Eruthos

September AOS filers

60 posts in this topic

It's September :)! I sent in my package today to file AOS from F-1 as a Dutch Citizen. I requested expedited processing for Form I-131 so I can attend my wedding celebration back home!

I wrote "EXPEDITE" on the forms and folder I put it in, and included a letter with evidence for the reasoning behind expedited handling. Once I have my NOA I will also give them a call to check up on it.

My package was just picked up in Chicago, doesn't say a name since I sent it priority mail 2-day delivery with USPS, but oh well! Now to wait for them to start processing it..

• 2 weeks later...

So I sent my package last month but forgot the U$85 for the biometrics fee. They sent it all back to me so I'm starting a new timeline in the September group. 

I hold a F-1 visa now and I'm adjusting my status due to marriage to a US Citizen! 

August 28: package sent

August 29: package delivered

September 14: Package returned - Missing biometrics fee

September 14: Package sent again

September 15: Package delivered 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/4/2017 at 1:32 PM, Eruthos said:

My package was just picked up in Chicago, doesn't say a name since I sent it priority mail 2-day delivery with USPS, but oh well! Now to wait for them to start processing it..

Mine was sent on 21 of September and received on 23rd through USPS as well. Just wondering, Do you know how long before one gets a NOA?

7 minutes ago, Christian2k17 said:

Mine was sent on 21 of September and received on 23rd through USPS as well. Just wondering, Do you know how long before one gets a NOA?

My priority date was the 8th, so a week after sending it. I didn't get my NOA by text/email until the next week though. It should be within 14 days I'm pretty sure!

Timeline
Just now, Eruthos said:

My priority date was the 8th, so a week after sending it. I didn't get my NOA by text/email until the next week though. It should be within 14 days I'm pretty sure!

Ok thank you and good luck 🙂. Please keep me posted with updates on your progress. 

Cross-posting this with the August filers thread:

Just got my biometrics done by walk-in (original date was Oct 4th, walked in Sept 29th). Alexandria VA office, 9AM, took me less than 30 minutes! I called USCIS to ask if there is anything on file for expedition of my AP card, but the gentleman said I would hear something no later than 30 days after NOA1 (which was Sept 8), so I'll just have to wait and see.. Fingers crossed!

September 24: All 4 NOAs receipts received on the mail

September 29: Received Biometric appointment letter. Scheduled for 10/12.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've also filed in September, hopefully I can join the other filers :) 

Filed: 22/09

Received by USCIS: 27/09

NOA (form I-797C) received: 07/10

Best of luck to all of us! :star:

September 24: All 4 NOAs receipts received on the mail

September 29: Received Biometric appointment letter. Scheduled for 10/12.

October 12: Fingerprinting done for I485 and I765.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/4/2017 at 8:09 AM, Eruthos said:

I wrote "EXPEDITE" on the forms and folder I put it in, and included a letter with evidence for the reasoning behind expedited handling. Once I have my NOA I will also give them a call to check up on it.

Hello Eruthos. Hope your process has been smooth. Am having a little concern and will like to know how your expedite case went through. What was your reason for the expedition and what was the response from USCIS. 

38 minutes ago, Christian2k17 said:

Hello Eruthos. Hope your process has been smooth. Am having a little concern and will like to know how your expedite case went through. What was your reason for the expedition and what was the response from USCIS. 

They completely ignored my initial request for expedition.. I then put in an SR, which they declined since they have too many SR's running, and my request is "sincere, but not emergent enough". I plan to go to my home country to have a traditional marriage celebration with my wife and my side of the family, and most likely spend the last time with my grandmothers ever since they aren't doing well. We have contacted our congressman, and if that doesn't work out I will send in another SR mid-November. We both just want to go home and spend the holidays with my family!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.