2,916 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

This  year i had many VAWA Petitions approved in 2/4 months but lately  they  are taking  7/10 months to adjudicate a VAWA petition. 

Hi Sandra

what was there special circumstances of 2/4 months approval, do they know, if person have pending I-130

or a good idea to inform them, about i130

Filed: Timeline
12 hours ago, Hopeful diva said:

So how come I was approved in 4.5 months and why was my I-130 PD printed on my vawa approval notice? 

And why have several immigration lawyers said the i-130 priority date is transferable to vawa application? It's also on the internet that it is transferable. 

Im extremely curious. I don't want to believe I'm just extremely lucky 🤷🏻‍♀️

This is what on USCIS's Q&A:

---------------

• My abusive husband/wife filed an I-130 on my behalf. What happens to my application now?

You can transfer the priority date established for the I-130 to the I-360 self-petition application. It is important to understand that this results in a shorter waiting time if you are waiting for a visa number.
    ---------------

There are a few VAWA I-360 cases that can be approved on the initial review/adjudication. If your VAWA I-360 was approved in 4.5 months, you should be  one of the lucky slef-petitioners.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

When you will file form I485 you will inform that you filed  l130,if it's the case. USCIS was taking 2/4 months to adjudicate  VAWA before, but the number of  Vawa cases increased a lot.

VAWA Unit adjudicates around 15.0000  VAWA per year,   around  10.000 U  visa per year,,plus  they adjudicate T visa as wel. They have  just  260 immigration officers  in the VAWA unit to adjudicate over   35.000 petitions per year, then  they have a heavy  workload, and each year more victims   seek immigration  relief.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, sandranj said:

This  year i had many VAWA Petitions approved in 2/4 months but lately  they  are taking  7/10 months to adjudicate a VAWA petition. 

Sandra do you have an timeframe for the i-485 interview after I-360 approved?

4 minutes ago, sandranj said:

When you will file form I485 you will inform that you filed  l130,if it's the case. USCIS was taking 2/4 months to adjudicate  VAWA before, but the number of  Vawa cases increased a lot.

VAWA Unit adjudicates around 15.0000  VAWA per year,   around  10.000 U  visa per year,,plus  they adjudicate T visa as wel. They have  just  260 immigration officers  in the VAWA unit to adjudicate over   35.000 petitions per year, then  they have a heavy  workload, and each year more victims   seek immigration  relief.

i love the way you describe statistics, thanks for reply, by the way

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to every body  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lari-ssa said:

Sandra do you have an timeframe for the i-485 interview after I-360 approved?

Around  5/6 months,most offices, but  NYC and .CA are taking  8/9 months. I have a bunch of AOS  pending in NYC   since Jan and Feb 2017.

28 minutes ago, miloy001 said:

This is what on USCIS's Q&A:

---------------

• My abusive husband/wife filed an I-130 on my behalf. What happens to my application now?

You can transfer the priority date established for the I-130 to the I-360 self-petition application. It is important to understand that this results in a shorter waiting time if you are waiting for a visa number.
    ---------------

There are a few VAWA I-360 cases that can be approved on the initial review/adjudication. If your VAWA I-360 was approved in 4.5 months, you should be  one of the lucky slef-petitioners.

Yes I saw that on the USCIS website too. It clearly says that it is transferable. 

14 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Sandra, at the time I submitted my i360 in January of this year, USCIS was taking at least 8-10 months to approve. I was not expecting that I would get a response from them until September/October this year. It's very rare that people get adjudicated that fast. 

8 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Around  5/6 months,most offices, but  NYC and .CA are taking  8/9 months. I have a bunch of AOS  pending in NYC   since Jan and Feb 2017.

I hope they schedule me soon. Its been 6 months since vawa approval and my file is currently at the local office according to my congressman 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Hopeful diva said:

I hope they schedule me soon. Its been 6 months since vawa approval and my file is currently at the local office according to my congressman 

You can check online to see what month your local office is adjudicating the AOS.They probably posted the  charter probably  2 months ago.

1 hour ago, Hopeful diva said:

Yes I saw that on the USCIS website too. It clearly says that it is transferable. 

But you chose to ignore the sentence right after that: It is important to understand that this results in a shorter waiting time if you are waiting for a visa number.

Only LPR spouses have to wait for a Visa number.  An immigration visa is always immediately available to spouses of USC. 

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Guys Im happy I got approved today for the 360.  I filed last year early september 2016 and got an rfe and mailed october 11.  I want to thank everyone on this forum.  Finally some happiness after the nightmare I went through.  

Now  to start the i485 and 912 waiver, im a student full time and pay my own tuition, I will like to get it waive.  What other form do I need to send?.  Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, 81soalk said:

Guys Im happy I got approved today for the 360.  I filed last year early september 2016 and got an rfe and mailed october 11.  I want to thank everyone on this forum.  Finally some happiness after the nightmare I went through.  

Now  to start the i485 and 912 waiver, im a student full time and pay my own tuition, I will like to get it waive.  What other form do I need to send?.  Thanks in advance.

If you do not have to wait for priority date to become current, you can file I-485, I-765(to get EAD), I-131(to get AP for travel outside of US) and I-912 for them. Just follow the instruction of each form and include all supporting documents.

6 minutes ago, 81soalk said:

Congratulations on your approval!! 🥂

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
10 minutes ago, 81soalk said:

Congrats 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.