methold

I-751 September 2017 Filers

1,635 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, TomEn said:

Now I understand why we have 22 months. I thought it was because we are a gay couple and the fed govt has already started discriminating! like I know it is in the works but didnt know that it would happen this fast. Guess I was wrong! Thanks for the clarification @DavidnThao

Good luck with your journey. Things are super slow. It seems one year is the minimum time for processing.

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office :California Service Center

Receipt #: WAC18096XXXXX

Date Filed :2018-01-02

NOA Date :2018-01-04

18 month courtesy copy: 2018-08-18

18 month official copy: 2018-10-22

Approval: 2019-02-01

GC received : 2019-02-08

Hi Everyone! Another September 2017 filer here still waiting. I filed ROC on 9/19/18 and case was transferred to the local office on 3/5/2018. 18 months extension letter issued on 8/11/2018.

My question is has anyone here submitted n-400 while ROC is pending? I spoke to an attorney and she doesn't recommend to do so but it seems like some of us here have submitted it while waiting for ROC. So I would like to hear your thoughts on this. 

1 hour ago, visajourney# said:

Hi Everyone! Another September 2017 filer here still waiting. I filed ROC on 9/19/18 and case was transferred to the local office on 3/5/2018. 18 months extension letter issued on 8/11/2018.

My question is has anyone here submitted n-400 while ROC is pending? I spoke to an attorney and she doesn't recommend to do so but it seems like some of us here have submitted it while waiting for ROC. So I would like to hear your thoughts on this. 

Very good question I’ve asked it here before and got two different answers :

1. Apply as soon as you can for N-400 if citizenship is your goal and go through the hassle of infopass extention stars for as long as it takes you to get naturalized citizenship. 

2. Wait until you get your 10yGC first then apply for N-400. 

Some people here applied for N-400 and shortly after received notification that their GC was sent for printing. 

I was thinking of waiting to get my GC first then apply for N-400. 

Depending where you are,  waiting time could be 8-26 months approximately. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, NikV said:

Good luck with your journey. Things are super slow. It seems one year is the minimum time for processing.

Thank you NikV. Good luck to you too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/17/2018 at 4:18 PM, visajourney# said:

So far that I know, it doesn't change anything if you applied now or wait for your 10 years GC; neither of the two makes the other faster ... I've applied for N400 earlier last month so that way, my wait time for N400 process starts counting rather than wait until God knows when, for the 10 years GC and now file N400 ... irrespective of filing base on 3 years rule or 5 years rule, the current wait time for N400 in Dallas is 24 months so if I have the $$ and the requirements, why wait? It's like postponing the evil days ... haha :) more so, it doesn't look like the process is going to get better anyways; at least not anytime soon.

My one cent, apply for N400 when you're qualify and have the resources ...  

Edited by mymercy

Vermont filer here (transferred to local office - DC) ... 1 year extension letter due to expire 1st Dec 2018. Received 18 month extension letter 3 days ago  

Pending Removal of Conditions following K1 and 2 Year Green Card ... Waiting ~1 year 

@Jay&M My wife is in a similar position with her 1 year extension letter set to expire in early December. Did you get any notification the 18 month extension letter was being produced or it just arrived unannounced? We are starting to get nervous due to early December not being far away...

1 hour ago, Drewton12 said:

@Jay&M My wife is in a similar position with her 1 year extension letter set to expire in early December. Did you get any notification the 18 month extension letter was being produced or it just arrived unannounced? We are starting to get nervous due to early December not being far away...

@Drewton12 I am an October filer but I follow the September forum too. I didn't receive the 18 month extension letter when it seemed as if every one else was. So I went to the USCIS website and submitted a case inquiry. I stated that I had not received the 18 month letter. I recieved an email a few days later saying that the extension letter would be 're-sent.' I even called as well to double check that it was the 18 month that was being sent to me and not the 12 month letter again. I recieved the letter in the mail a few days letter. As my 12 month letter expires in early December too, my backup was an Infopass appointment to have my passport stamped which would have granted the extension. 

14 hours ago, mymercy said:

So far that I know, it doesn't change anything if you applied now or wait for your 10 years GC; neither of the two makes the other faster ... I've applied for N400 earlier last month so that way, my wait time for N400 process starts counting rather than wait until God knows when, for the 10 years GC and now file N400 ... irrespective of filing base on 3 years rule or 5 years rule, the current wait time for N400 in Dallas is 24 months so if I have the $$ and the requirements, why wait? It's like postponing the evil days ... haha :) more so, it doesn't look like the process is going to get better anyways; at least not anytime soon.

My one cent, apply for N400 when you're qualify and have the resources ...  

Thanks a lot for the advice! 

14 hours ago, Drewton12 said:

We just received the letter unexpectedly in the mail, no notice or anything 

Pending Removal of Conditions following K1 and 2 Year Green Card ... Waiting ~1 year 

On 10/1/2018 at 9:22 AM, MHZ said:

OK. So you did not get a combined interview. It was risky waiting that long as they could have held up your card production! 

You should be getting the card soon and then the long wait for the 
N-400 continues.  You may be looking for 6-9 months. Which local office is yours?

When we applied for N-400.  I had no idea about the issue you mentioned, our is DC local office.

Spoiler

USCIS
01/14/2015 - Sent I-130 -----------------------------------------
01/20/2015 - NOA 1 ------------------------------02/03/2015 - I-130 Approval/NOA2

NVC

02/23/2015 - Case received ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------03/02/2015 - Case Number and IIN assigned

03/06/2015 - DS -261 Available and complete ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------03/10/2015 - AOS Bill "PAID" status

03/10/2015 - AOS and IV Packages sent ------and now the wait begins!! praying for no checklists -----------------------------------------------03/13/2015 - AOS and IV Packages scanned at NVC----please God no checklist.....

03/31/2015 - AOS Form Review Completed by a Supervisor (Had to call many times) --------------------------------------------------------------04/02/2015 - Paid IV Bill Online

04/06/2015 - IV Bill "PAID" status -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------04/10/2015 - Check List Number 1

04/26/2015 - DS-260 Completed online ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------05/15/2015 - Case sent for Supervisor Review....seems like I am only getting things done through Supervisors

06/29/2015 - 2nd Review to Supervisor triggered, still stuck in NVC hell ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------07/13/2015 - Case completed

07/20/2015 - Received Case Completed confirmation email-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------08/24/2015 - Interview Scheduled Date Confirmation over the Phone

08/26/2015 - Received Interview Scheduled confirmation email -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------09/04/2015 - NVC called to inform about interview cancellation date

09/08/2015 - Received Interview Cancellation Email ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------09/22/2015 - Interview Date---------------Finally ----Old Interview Date  

09/10/2015 - Interview Rescheduled Date Confirmation over the Phone ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------09/11/2015 - Received Interview Rescheduled confirmation email

09/17/2015 - Case Status "In Transit" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------09/18/2015 - Case Status "Ready"  

10/01/2015 - Interview Rescheduled Date

Embassy
09/11/2015 - Medical ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------10/01/2015 - Interview and Approval Date 1

0/01/2015 - Case Status Changed to "Administrative Processing" ------------------------10/02/2015 - Case Status Changed to "Issued" 

XXXXXXX - Visa in hand ------------------------------------------------------------------------------XXXXXXX - POE

I-751
09/06/2015 - Package with USPS ------------------------ 09/09/2017 Delivered at Vermont Service Center

09/15/2017 Check Cashed --------------------------------- 09/19/2017- NOA received

Timeline

Did anyone else get a third extension letter? I received one in the mail statting that my previous 18-month ext letter had an error, hence they are sending this new one!

Timeline
On 10/20/2018 at 11:40 AM, Roni07 said:

Applied for N-400, Estimated Completion Time 18m (2020). Saint Anthony, TX

Where is St. Anthony in TX?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.