notantifun

US Point of Entry

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all.

I've explored the Point of Entry review section of VJ and there is a drop down list of the different POE locations. I was just wondering if this list is incomplete because I do not see where I will be or might officially go through immigration. Shouldn't it be at final destination? I will be flying from Melbourne>LA (LAX)>Austin (Austin Bergstrom). Will I go through LAX immigration or at my final destination at Austin Bergstrom?

Thanks to anyone who can help with my confusion.

You'll go through immigration at your first US POE so that would be LAX. I believe you'll also need to collect your bags and recheck them because LAX - AUS would be a domestic leg.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dee elle said:

You wil go through immigration at your first arrival airport... on your suggested itinerary, it will be LAX.. you will be processed by CBP then collect your baggage and clear customs. Your next flight to Austin will be domestic travel. Arrival in USA is always done this way. 

2 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

You'll go through immigration at your first US POE so that would be LAX. I believe you'll also need to collect your bags and recheck them because LAX - AUS would be a domestic leg.

Thank you both for your very clear response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I just flew from Melbourne  to LAX and onto Orlando .  I went through  Immigration  at LAX . It was as simple as handing over passport  and paperwork  and answering simple questions like address where you will be living . They stamp your passport  and send you on your  way . You then head to baggage collect luggage go through  Customs  and take your luggage  to transfer area then head to domestic  terminal . 

Good luck :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.