U.S. consulate in Russia, website says :

ON THE DAY OF YOUR INTERVIEW: You will NOT be permitted to enter the U.S. Embassy/Consulate with (a) USB flash drives, cables, wires, headphones, tablets (such as iPads), e-readers, or any electronic device (with the exception of a mobile phone smaller than 3 cm X 13 cm X 6 cm); (b) anything that can be used as a weapon; (c) flammable items (including perfume and other sprays); or (d) any large bag or luggage. Prohibited items will not be stored by Embassy/Consulate personnel. See the section on Security Regulations for additional guidance

Thank you both. This is really helpful :)  I will store a bag with everything and just take my phone (turned off) and documents with me in my handbag

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

1 hour ago, AnJ Co said:

Our interview was at 840am on purpose, I planned a nice breakfast, a leisurely stroll, and a calm mood prior to the interview.  I enjoyed the walk to the embassy with Ann.  There is a cross over walkway to get you from one side of Roxas Ave to the embassy side and I was looking at the faces of those who were coming back across that bridge.  I saw total of 3 well dressed obvious interviewees as we met with HUGE smiles on their faces :D  I pointed each out to Ann, "See, she just got approved, look at her smile she can't get off of her face!"  It's really a cool thing to see.

As Monica crosses back over that bridge, her smile will be that BIG as well.  I'll be looking for your announcement in a few hours.  I bet you are on pins and needles right now over these next 3 hours, but relax as much as possible.   In our interview, Ann answered things wrong, missed cues for clarification, and all in all, the CO saw we was a legitimate couple and marked us for approval.  They don't want a perfect well rehearsed interview, they are looking for a bona fide couple, and I'm sure you both have that in the bag :D  

I really wanted to be there with her for moral support.  You are correct, they are looking for bona fide relationships.  I am sure having you there with her was a benefit.  Congratulations on the approval.  I will be very happy to post later that we were approved.  Looking forward to hearing from her.

12 November 2016 (Sat): First meeting - Hong Kong/Macau

11 February 2017 (Sat): Second meeting - Philippines

14 February 2017 (Tue): Engaged

K-1 Process:

Spoiler

24 March 2017 (Fri): i-129f sent

28 March 2017 (Tue): i-129f received - NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 NOTICE DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 email/text confirmation

7 April 2017 (Fri): NOA1 Hard-copy

15 August 2017 (Tue): RFE notification

19 August 2017 (Sat): RFE Hard-copy received and returned.

6 September 2017 (Thur): NOA2 Email/Text 

11 September 2017 (Mon): NOA2 Hard Copy received.

20 September 2017 (Wed): NVC Received, Case Number Assigned

25 September 2017 (Mon): NVC Shows In Transit to Embassy

26 September 2017 (Tue): NVC Shows Ready 

3 October 2017 (Mon): Medical at SLEC

16 October 2017 (Mon): Interview Schedule

15 December 2017 (Fri): POE - Seattle

27 December 2017 (Wed): Married my love

AOS Process:
Spoiler
23 January 2018 (Tue): AOS and EAD Packets sent
26 January 2018 (Fri): Package Delivered to PO Box
2 February 2018 (Fri): I-485 NOA1
14 February 2018 (Wed): EAD Rejected
15 February 2018 (Thur): EAD Remailed 
16 February 2018 (Fri): Bio-Metrics Done
15 March 2018 (Thur): EAD Rejected Again
16 March 2018 (Fri): EAD Mailed Again
30 March 2018 (Fri):  INFOPass Appointment re: EAD
5 April 2018 (Thur):  Text and Email that EAD Accepted
10 April 2018 (Wed): NOA1 EAD Received
12 May 2018 (Sat): Interview Letter Received
15 May 2018 (Tue): Email & Text - Card in Production - EAD
25 May 2018 (Fri): EAD Card Received 
13 June 2018 (Wed): Interview Scheduled - Approved!!
19 June 2018 (Tue): AOS Approval Letter received
21 June 2018 (Thur):  Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!

Next Step - Removing Conditions in 2020!!
KeithMonica.jpg.db958e6dfc9412e7667bec786358d620.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, S*UK said:

Thank you both. This is really helpful :)  I will store a bag with everything and just take my phone (turned off) and documents with me in my handbag

@Salty2305 Is right. You can take your phone with you. Larger devices like laptops are prohibited. Also, you are not required to turn off your phone in the embassy as a whole. You are only required to turn it off when you step up to the booth to speak to the  CO (you do that twice). There is a sign inside the embassy saying so. My phone helped me pass the time. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

UID #      Hmmmmmm   Is that the Barcode number on the confirmation page???   Ours is AlphaNumeric and is like A A number number letter letter kinda thing on the confirmation page.....

Yes, your POE has 2 Goodbye's - you have to do it once in the PH then again in SIngapore ;) 

Yeah UID number. I scheduled usng the website for travelstate. Then they sent an email with a bardcode a number below with UId labeled in it. Thats what I used. How did you scheduled your interview 

Timeline

No one likes unpleasant subjects and this one hopefully will not be needed by any of us.  It's best to be prepared for any circumstance.....  I'm really thankful no-one has needed something like this in the April filers, but there was one March filer that caught a denial -  I'm not sure what happened other than a difficult embassy and his subsequent decision to take his case to a lawyer.  I've heard some people in various threads talk about appealing a denial at the embassy.  No one really had a concrete plan and was guessing.  I decided to look into what was available.  In my reading as I was trying to prepare for worst case scenario, I formed a game plan for this type of an occurrence.  From what I have read; Unfortunately, it is not an option to appeal at the embassy level. The denial process is like this..... If the embassy CO decides to deny, normally they tell you with a vague answer why.  The specific reason needs to be known so the issue can be resolved.  Ask for clarification.  In the coming days, the embassy will send you a letter stating your case has been denied and returned to USCIS.  Once your case is returned from the embassy to USCIS, then you may appeal. USCIS will then (eventually) notify you with a Notice to Revoke, or a Notice of Denial and written instructions for filing an appeal.  You have 30 days to file a form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion. There is a non-refundable $630 fee. Whether or not your denial is overturned, this fee will not be returned. Appeals take around a year, and if successful, are returned to the same embassy for another interview.  Some people take the cheaper (and somewhat faster) route and just start off on another I-129F petition.  A denial suggests that something is wrong with your application and you will need to learn what is wrong with it and fix whatever is the problem.  The details of the denial in the 2nd petition will be available to the CO during the 2nd interview.

So, if an embassy denial occurs, the best thing is to try to salvage it before the embassy sends the case back to USCIS.  Since K1 Fiance Visas that are denied by the US Embassy or Consulate have no formal recourse (a right to appeal), You may however try to contact the Embassy and ask for a review by the Embassy’s Consulate General or a Supervisory Officer.  Do this before leaving the Embassy.  This has to be done quickly because once the case is sent back to USCIS for revocation, the Embassy no longer has jurisdiction over the case and therefore cannot change its decision.   If you cannot get the Embassy's Consulate General or a Supervisory Officer to review your case, get on the phone immediately to your U.S. Congressman or U.S. Senator and get them to place a call to the embassy on your behalf.  If you are able to obtain a review by the Consulate General or a Supervisory Officer and its still denied, there is nothing more than you can do. Your only recourse is to let it go to USCIS and wait for a letter from them so you may appeal.  The 2nd option is to apply with another I-129F again, or 3rd option is to get married and apply for a Marriage Visa instead. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, krizia said:

Yeah UID number. I scheduled usng the website for travelstate. Then they sent an email with a bardcode a number below with UId labeled in it. Thats what I used. How did you scheduled your interview 

Finally, it is on the 2GO website but it doesn't say when it will be delivered.  Looks like it was first scanned in today since the UID number didn't work until just now.  Probably still in Manila :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

iam up filling in my i134 I'm nervously doing this because I haven't worked at all since 2014 I had an accident leaving me with a spinal cord injury, Ive been in a wheelchair since. my son lives with me I have custody but his father claims him on his taxes. so does that make him my dependent I feel like I  should not check off that hes my dependent? thankfully I found a cosponsor! but I'm still nervous about using one because it doesn't look good I just keep telling myself iam a woman so technically I'm not suppose to provide on my own. and given my situation I definitely should qualify to use one. its good reason. I'm attaching a doctors letter that states my injury and when my accident happened and also that I haven't worked full time since because of the accident. I also receive SSI which makes me even more nervous because its need based, I'm working with a program that helps disables find work and my counselor is writing me a letter that states when I stated working with the program and that my plan is to come off ssi and I'm working toward my career goal. I figured that will surely look good! I have money saved though but with SSI your not allowed to have more than 2thousand in the bank account. I wanted to show proof with money orders but if I'm working under the table and not reporting my income the embassy might look at me like I'm scamming, although I can get an employment letter and write a letter that explains in order to come off ssi I need to save first and ill 1099 at the end of the year but still my mom says not reporting income to SSA is fraud and the embassy might know that and I can get myself into trouble!  my mom mentioned that If i cash in my money orders (which is the documented proof of saving the last 8months) and she put it into a cashiers check from her to me and write a letter saying shes giving me the money as an early wedding gift. to use 6thousand (what I have saved) as whatever is needed for the wedding or to help support my fiancé. should I just do that instead and then make a copy of the check and bring the letter from my mom? will it even matter? or does it look bad that my annual is 8,828 and I only have 2thousand in the U.S bank? will this cashiers check from my mom and her letter showing I have money saved actually work? do I say my son is my dependent? I'm stressing!!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, KerryAndBinns said:

iam up filling in my i134 I'm nervously doing this because I haven't worked at all since 2014 I had an accident leaving me with a spinal cord injury, Ive been in a wheelchair since. my son lives with me I have custody but his father claims him on his taxes. so does that make him my dependent I feel like I  should not check off that hes my dependent? thankfully I found a cosponsor! but I'm still nervous about using one because it doesn't look good I just keep telling myself iam a woman so technically I'm not suppose to provide on my own. and given my situation I definitely should qualify to use one. its good reason. I'm attaching a doctors letter that states my injury and when my accident happened and also that I haven't worked full time since because of the accident. I also receive SSI which makes me even more nervous because its need based, I'm working with a program that helps disables find work and my counselor is writing me a letter that states when I stated working with the program and that my plan is to come off ssi and I'm working toward my career goal. I figured that will surely look good! I have money saved though but with SSI your not allowed to have more than 2thousand in the bank account. I wanted to show proof with money orders but if I'm working under the table and not reporting my income the embassy might look at me like I'm scamming, although I can get an employment letter and write a letter that explains in order to come off ssi I need to save first and ill 1099 at the end of the year but still my mom says not reporting income to SSA is fraud and the embassy might know that and I can get myself into trouble!  my mom mentioned that If i cash in my money orders (which is the documented proof of saving the last 8months) and she put it into a cashiers check from her to me and write a letter saying shes giving me the money as an early wedding gift. to use 6thousand (what I have saved) as whatever is needed for the wedding or to help support my fiancé. should I just do that instead and then make a copy of the check and bring the letter from my mom? will it even matter? or does it look bad that my annual is 8,828 and I only have 2thousand in the U.S bank? will this cashiers check from my mom and her letter showing I have money saved actually work? do I say my son is my dependent? I'm stressing!!!

You should read the VJ terms of service      No one here is allowed to condone fraud.  With that said, be honest with the government but don't give them too much information.  Only answer the questions that are asked.

If your son is on your 1040, claim him on the I-134.  If he isn't, then don't muddy the water.

Use a co-sponsor - no matter how you frame your situation, you do not qualify without a co-sponsor.

You do not have enough savings to qualify without a co-sponsor.  So list your income, not your savings, get an I-134 from your sponsor with their earnings and follow the embassy's list of documents to submit with the interview.

Good luck to you, may your goals be attained

Timeline
10 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

You should read the VJ terms of service      No one here is allowed to condone fraud.  With that said, be honest with the government but don't give them too much information.  Only answer the questions that are asked.

If your son is on your 1040, claim him on the I-134.  If he isn't, then don't muddy the water.

Use a co-sponsor - no matter how you frame your situation, you do not qualify without a co-sponsor.

You do not have enough savings to qualify without a co-sponsor.  So list your income, not your savings, get an I-134 from your sponsor with their earnings and follow the embassy's list of documents to submit with the interview.

Good luck to you, may your goals be attained

well the fraud wouldn't come from the embassy side. when u get SSI your suppose to report your income, ive been working under the table so I can have money to support my fiancé and myself. ive been saving every penny! I just cant put it in the bank because when u receive ssi they wont allow u to have more than 2thousand in a U.S bank or they will stop your benefits. I wrote a letter to the embassy explain why I had to save money orders and how ive managed to save and document my income. but my mom says I shouldn't do that because not reporting my income to the Social security administration is fraud and the embassy might know that. so the letter is on hold. I deffiently want the embassy to know I have money though and I can support my fiancé. I just don't know if I should get my boss to do the employment letter I do secretary work. he said all I have to tell them is that at the end of the year ill do a 1099. i just want to go with the best route on this.

Edited by KerryAndBinns

Timeline
1 minute ago, KerryAndBinns said:

well the fraud wouldn't come from the embassy side. when u get SSI your suppose to report your income, ive been working under the table so I can have money to support my fiancé and myself. ive been saving every penny! I just cant put it in the bank because when u receive ssi they wont allow u to have more than 2thousand in a U.S bank or they will stop your benefits. I wrote a letter to the embassy explain why I had to save money orders and how ive managed to save and document my income. but my mom says I shouldn't do that because not reporting my income to the Social security administration is fraud and the embassy might know that. so the letter is on hold. I deffiently want the embassy to know I have money though and I can support my fiancé. I just don't know if I should get my boss to do the employment letter I do secretary work. he said all I have to tell them is that at the end of the year ill do a 1044. i just want to go with the best route on this

The embassy has a list of required docs they want you to send them, or bring to the interview.  I recommend you don't send anything that is not specifically on that list.   Do the I-134 from you and your co-sponsor using the 1040 filings as a guideline of what to put on it.

A letter that you 'plan to do this or that' is inconsequential to helping your case but most likely will be detrimental to yourself personally.  Early 2003 legislation makes intergovernmental cross reporting possible and in some cases, required.  If you have income that you haven't reported to SS, that is most likely fraud for one.  Second, it's likely an IRS violation as quarterly taxes and SS and Medicare and other taxes most likely aren't being filed either.

Perhaps legal counsel could help your situation.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Keith & Monica said:

I have heard from Monica, she was approved, but we have a 221g for a couple of police clearance.  She is working on getting them now.

Congrats!   I'm surprised you didn't have these already.  Was there a snafu that held them up from coming?

Just now, AnJ Co said:

Congrats!   I'm surprised you didn't have these already.  Was there a snafu that held them up from coming?

They are from Hong Kong and Singapore and you have to have something from the Embassy to get them from what I understand.

12 November 2016 (Sat): First meeting - Hong Kong/Macau

11 February 2017 (Sat): Second meeting - Philippines

14 February 2017 (Tue): Engaged

K-1 Process:

Spoiler

24 March 2017 (Fri): i-129f sent

28 March 2017 (Tue): i-129f received - NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 NOTICE DATE

3 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 email/text confirmation

7 April 2017 (Fri): NOA1 Hard-copy

15 August 2017 (Tue): RFE notification

19 August 2017 (Sat): RFE Hard-copy received and returned.

6 September 2017 (Thur): NOA2 Email/Text 

11 September 2017 (Mon): NOA2 Hard Copy received.

20 September 2017 (Wed): NVC Received, Case Number Assigned

25 September 2017 (Mon): NVC Shows In Transit to Embassy

26 September 2017 (Tue): NVC Shows Ready 

3 October 2017 (Mon): Medical at SLEC

16 October 2017 (Mon): Interview Schedule

15 December 2017 (Fri): POE - Seattle

27 December 2017 (Wed): Married my love

AOS Process:
Spoiler
23 January 2018 (Tue): AOS and EAD Packets sent
26 January 2018 (Fri): Package Delivered to PO Box
2 February 2018 (Fri): I-485 NOA1
14 February 2018 (Wed): EAD Rejected
15 February 2018 (Thur): EAD Remailed 
16 February 2018 (Fri): Bio-Metrics Done
15 March 2018 (Thur): EAD Rejected Again
16 March 2018 (Fri): EAD Mailed Again
30 March 2018 (Fri):  INFOPass Appointment re: EAD
5 April 2018 (Thur):  Text and Email that EAD Accepted
10 April 2018 (Wed): NOA1 EAD Received
12 May 2018 (Sat): Interview Letter Received
15 May 2018 (Tue): Email & Text - Card in Production - EAD
25 May 2018 (Fri): EAD Card Received 
13 June 2018 (Wed): Interview Scheduled - Approved!!
19 June 2018 (Tue): AOS Approval Letter received
21 June 2018 (Thur):  Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!

Next Step - Removing Conditions in 2020!!
KeithMonica.jpg.db958e6dfc9412e7667bec786358d620.jpg

Timeline

i read that

1 minute ago, AnJ Co said:

The embassy has a list of required docs they want you to send them, or bring to the interview.  I recommend you don't send anything that is not specifically on that list.   Do the I-134 from you and your co-sponsor using the 1040 filings as a guideline of what to put on it.

A letter that you 'plan to do this or that' is inconsequential to helping your case but most likely will be detrimental to yourself personally.  Early 2003 legislation makes intergovernmental cross reporting possible and in some cases, required.  If you have income that you haven't reported to SS, that is most likely fraud for one.  Second, it's likely an IRS violation as quarterly taxes and SS and Medicare and other taxes most likely aren't being filed either.

Perhaps legal counsel could help your situation.

i had read that if you have not filed taxes then you should write why. so that is why i decided bringing a doctors letter that states my injury and the letter from my counselor that's working with me on finding a job was the best way to go. so using a job letter and giving to much info on that is not a good idea, got it! but showing savings is what they want to see, so is having my mom write a letter that shes giving me an early wedding gift of 6thousand help, along with a copy of the cashiers check? or it really wont matter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.