pajobra

I-129F March 2017 Filers #2 Cause we are awesome

1,566 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 12/14/2017 at 6:41 AM, jtona said:

Interview Dec 7, Approved.... Passport with Visa IN HAND Dec 13.. Will be here in USA soon!!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Congrats

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For those who have gotten married recently and are submitting your adjustment, do you know if you are to use your "new" married name on all forms (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-864) or can you use your pre-marriage last name and change it at a later time? 

Thank you! :)

Edited by joannan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/12/2017 at 11:14 AM, twoDs said:

Quick update -- we got married yesterday in a tiny church in a tiny town that we visited often while dating.

We spent most of the weekend working on AOS paperwork as well as researching rules around her driver's license (as far as we can tell, in our state at least, she'll go from resident to non-resident between the visa expiry and EAD, even though she'll have legal status with the I-485 filing. Fortunately she has her Canadian license so there's no way she's actually driving without a license.)

Just waiting for the certified copies of the marriage license to show to send off the AOS application. This week the final DL should show in the mail and we'll see what the bank thinks about that, and we should get the title to our new car -- between that and insurance and (hopefully) the bank stuff and the wedding pics, we think we should have enough documentation about the marriage for the I-485.

congratulations !!!🤗🎈🎉🎀👰🤵💒

Timeline
23 minutes ago, joannan said:

For those who have gotten married recently and are submitting your adjustment, do you know if you are to use your "new" married name on all forms (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-864) or can you use your pre-marriage last name and change it at a later time? 

I used my new married name. I thought it would be easier than trying to update it later on gov documents. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, joannan said:

Yes. Use your new name and if there is a field for previous names used, enter your maiden name there.

We got out biometrics appointment letter in the mail today! Scheduled for Dec 29. It's funny, I used to live 1 block from the local office. I am only a mile away now, so can't really complain :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/3/2017 at 4:18 PM, pajobra said:

Hmmm maybe NVC is starting to get backed up. I see from other posts this is happening a lot. They do initially say it could be up to six weeks. There is a thread of people with November approvals waiting for NVC.

Thanks. Still waiting. Last I heard, USCIS has not sent it to NVC yet. But I hear people from october 30 approvals that they just got theirs last Wednesday. 

Hopefully, ours come soon

Feeling very frustrated today. Do we really need to send 2 photos for I-485 2 photos for I765 and 2 photos for I131 thats like another freakin 45 bucks. ARGH I am tired of relying on my husband for money but it is all I can do. He can't go with me to do anything for the AOS process. I have to figure out getting photocopies, going and getting copies of our marriage certificate, my passport pictures all by myself. He either works or he is sick. I feel so alone.

Timeline
1 hour ago, pajobra said:

Feeling very frustrated today. Do we really need to send 2 photos for I-485 2 photos for I765 and 2 photos for I131 thats like another freakin 45 bucks. ARGH I am tired of relying on my husband for money but it is all I can do. He can't go with me to do anything for the AOS process. I have to figure out getting photocopies, going and getting copies of our marriage certificate, my passport pictures all by myself. He either works or he is sick. I feel so alone.

Unfortunately, you do need to send 2 pics with each application.   The good news is that they seem to be going faster with the EAD approvals, so the faster you apply, the faster you will be able to work.  I just got notice I was approved for my EAD/AP on Saturday and according to VJ it was 74 days from my received date.

I actually thought of you today as I was browsing jobs on the city website and they were looking for a librarian. Looks like a fun job but I don't have the qualifications they are looking for.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, pajobra said:

I am sorry. I know it has to be incredibly frustrating. It must be stressful being away from everything familiar and I completely understand the financial part of it being difficult. Hang in there....it will get better.

1 minute ago, eastcoastgroove said:

Unfortunately, you do need to send 2 pics with each application.   The good news is that they seem to be going faster with the EAD approvals, so the faster you apply, the faster you will be able to work.  I just got notice I was approved for my EAD/AP on Saturday and according to VJ it was 74 days from my received date.

I actually thought of you today as I was browsing jobs on the city website and they were looking for a librarian. Looks like a fun job but I don't have the qualifications they are looking for.  

I decided I am not going to apply for AP as I have no plans on heading back home in the next year. So I only need 4 photos now. Glad EAD is getting faster. Grins being a librarian is a fun job. I plan on applying to the library here. They seem to have something up usually. Even if its a part time shelver. As long as I can get my foot in the door right. :D

Just now, janet3 said:

I am sorry. I know it has to be incredibly frustrating. It must be stressful being away from everything familiar and I completely understand the financial part of it being difficult. Hang in there....it will get better.

Thanks Janet. HUGS It has just been a hard day. But on the bright side. I wrote down all the copies I need for each application. WHEW So Once I eat my very late lunch I will head out get the passport pictures done and the photocopies I need done at the library. :) Then I think we have everything that is needed to send in AOS/EAD this week. My fiance is home sick today and he filled out the I-864 and I already have copies of what needs to go with that. I just want to get this sent out.

Timeline
9 hours ago, pajobra said:

Costco is $4.99 for a set of 4 photos 😉

Timeline

Oh wow just got my i797 text message for my aos/ead receipt and it's 11:25pm random time (Chicago time)

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

42 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Costco is $4.99 for a set of 4 photos 😉

Yes if you are a Costco member which we are not. :P I got 4 done at Walgreens today. 30 bucks later. Shrugs. Throwing money away for what I wonder since word is they use the picture they take of you at biometrics on the card. :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Oh wow just got my i797 text message for my aos/ead receipt and it's 11:25pm random time (Chicago time)

That's too funny. We just received ours as well!! Now we wait.....again....Best of luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.