2,916 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Poupis said:

That’s awkward because on USCIS website on my form i-360 is saying that they sent Request of Adittional Evidence and I got this letter days after the update. 

OK,

then this is the RFE asking for police certificates, and other proof that some people receive when they initially apply for VAWA.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Heism said:

Will the marriage annulment based on the lack of competence and capacity of my us wife affect my vawa case and green card????     Any answers will be appreciated 

Yes,

You need to seek a lawyer about annulment vs divorce

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ziongirl said:

Do you mean those who didn't get the prima facie their case is not strong enough? Am confused cause I never got a prima facie myself it's been 8 months now nothing has happened since they received my case

No

reading the letter

21 hours ago, Poupis said:

Hello folks, I need some help:

Should All RFE come with colorful paper? Like yellow/blue?? Because I got my RFE mail and it is only regular white paper and I always read about yellow or blue paper.

Also, it does not say how many days I have to answer the RFE. In this case, how long should I answer the RFE?

Here is what I got, it is not even asking me to send with the original document, only the copy.

Thanks

IMG_8141.jpg

IMG_7838-1.jpg

Good evening everyone. I posted this yesterday and today I received my EAD + AP. I'm happy! (123 days since my Received date)

I received a RFE (now I'm not sure if it is a RFE or not, but on the website says "Request of Additional Evidence was mailed" and I got those letters couple days after so I imagine that this is a RFE) about one month ago and I DID NOT ANSWER THE RFE YET and today I got the EAD on my mail.

Another important information, the USCIS website DID NOT CHANGE, my i-765 form and i-131 form didn't update. It still saying "case was received". 

Now I'm preparing my documents to answer the RFE (or whatever). I'm sending the police clearance + personal affidavit + family and friends affidavits. 

Here is my timeline so far:

OCTOBER 18/2017: Filled i-360, i-485, i-765, i-131

OCTOBER 23/2017: Received notice from USCIS

NOVEMBER 03/2017: Notice of Action 

DECEMBER 1ST/2017: Biometrics done. (Walk in) I went there 1 week before of my schedule date.

JANUARY 31/2018: Request of Additional Evidence was mailed. (DID NOT ANSWER YET)

FEBRUARY 26/2018: Received EAD + AP on mail. Status didn't change on the website.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
2 hours ago, Poupis said:

Good evening everyone. I posted this yesterday and today I received my EAD + AP. I'm happy! (123 days since my Received date)

I received a RFE (now I'm not sure if it is a RFE or not, but on the website says "Request of Additional Evidence was mailed" and I got those letters couple days after so I imagine that this is a RFE) about one month ago and I DID NOT ANSWER THE RFE YET and today I got the EAD on my mail.

Another important information, the USCIS website DID NOT CHANGE, my i-765 form and i-131 form didn't update. It still saying "case was received". 

Now I'm preparing my documents to answer the RFE (or whatever). I'm sending the police clearance + personal affidavit + family and friends affidavits. 

Here is my timeline so far:

OCTOBER 18/2017: Filled i-360, i-485, i-765, i-131

OCTOBER 23/2017: Received notice from USCIS

NOVEMBER 03/2017: Notice of Action 

DECEMBER 1ST/2017: Biometrics done. (Walk in) I went there 1 week before of my schedule date.

JANUARY 31/2018: Request of Additional Evidence was mailed. (DID NOT ANSWER YET)

FEBRUARY 26/2018: Received EAD + AP on mail. Status didn't change on the website.

It looks like uscis asking you for proof of good moral and good faith marriage

Timeline

Hi everyone.

I'm only starting the process soon, my topic is here

I want to understand what I have to write in my affidavit (or whatever it's called, where I describe our relationship and abuse) - should it look official or it can be diary-like?

I get very emotional when I think about everything that was happening, not sure I can keep it brief and "dry".

Also, should I include what was happening even before we got married or they're gonna be like "why you even got married then"?

Edited by betelgeuse

Timeline

also, how do I leave?

I know that I'm done trying to make our marriage work,  being called fat\lazy\stupid constantly, being forced to work illegally because "I owe him as he lets me live and eat for free in his house"...

But I am afraid that in the last moment I will get cold feet and won't leave. I grew attached to him and we had some good moments too in the beginning.

What is worse, I think he sees that I am tired of this and has been more or less nice to me lately. I know he won't change and it was like that every time I wanted to leave even though I didn't know where I'd go, but then went back to usual days later.

He tricked me into thinking that he wants to try and make it work every time I was ready to give up.

How do I not let those emotions and good memories take over me?

Filed: Timeline

betelgeuse

How do I not let those emotions and good memories take over me?

Start by just writing your story. It does not matter diary form or not just start. From the beginning even before marriage. The good, the bad and the ugly, all of it. The ups and down. The good days when you thought all is well and the bad days when you saw no hope. Tell it all.

Even if things are good now, it does not matter. The stories are still fresh in your head. Start writing NOW. You will cry through it all, you will even smile a little. JUST WRITE! Even if you are not planning to send it in. You know deep down it will not change, please go with that and start your journey out now. Start taking picture if you get bruises caused by your spouse. Those are the easy things to begin with. 

How do I leave?

As far as leaving goes, start checking out the shelters near or far. If you have friends or family that is even better. Just move out, dont over think it.  Also, don't forget to get important documents that will help you file for yourself. When you move out cut out all contact. Dont answer his calls, texts, or email. Your are at that tricky part, wondering where and how to begin the journey. If you focus on yourself and your well being you will make it. Dont worry about your spouse. Only you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, prayandbelieve said:

Hi guys,

I just had my I-485 interview today. It went really well. The officer just went over the questions that were on the application. I got approved on spot. My journey is finally over. I hope by sharing this with you, you all will have more encouragement and hope just like how this site has helped me until this day. Good luck to everyone! 

Where ia your local office??

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, prayandbelieve said:

Hi guys,

I just had my I-485 interview today. It went really well. The officer just went over the questions that were on the application. I got approved on spot. My journey is finally over. I hope by sharing this with you, you all will have more encouragement and hope just like how this site has helped me until this day. Good luck to everyone! 

Congrats,what is your timeline please?thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, prayandbelieve said:

@Blackangel Houston

@Kleenex12 I have posted my timeline on previous posts. Please go back and find it. 

Congrats!! 

Mine was approved on January 17th, but I’m still waiting for my card. 

I hope it can arrive soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.