Eruthos

September AOS filers

60 posts in this topic

So I can see online that I have a RFIE coming :( Filed on 22/09 and did biometrics yesterday. I'm scared now and I don't know what it is :( 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 10/21/2017 at 2:09 PM, Christian2k17 said:

Hello Eruthos. Hope your process has been smooth. Am having a little concern and will like to know how your expedite case went through. What was your reason for the expedition and what was the response from USCIS. 

What is the reason you want to expedite? What are you planning on expediting....EAD/AP or what... These are the questions that will help you get answers. His case might be totally different from you. Going for a traditional marriage is not enough reason by USCIS standards, except when it is medical to you or your spouse, the rest is secondary.

Good luck guys.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, kremacnipec said:

So I can see online that I have a RFIE coming :( Filed on 22/09 and did biometrics yesterday. I'm scared now and I don't know what it is :( 

You might have missed an important document. Maybe marriage certificate or birth certificate, or any other most important document. There is nothing to be scared of, just that it will restart your AOS process from Day 0 again.

Good luck and stay strong.

7 minutes ago, sweetadams said:

You might have missed an important document. Maybe marriage certificate or birth certificate, or any other most important document. There is nothing to be scared of, just that it will restart your AOS process from Day 0 again.

Good luck and stay strong.

Thank you. I submitted both of the certificates, but I'm guessing it's the I-130A form. We hired a lawyer and he didn't submit it, saying that "they don't always need it". Sounds like BS to me but it's too late to do anything now. I'm just annoyed and nervous that I just have to sit at home and wait, but that's what we all have to do I guess. Makes me nervous because I always think of the worst possible outcome :( But thank you for your words!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I-130A is mandatory now! At least you know what to expect from your RFIE and it's something easy to fix.

05/24/2017 Entered the US on a J1 visa

10/10/2017 We got married!

10/27/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

10/30/2017 Package delivered 

10/31/2017 Priority Date

11/07/2017 Received email and text notifications about all 4 forms

11/14/2017 Received hard copies of all 4 NOAs

11/21/2017 Received biometrics appointment notice scheduled for 11/29

12/15/2017 Interview notice - interview is scheduled for January 19th! Holy #$%^ that's less than 3 months from PD!

01/02/2018 EAD + AP approved

01/16/2018 Combo card delivered

01/19/2018 Interview - recommended for approval

01/22/2018 New card is being produced :dance:

UBtw.png

5 hours ago, EvieMN said:

I-130A is mandatory now! At least you know what to expect from your RFIE and it's something easy to fix.

Yeah I know that now. Hopefully that's the only thing that's wrong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, kremacnipec said:

Yeah I know that now. Hopefully that's the only thing that's wrong.

please update us if there is something else! I'm curious for typical reasons  why someone gets RFE

THank you!

10/26/2017: Priority Date - AOS

11/29/2017: Biometrics Appointment

12/21/2017: EAD/AP Approval in 56 Days

12/18/2018: Interview Day | Approved on the Spot

12/22/2018: Received Green Card (10 Years)

N-400 Application (Orlando)

09/20/2021 - Early Filing Online (3 year -married to US Citizen)

09/20/2021 - Received NOA & status changed to "Case being actively reviewed" & Biometric Reuse

03/31/2022 - Interview in West Palm Beach Fl

- Recommended for Approval & Oath Ceremony will be scheduled notice (My application includes request for name change)

06/16/2022 - Judicial Naturalization Ceremony 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

File sent : 09/18

file received  : 09/21

1st txt notice : 09/26

1st Mail Aos: 10/02

bio mail notice: 10/06

bio date:10/13 ( walk- in) 

Interview is ready to scheduled notice: 10/27

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

September Filler here. I filed adjustment of status from F1 visa due to marriage to an American citizen. 

sept 19th - package sent through ups 

sept 20th - package received 

sept 26th - e-notification received 

sept 30th - NOA received in the mail 

oct 6th - received biometrics appt 

oct 16th - biometrics done 

oct 20th - received a letter stating that I need to take my medical exam to the interview 

I haven’t heard anything else from them, I’m freaking out a little bit since I see a lot of people who status changes to “ready to be schedule an interview” shortly after biometrics, mine still stock at “fingerprint fee received”, I guess I only need to be patient. 

3 hours ago, Lina M. Rodriguez said:

September Filler here. I filed adjustment of status from F1 visa due to marriage to an American citizen. 

sept 19th - package sent through ups 

sept 20th - package received 

sept 26th - e-notification received 

sept 30th - NOA received in the mail 

oct 6th - received biometrics appt 

oct 16th - biometrics done 

oct 20th - received a letter stating that I need to take my medical exam to the interview 

I haven’t heard anything else from them, I’m freaking out a little bit since I see a lot of people who status changes to “ready to be schedule an interview” shortly after biometrics, mine still stock at “fingerprint fee received”, I guess I only need to be patient. 

Same for me, I’m not sure if it makes a difference depending what visa you’re adjusting from. 

K1 for example. 

Just got to be patient. 

But congrats to everyone who has gotten an interview already. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

September filer here as well. AOS from F1 visa due to marriage to a USC. Self-filing (no lawyer)

Sept 17th - Package sent via FedEx

Sept 20th - Package received & text notification

Oct 6th - Biometrics appt.

Oct 10th - Biometrics done (walk-in)

Oct 21st - RFIE on I-485 received asking for proof that I was able to legally work (I used my income to supplement the household income in form I-864)

Oct 23rd - Response to RFIE sent

Oct 26th - Website updated with "Response to RFIE received"

Bummed that I got a RFIE given that I had sent in proof of being able to work originally (just not as a direct attachment to I-864). 

Hoping that it does not reset the time on my process but we'll see. Was hoping to get AP by December to be able to travel home but that's probably not happening. 

Edited by denvercoder

I got a notification today saying my EAD is being produced, so hopefully this means my combo card (EAD/AP)!!

Sept 5th - Priority date

Sep 8th - Text notifications

Sep 16th - Biometrics appointment letter (for Oct 4th)

Sep 29th - Biometrics done by walk-in

Oct 10th - SR to expedite AP requested

Oct 14th - SR to expedite AP denied - Deemed "not severe enough"

Oct 16th - Contacted Congressman to request to look into advance parole

Nov 1st - EAD in production!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Eruthos said:

I got a notification today saying my EAD is being produced, so hopefully this means my combo card (EAD/AP)!!

Sept 5th - Priority date

Sep 8th - Text notifications

Sep 16th - Biometrics appointment letter (for Oct 4th)

Sep 29th - Biometrics done by walk-in

Oct 10th - SR to expedite AP requested

Oct 14th - SR to expedite AP denied - Deemed "not severe enough"

Oct 16th - Contacted Congressman to request to look into advance parole

Nov 1st - EAD in production!

This is good. Let me ask you something, was there an reason for you to expedite your AP/EAD?

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

17 minutes ago, T_P said:

This is good. Let me ask you something, was there an reason for you to expedite your AP/EAD?

Yes, since the current approximate waiting time is >100 days, this would mean I would not get my AP before being able to go to my home country during the only break my wife and I have from graduate school for another year. This means we wouldn't be able to celebrate out marriage with my family, and highly likely see my grandmothers for the last time (their health is declining rapidly). This isn't enough for USCIS to expedite it, doesn't mean it means a lot to us. It seems our Congressman understands that celebrating our love with my family, while they are alive, is also important, in contrast to only being able to go back on short notice when a family member is terminally ill/passed.

On 27. 10. 2017 at 5:34 PM, shakeyy said:

please update us if there is something else! I'm curious for typical reasons  why someone gets RFE

THank you!

My RFIE was indeed for the I-130A form that my lawyer forgot to include. I have to wait for him to get back from vacation. It's all stressing me out. I'm just worried that something bad will happen. Hopefully not! Good luck and congrats to all of you with interviews ready to be scheduled!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.