pajobra

I-129F March 2017 Filers #2 Cause we are awesome

1,566 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Hoosier81 said:

JloveN

How long did it take to schedule a interview in Jakarta? I'm a June Flier and trying to get a idea of when to expect Visa interview. 

Thanks!

Hi @Hoosier81,

As soon as you completed all the documents required, you can send email and ask the embassy about an available date for interview. They will reply your email on the same day. It doesn't take long for US embassy in Jakarta to provide the schedule, they always have an available date for Immigrant Visa application every Wednesday at 12.30. Once the Visa is approved, they issued it the next 3 days. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ste&Sel said:

My, now wife has arrived safely. Wedding was 12.6.17 .....  wow what a journey we all take to get this point... just the beginning. 

Selfiah Wedding.jpg

Congratulations! 

Timeline
On 12/5/2017 at 1:39 PM, jaybeltisroy said:

Hi Marchie's,

I am happy and proud to say that i am officially married now.

I arrived in Baltimore last November 20 and we had our civil union on thanksgiving day.

1961.thumb.JPG.be6d91dc0769c38f3dce2be882ead1c3.JPG

Congratulations! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ste&Sel said:

My, now wife has arrived safely. Wedding was 12.6.17 .....  wow what a journey we all take to get this point... just the beginning. 

Selfiah Wedding.jpg

She is so lovely!!!  Congratulations to you both.

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 hours ago, gob332 said:

NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP arrived today! Sent in November 21, NOA1 dated November 24

Woo!  My husband's is dated 11/22.  Fingers crossed EAD doesn't take as long as it's looking right now -_-

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Rev said:

Woo!  My husband's is dated 11/22.  Fingers crossed EAD doesn't take as long as it's looking right now -_-

How long is it looking ? We are applying next week. I'm picking up our marriage certificate today 🙆‍♀️

21 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

How long is it looking ? We are applying next week. I'm picking up our marriage certificate today 🙆‍♀️

I am gonna be way way after you all for AOS. :( I don't think we are applying til January now because it looks like his bonus from work might be later than normal. ARGH I actually don't expect to be able to work until like June at this rate. We did get our marriage certificate in the mail yesterday though. :) We also bought a Christmas tree and will get decorations together this weekend. 

Saturday at 1pm we have a reservation at Ted's Montana Grill for a celebratory wedding lunch with a few friends.

On 12/8/2017 at 9:22 AM, pajobra said:

I am gonna be way way after you all for AOS. :( I don't think we are applying til January now because it looks like his bonus from work might be later than normal. ARGH I actually don't expect to be able to work until like June at this rate. We did get our marriage certificate in the mail yesterday though. :) We also bought a Christmas tree and will get decorations together this weekend. 

Saturday at 1pm we have a reservation at Ted's Montana Grill for a celebratory wedding lunch with a few friends.

Soooooo quiet in here. *listens to pin drop* Well we went and got decorations. We are going with a red and white themed tree. We have a striped bow for the top, white snowflakes, and candy canes. We bought a personalized heart ornament that says I DO and got our names and wedding date on it. Next year we will buy a personalized Christmas one and have that be a tradition every year. :D We changed our lunch to supper yesterday as my friend ended up with the flu and had to bow out and my husband's friend and wife couldn't do lunch but could do supper. OMG my husband's doctor recommended this place to us because of his IBS and the food was so good. I had the special which was prime rib and it was melt in the mouth. We are now making it our go to restaurant for a nice meal. :)  I also had a nice time meeting Todd and his wife Kathy. Chris went to the washroom to wash up and Todd said to me that he has known Chris for 7 years and that for the past year he has never seen a happier man. He said all he talks about at work is you. Kathy said yes you make him so happy and we can see its mutual. They both said they look forward to going out with us again and having us over to their place. Super nice.

This morning we are invited to go see the movie "The Disaster Artist" with my husband's friend and then this afternoon we are gonna decorate the tree. :) Life is sooo wonderful.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It's been 3 weeks and fiance still isn't on the correct time zone with sleeping, it's driving me crazy!

NOA1: 3/20/2017

hardcopy: 3/24/2017

NOA2: 7/13/2017

hardcopy: 7/17/17

NVC received: 7/24/17

Embassy received: 7/31/17

Interview: 11/9/2017 APPROVED!

Visa in hand: 11/16/17

POE: 11/20/17 via Washington D.C

Married 1/19/18 via Detroit

AOS.AP.EAD packet received 4/18/18

AP.EAD Approved 10/18/18

AP.EAD in hand 11/17/2018

AOS interview scheduled 11/20/18

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/5/2017 at 2:39 PM, jaybeltisroy said:

Hi Marchie's,

I am happy and proud to say that i am officially married now.

I arrived in Baltimore last November 20 and we had our civil union on thanksgiving day.

1961.thumb.JPG.be6d91dc0769c38f3dce2be882ead1c3.JPG

Congrats! I love the matching ties!

NOA1: 3/20/2017

hardcopy: 3/24/2017

NOA2: 7/13/2017

hardcopy: 7/17/17

NVC received: 7/24/17

Embassy received: 7/31/17

Interview: 11/9/2017 APPROVED!

Visa in hand: 11/16/17

POE: 11/20/17 via Washington D.C

Married 1/19/18 via Detroit

AOS.AP.EAD packet received 4/18/18

AP.EAD Approved 10/18/18

AP.EAD in hand 11/17/2018

AOS interview scheduled 11/20/18

Timeline
12 hours ago, pajobra said:

Soooooo quiet in here. *listens to pin drop* Well we went and got decorations. We are going with a red and white themed tree. We have a striped bow for the top, white snowflakes, and candy canes. We bought a personalized heart ornament that says I DO and got our names and wedding date on it. Next year we will buy a personalized Christmas one and have that be a tradition every year. :D We changed our lunch to supper yesterday as my friend ended up with the flu and had to bow out and my husband's friend and wife couldn't do lunch but could do supper. OMG my husband's doctor recommended this place to us because of his IBS and the food was so good. I had the special which was prime rib and it was melt in the mouth. We are now making it our go to restaurant for a nice meal. :)  I also had a nice time meeting Todd and his wife Kathy. Chris went to the washroom to wash up and Todd said to me that he has known Chris for 7 years and that for the past year he has never seen a happier man. He said all he talks about at work is you. Kathy said yes you make him so happy and we can see its mutual. They both said they look forward to going out with us again and having us over to their place. Super nice.

This morning we are invited to go see the movie "The Disaster Artist" with my husband's friend and then this afternoon we are gonna decorate the tree. :) Life is sooo wonderful.

I feel ya....it's quiet  (not as quiet as the February filers). 

R arrived on the 15th of November. We added him to my bank account the next day and filed for the SSN. He enrolled in English classes and attends 3 days a week. He and my father have really hit it off....my dad loves him. After thanksgiving, my father took R to an aquarium in Missouri (it's kinda surprise that my very southern father is being super accepting of my north African fiancé....it's all a bit crazy) and they do not speak the same language...

Edited by janet3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Fiancés interview is in the morning and I cannot sleeeeep I have butterflies in my stomach. Will let you all know what happens!!!! The few of us still following this thread haha :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.