2,916 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Goodluck2017 said:

I was were interviewed already. The lady officer was very nice and the interview went very well. She just checked some information  in the form and asked about some Yes or No questions in the form. Nothing else. It only took about 10 minutes. She said she was gonna approve my case, but my FBI packground check was not completed yet, so she had to put my case on review. She would give me GC as soon as my background check is completed clearly. She also said she had emailed FIB, but she was not sure how many days that gonna take. She said she hope it was just a few days. Finally she said "good luck" to me . 

I am a little worried. The only thing i can do now is praying to God and sharing with you. Anybody here knows about or has being through the same situation?  Please share.. Thanks! 

Just a matter of time. You will definitely get your GC soon 

47 minutes ago, Hopeful diva said:

Just a matter of time. You will definitely get your GC soon 

Thank you! I have been waiting for long already.Don't mind waiting a little longer...just patience..Hope you would receive good news soon.:)

5 minutes ago, Goodluck2017 said:

Thank you! I have been waiting for long already.Don't mind waiting a little longer...just patience..Hope you would receive good news soon.:)

I hope so too. Have to travel late January and I really need that green card. Hoping for good news before December. Did you have to re-do your medicals?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
On 10/25/2017 at 2:56 PM, NICOLA2017 said:

love this ..Thanks to you too @sandranj you are a life saver to us too.. we appreciate you sooo much words cant explain...

Thank you

God bless you

2 hours ago, Hopeful diva said:

I hope so too. Have to travel late January and I really need that green card. Hoping for good news before December. Did you have to re-do your medical?

No.I didn't redo Medical.It has been only half a year since I submitted I485. Fingers crossed!

Filed: Other Timeline
21 hours ago, MsVi2 said:

Me. 

I'm a November 2016 filer, no response besides fees waived December of last year and No Prima Facie.  Sandra advised me to send a letter requesting prima facie, we'll see how that goes.

November 8th will officially be 12 months waiting. :(

(edit: and to add, my VAWA case included several police reports, affidavits from in laws, a protective order, photos and so on.  I don't think it has anything to do with having a strong or weak case.) 

I see. I'm happy to know that it doesn't have a basis on weak or strong case. Sandra advised me so. So nice of her to reply. And thank you too for replying. 

Fingers crossed hope you get a favorable decision soon. Your wait is soon to be over. 

Hi guys. 

Thanks for your support so far.

I'm  trying to figure out which route to take regarding my aos denial based on my husband withdrawing i864. The denial includes me losing my EAD which is very stressful.

1) Is there anyway to hold on to my ead

The denial cannot be appealed however I can fie motion to reopen. I'm going to file VAWA.

2) Would I let the denial stand and just file VAWA on the side or do a 290B motion to reopen and tell them I'm filing for VAWA and would like them to hold on to my i485 application? 

Thank you

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/27/2017 at 1:06 AM, Goodluck2017 said:

I was were interviewed already. The lady officer was very nice and the interview went very well. She just checked some information  in the form and asked about some Yes or No questions in the form. Nothing else. It only took about 10 minutes. She said she was gonna approve my case, but my FBI packground check was not completed yet, so she had to put my case on review. She would give me GC as soon as my background check is completed clearly. She also said she had emailed FIB, but she was not sure how many days that gonna take. She said she hope it was just a few days. Finally she said "good luck" to me . 

I am a little worried. The only thing i can do now is praying to God and sharing with you. Anybody here knows about or has being through the same situation?  Please share.. Thanks! 

Hello Goodluck2017,
What is the timeline of your I-485? What USCIS office did you have your I-485 interview?  I filed my I-485 in July 2016. I am located in Houston, Texas.  I have not been scheduled for interview. USCIS informed me that FBI background is delaying my I-485 interview scheduling.  My I-360 was approved in May, 2017.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Gratitude said:

Hi guys. 

Thanks for your support so far.

I'm  trying to figure out which route to take regarding my aos denial based on my husband withdrawing i864. The denial includes me losing my EAD which is very stressful.

1) Is there anyway to hold on to my ead

The denial cannot be appealed however I can fie motion to reopen. I'm going to file VAWA.

2) Would I let the denial stand and just file VAWA on the side or do a 290B motion to reopen and tell them I'm filing for VAWA and would like them to hold on to my i485 application? 

Thank you

Are you filing a motion based in what? Your husband withdrew form I-864, there is no legal basis for you to file a  motion. You CANNOT file a VAWA and a MOTION at the same time. I read in another thread that USCIS denied your AOS  than you can't ask to hold the AOS becauser USCIS was denied .  You have to file a new AOS ,including form I I-765. Your EAD is null and void.

Filed: Timeline
45 minutes ago, sunkissed1 said:

Please does anyone here know what option to pick to get to talk to someone at IRS? I requested for tax transcripts but it said it will be mailed to my last known address. Which will be my ex- husbands.😳 I need to speak to someone to have them mail it to me but haven’t been successful 😏

You can go to local IRS office to get a copy of tax transcript. IRS number is 1-800-829-0922.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.