2,916 posts in this topic

Updated Timeline:

Hi Guys This is my updated timeline so far. I Hope all of you guys are doing great!

Filed Vawa: July 1 2017 (Physical, Mental and Sexual Abuse)

Received: July 3, 2017

Returned: July 27, 2017 (Incomplete I360 Application form)

Filed again: July 28, 2017

Received: August 1, 2017

Notice Date: August 4, 2017

Received mail: August 12, 2017

My Name was Updated: August 16, 2017

Previous I-485 Transferred from another office of  Processing: September 1, 2017

Enjoy your long weekend.

Thanks again Hopeful Diva, Sandranj , and Iwillsurvive .

4 hours ago, NICOLA2017 said:

So even though my vawa is still pending they will make a decision? 

No, your vawa has to be approved. The interview is for your i485 based on marriage? 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sandraj or hopeful diva i received this email. I did biometrics on may and interview on august. And yesterday my case status online shows name updated. But this email is confusing me.

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case. 

Receipt Number: EACxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

On August 31, 2017, we updated your name for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number eacxxx_xxxx If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Anyone help me please I got a recent email notification from USCIS that they had issued rfe .. now im worried what would that be as i had sent every single document what i had... God please help me...any idea what it would be..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
1 hour ago, rayofhope said:

Anyone help me please I got a recent email notification from USCIS that they had issued rfe .. now im worried what would that be as i had sent every single document what i had... God please help me...any idea what it would be..

Just come down, lets us know the rfe and we team up ideas to solve it.

When did u file vawa?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
6 hours ago, Polilla said:

Sandraj or hopeful diva i received this email. I did biometrics on may and interview on august. And yesterday my case status online shows name updated. But this email is confusing me.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS 

On August 31, 2017, we updated your name for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number eacxxx_xxxx If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

It might be a mistake or they used your old finger print for background check

6 hours ago, Polilla said:

Why confusing...they updated your name on From I485.

No idea...could be anything.  If anyone suggests that they know what it is they must be psychic or even worse I liar.  All you can do is take a deep breath and wait for the letter to come in the mail.  No sense in stressing yourself at this point because there is absolutely nothing you can do right now.  Good luck and God Bless, david

Timeline

Got a letter in mail today asked documents for my divorce decree , psychological evaluation, shelter docs, police records or restraining order.

my problem is i dont have anything as i was scared of him so didnt call the police and when my aos was denied i went back to my country . and when i am back and filed for vawa after getting support from friends. Now i don't know from where should i get the documents as these should i have collected when it abuse happened after 3 years i won't be able to get any now.... Sandra i need your help badly...😩😩

Timeline

Little correction divorce decree of my first marriage...

22 minutes ago, rayofhope said:

Got a letter in mail today asked documents for my divorce decree , psychological evaluation, shelter docs, police records or restraining order.

my problem is i dont have anything as i was scared of him so didnt call the police and when my aos was denied i went back to my country . and when i am back and filed for vawa after getting support from friends. Now i don't know from where should i get the documents as these should i have collected when it abuse happened after 3 years i won't be able to get any now.... Sandra i need your help badly...😩😩

59 minutes ago, rayofhope said:

Little correction divorce decree of my first marriage...

You should be able to get your divorce decree from the Superior Court where you filed for divorce. Should not be a problem to obtain this. 

Attend at least 5-7 therapy/counseling sessions and have a psychological evaluation written for you at the end. In VAWA Part 8 Sandra explained what needs to be in this, so just read through the entire thread. 

If you were in a shelter, contact the shelter and they can give you documents of your stay. If you were not in a shelter, write down why not. 

If you do not have police records or a restraining order, write down a detailed explanation why not and that should be okay. 

Edited by iwillsurvive

Timeline
5 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

You should be able to get your divorce decree from the Superior Court where you filed for divorce. Should not be a problem to obtain this. 

Attend at least 5-7 therapy/counseling sessions and have a psychological evaluation written for you at the end. In VAWA Part 8 Sandra explained what needs to be in this, so just read through the entire thread. 

If you were in a shelter, contact the shelter and they can give you documents of your stay. If you were not in a shelter, write down why not. 

If you do not have police records or a restraining order, write down a detailed explanation why not and that should be okay. 

Yes as on the day of my aos interview he fighted and said he will not go for interview and it was denied as my father passed away in my country and i was not able to go so got really scared so went back to my country so never went to shelter. I cannot lie about anything what not happened.

5 minutes ago, rayofhope said:

Yes as on the day of my aos interview he fighted and said he will not go for interview and it was denied as my father passed away in my country and i was not able to go so got really scared so went back to my country so never went to shelter. I cannot lie about anything what not happened.

Definitely do not lie. Explain exactly what happened and why you didn't go to a shelter (because you fled to your home country, etc.). 

Timeline

Hi Sandra need your insight in this can you help me write self affidavit again or suggest what should i do please .. what"s your email so that i can send you the details as they have requested for detailed affidavit ...when my husband pushed me many times and i fell down and my previous surgery of back bone started hurting again i cannot stand in one place for two hours even ... as im taking medication on that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.