wanderlust88

Abu Dhabi Embassy Delays - Support Group

1,137 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I got my visa approved IR1 and will be traveling this month. I have a query my passport will expire in Jan 2019 and I am going to US for 3 weeks. My validity on my passport is 4 months. Would I be able to travel??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi guys i hope everyone is good    i viewed almost every discussion you guys had in here i had my interview in abudhabi  on this year on april and after my interview they have given me a form that ds5535 i have filled that i have been in administrative process since end of july i have finished my two monthsit has been 68 days that am in  under administrative process  i am one of the those under the ban travels please guys anyone who is in the same boat with me share with me your journey  am so frustrated  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

@shahnam0716 @wanderlust88  @Mandysahota   please help

After receiving case number from NVC, I completed my DS-160, Medical exam, I-134, paid the fee, Scheduled the Interview on 17th October.

As few days left, I heard about Packet 3 (which is a set of Instruction from Embassy to follow). My attorney already gave that set of instructions to follow after getting the case number. The only missing document is that embassy declare 

that they have received your case from NVC. (My case on CEAC shows "Ready" from In transit since 30-August). I am super concerned that the embassy will send me back without attending the interview. If you guys have any info kindly guide me. I will be thankful.

Regards

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all. Our case was completed at NVC on 9/24/2018 and we have not received an update since. I called and they told me the case is in cue for the next available interview. Would it be a good idea to request NVC to expedite the case? I'm not sure if it would complicate things by doing so. I was really hoping my wife would be able to travel to the US by Jan2019.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2018 at 9:45 PM, AliWaqqas said:

Hi Guys

My documentation was completed in NVC on 01 November 2018. Yet to hear for the Interview, did anyone got Interviews in December or January 2019.

Need help, this is getting really frustrating.

For my experienced. My documents was completed Nov.21,2017 and got interviewed by May 2018. 

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, could you please let me know if Abu Dhabi is still experiencing big delays? I just got my case number and invoice number from the NVC and we've been assigned to Abu Dhabi as we live in Dubai. Would it make sense for me to change to Paris if Abu Dhabi is taking too long? 

It's for a CR1 visa. Thanks in advance for your responses!

1 hour ago, MichaelC said:

Hi everyone, could you please let me know if Abu Dhabi is still experiencing big delays? I just got my case number and invoice number from the NVC and we've been assigned to Abu Dhabi as we live in Dubai. Would it make sense for me to change to Paris if Abu Dhabi is taking too long? 

It's for a CR1 visa. Thanks in advance for your responses!

Someone with cc Feb 20 2019 got interview for 29th April next month. 

NOA1: Feb 13 2018

NOA2: Feb 15 2019

NVC Case Number assigned: Apr 3 2019

NVC IV Fees paid: Apr 5 2019

DS-260 filled: Apr 10 2019

IV Docs submitted: Apr 12 2019

IV Docs resubmitted: May 1 2019

Case complete: may 3 2019

Expedite requested: May 15 2019

Expedite approved: May 23 2019

Case sent to Consulate: May 24 2018

Case status Ready: May 28 2019

Interview date: June 20 2019

Interview status: Approved

• 5 months later...

Hello Everyone,

Congrats to all for getting their cases complete and their visas. My case is in NVC and I am still working on my Affidavit of Support. I have following questions if you experienced people can answer them please:

1. After the case is complete in NVC what is the approximate time to be called for an interview?

2. Can anyone share their interview experience here in Abu Dhabi and how were you managed to prove your domicile?

3. Did the Consular Office asked for the petitioner resignation letter to prove the intent to reestablish domicile in US?

4. Can anyone share their experience here if they were not successful in proving their domicile in an interview?

Please I am looking for your help and your insight is really appreciated. 

Thanks. 

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone, CR1 here.

I'm wondering if Abu Dhabi Embassy is still delayed in giving IL after CC? How many days normally?

We are still waiting for DQ from NVC submitted on Dec 24, 2019.

It's been 5 weeks now and no update. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 1/27/2020 at 4:49 AM, JC&PB said:

Hi Everyone, CR1 here.

I'm wondering if Abu Dhabi Embassy is still delayed in giving IL after CC? How many days normally?

We are still waiting for DQ from NVC submitted on Dec 24, 2019.

It's been 5 weeks now and no update. 

Hey, have you received an update from NVC and found out about timelines in Abu Dhabi?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.