2,916 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Hopeful diva said:

Congratulations on your approval!! 🥂

1 hour ago, myownboss said:

I filed on Sep 2 and I did not get any RFEs. I just received e-mail notification this afternoon that they approved of my vawa case. So just hang in there if you have filed a proper paper work. I did not use a lawyer and I just strickly followed vawa application instructions on USCIS website. 

congrats

1 hour ago, 81soalk said:

It was the good moral, On my original package I sent the police clearance from my town, but I guess they wanted the state police.  I went got my fingerprints paid like $40.  5 days letter I received a letter with my background, funny thing is I didn't know I had a record when I was a juvenile even if it was dismissed it was showing, so I sent it and sent a letter saying it was dismissed and what happened and some record that I had from the court.  That was about it until yesterday when I received a text message.  (btw I expunged my record, my public defender told me my record was clean because it was dismissed like 10 years ago, but I guess thats not the case).

May I ask how long have you stayed in U.S.? I heard that if it's less than 3 years, I must have a clearance from my country. I have been in U.S. 2 years 5 months till the day i filed VAWA. waiting for uscis responses...

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hopemama said:

May I ask how long have you stayed in U.S.? I heard that if it's less than 3 years, I must have a clearance from my country. I have been in U.S. 2 years 5 months till the day i filed VAWA. waiting for uscis responses...

17 years.  Unfortunately I don't know if they will ask you for clearance of your country, Did they sent you an RFE?

7 hours ago, myownboss said:

I filed on Sep 2 and I did not get any RFEs. I just received e-mail notification this afternoon that they approved of my vawa case. So just hang in there if you have filed a proper paper work. I did not use a lawyer and I just strickly followed vawa application instructions on USCIS website. 

congratulations.....Can you share your timeline

7 hours ago, 81soalk said:

17 years.  Unfortunately I don't know if they will ask you for clearance of your country, Did they sent you an RFE?

not yet. I have the police clearance from pd where I'm living now. Vermont  released prima facie. now I'm waiting to hearing from them. my att even didn't mention about good moral evidence. I read from this forum (thank you everyone on VJs sharing their experience. this is so much helpful) and went to pd on myself. then the attorn use that clearance for submit. that's why I learned about 3-year clearance evidence. now I have to wait their rfe since I knew for sure i hadn't submitted enough paperwork. it seems like there is no shortcut for me to submit these papers before rfe in mailbox

Edited by Hopemama

Filed: Timeline
26 minutes ago, Hopemama said:

not yet. I have the police clearance from pd where I'm living now. Vermont  released prima facie. now I'm waiting to hearing from them. my att even didn't mention about good moral evidence. I read from this forum (thank you everyone on VJs sharing their experience. this is so much helpful) and went to pd on myself. then the attorn use that clearance for submit. that's why I learned about 3-year clearance evidence. now I have to wait their rfe since I knew for sure i hadn't submitted enough paperwork. it seems like there is no shortcut for me to submit these papers before rfe in mailbox

There may be a blue paper comes with prima facie. One can submit additional evidence with that paper, instead of waiting for RFE.

On 10/31/2017 at 2:03 AM, Hopeful diva said:

Thanks dear. Yea I attached a copy of my I-130 when I submitted my i360. On my vawa approval notice, my I-130 PD date was noted on the top right corner of my notice. I never requested for the PD to be transferred, maybe it's up to the officer adjudicating the case or maybe it's a rule we are not yet familiar with 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don't see any other reason why he will leave hundreds of petitions pending before mine and since 2016 and adjudicate mine before theirs. There's no other logical explanation 

Hopeful diva can you please share your evidence of abuse? Thank you

44 minutes ago, nuka987 said:

Hopeful diva can you please share your evidence of abuse? Thank you

Temporary and final restraining orders, pictures showing injuries to body and property. Well written self affidavit (8/9 pages). That's all. 

Filed: Other Timeline
23 hours ago, 81soalk said:

Guys Im happy I got approved today for the 360.  I filed last year early september 2016 and got an rfe and mailed october 11.  I want to thank everyone on this forum.  Finally some happiness after the nightmare I went through.  

Now  to start the i485 and 912 waiver, im a student full time and pay my own tuition, I will like to get it waive.  What other form do I need to send?.  Thanks in advance.

Congratulations, my dear! This is wonderful news. The hard part is over!

Filed: Other Timeline
14 hours ago, myownboss said:

Congratulations! Two approvals from September. Good news!!!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, Hopemama said:

Yes you need to submit police clearance from your home Country because you are here less than 3 years.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/31/2017 at 12:54 PM, Hopeful diva said:

Yes I saw that on the USCIS website too. It clearly says that it is transferable. 

IT clearly says " it is important to understand that this results in a shorter waiting time if you are waiting for a visa number" . Spouses of  U.S Citizens ARE NOT waiting a visa number to be available, because it's ALWAYS available, but spouses of fgreen card holders ARE EXPECTING a  visa number to become available.  What USCIS post is saying is that  a spouse of  a GC holder can transfer the I-130 to the I-360. We all  said  here that a  spouse of a GC holder can transfer the PD .

Edited by sandranj

11 minutes ago, sandranj said:

IT clearly says " it is important to understand that this results in a shorter waiting time if you are waiting for a visa number" . Spouses of  U.S Citizens ARE NOT waiting a visa number to be available, because it's ALWAYS available, but spouses of fgreen card holders ARE EXPECTING a  visa number to become available.  What USCIS post is saying is that  a spouse of  a GC holder can transfer the I-130 to the I-360. We all  said  here that a  spouse of a GC holder can transfer the PD .

Okay then, I was fortunate I guess 🙂

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello everyone i fist like to thank Sandra for all her help my residence got approved!!!

this in my time line i hope it helps 

I-360 (2016) 
Received abril 1.
April 07 initial RFE to stablish prima facie. (responded June 16)
Prima facie junio 28.
October 3 RFE to prove good moral character. (responded dec 12)
February 24 approval. (2017)

i-485 (2017) 
Received date march 24.
I-765 (2017) 
Received date march 28.
I-485 Biometrics notice date april 14.
(Done may 1)
I-485 April 24 case was transfered to a new office NBC.
I-765 may 2 new card is being produced.
I-765 may 4 we mailed your new card.
I-765 may 11 EAD in hand. (44 days total from received date)
Apply for ssn may 12, ssn arrived may 22.
I-485 August 10 letter in the mail for AOS interview to be on sep 20.
INTERVIEW DAY sep 20 they requested original certified copies of police and court records from past arrests.
I-485 October 23 they received the documents requested at the interview.
I-485 Octuber 31 case was approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.