JQ85

Medical or not yet? Please help!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Our K1 interview is in a few weeks at the Manila embassy. My fiancee will be conducting her medical early next week (as she wanted to be rid of her "woman time" for the month). 

Now, we're both trying not to stress because she has a little bit of a cough/sore throat. Will this be an automatic "big deal" at St Lukes, or are they simpyl looking for larger things (like TB of course, diseases etc). 

We really need advice here.. Our interview is a few weeks away - and he SLIGHT cough/sore throat have us wondering if it will be no big deal at her medical, or is a big deal?? Thanks guys -

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My K1 medical was pretty much a joke.  They checked my height, weight, eyesight, blood pressure.  They spent more time asking questions like if I was pregnant/had ever taken drugs/etc.

Basically I kept all my clothes on (unless you count the X-ray...) and it was suuuuuuper simple.  I'm not sure if that's the case for everyone else but it was my experience.  Wayyyy easier than I thought. 

Edited by Michelle13
K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
08/25/14 - Acceptance email sent
08/26/14 - Alien Registration Number changed.
10/17/14 RFE was received
10/23/14 RFE/I-195F mailed back to USCIS
11/05/14 I-129F Petition Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/10/14 U.S. Consulate received case in the mail!!
12/19/14 Submitted DS-160 online form.
01/15/15 Submitted Package 3 Checklist for a request for interview!
01/16/15 Consulate sent me packet to prepare for my interview/medical!
02/20/15 Physical
02/24/15 Visa Interview/APPROVED!!!!!!! (6 months!!)

AOS

05/16/15 - Filed for Adjustment of Status and Work Permit

05/22/15 - Acceptance email sent along with NOA’s mailed.

06/16/15 Biometrics Appointment
1/22/2016: INTERVIEW!!/APPROVED!!!
2/2016: Received GREEN CARD!!! (8 months)

I-751 - ROC

11/1/2016: Filed

11/3/2016: NOA

11/19/2016: NOA 2

12/06/2016 Biometrics Appointment

1/17/2018: Info Pass - Passport Stamped

5/31/2018: Emailed received that GC is being mailed. 

3 hours ago, JQ85 said:

Our K1 interview is in a few weeks at the Manila embassy. My fiancee will be conducting her medical early next week (as she wanted to be rid of her "woman time" for the month). 

Now, we're both trying not to stress because she has a little bit of a cough/sore throat. Will this be an automatic "big deal" at St Lukes, or are they simpyl looking for larger things (like TB of course, diseases etc). 

We really need advice here.. Our interview is a few weeks away - and he SLIGHT cough/sore throat have us wondering if it will be no big deal at her medical, or is a big deal?? Thanks guys -

When it comes to St. Luke's, it is like you are walking on egg shells. I have been hearing a lot of things about them when it comes to X-ray as a lot of applicants are being subjected to sputum test because there is 'something' in the x-ray result. I have also talked to a heavy smoker who passed the medical exam with flying colors. 

But suffering from cough/sore throat does not necessarily mean that something will be found in her x-ray results. She should be fine. 

Medical examination basically rules out any contagious diseases such as Tuberculosis, Sexually-transmitted diseases like Gonorrhea and Syphillis, etc. They require extensive medication if applicant is found to be suffering from any of these.

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my medical examination last week in st. Lukes and i passed it. But yes, they are really strict in Chest x-ray. I thought im going to have a problem, but they wanted me to try again then it came out fine. Just be healthy before you have your Med exam, because they are very strict in chest xray. And ofcourse, dont forget to pray and everything will be okay. :-)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, JQ85 said:

That is good that she is waiting until "after", it would only delay things.

A cough sore throat or congestion is not an issue at SLEC, they have excellent Xray ...   takes more than that stuff to cause an issue.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/medical---slec.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The US Government requires SLEC to be top notch in their equipment, their procedures and their staff. The equipment they use is some of the best out there. To think that they are overly cautious I don't think is fair. They see thousands of applicants each year and so if they see a spot, they have seen it before and it could have been TB. I for one am thankful that if they did find TB when my Wife and Kids went through their exam, I would be shaking their hands and hugging them. Not not my wife, the SLEC Staff. :jest: TB KILLS.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.