wanderlust88

Abu Dhabi Embassy Delays - Support Group

1,137 posts in this topic

i almost feel like i need a support group for myself and others who are waiting for months at end for an interview date at abu dhabi embassy. i'm not able to plan holidays or travel outside the country because i keep thinking it can be scheduled the next month. last night i had a nightmare about it! it is seriously affecting my peace of mind and my husband's. i'm assuming there are others in the same boat :(

I understand you. I've waited for 5months just for my appointment interview. Im so excited yet nervous. But dont worry you will hear it soon. 

Wanderlust - if you have any major life changing reason to request for an expedite.  Please request for one. 

If not please be prepared for 5-7 month wait from NVC CC

On 8/30/2017 at 7:27 PM, Auds said:

Wanderlust - if you have any major life changing reason to request for an expedite.  Please request for one. 

If not please be prepared for 5-7 month wait from NVC CC

:(:( 

I guess they don't owe the beneficiary anything, but how can they be okay with making a US citizen wait for 1.5-2 years to start living with their spouse? this is not right and does take a big mental and emotional toll on the partners.

Just now, wanderlust88 said:

:(:( 

I guess they don't owe the beneficiary anything, but how can they be okay with making a US citizen wait for 1.5-2 years to start living with their spouse? this is not right and does take a big mental and emotional toll on the partners.

Been the case for about 2 years now.  Abu Dhabi is extremely busy handling others such as Iran interviews etc....

its really terrible - but it is what it is.

19 minutes ago, Auds said:

Been the case for about 2 years now.  Abu Dhabi is extremely busy handling others such as Iran interviews etc....

its really terrible - but it is what it is.

Maybe it's selfish of me to say this but I wish they prioritized UAE citizen and resident applications. We can't apply from anywhere else and are stuck because of backlog from other countries...

11 hours ago, wanderlust88 said:

Maybe it's selfish of me to say this but I wish they prioritized UAE citizen and resident applications. We can't apply from anywhere else and are stuck because of backlog from other countries...

I remember feeling that way too - but do note those from the certain other countries that get interviewed in Abu Dhabi don't have other embassies as an option.

the day I was there out of the 20 groups of immigrant visas that day about 15 to 16 were likely from Iran.

Have you considered requesting an expedite?

12 hours ago, Auds said:

I remember feeling that way too - but do note those from the certain other countries that get interviewed in Abu Dhabi don't have other embassies as an option.

the day I was there out of the 20 groups of immigrant visas that day about 15 to 16 were likely from Iran.

Have you considered requesting an expedite?

Almost two months since my expedite was approved and still nothing :(

I was supposed to go for my regular check up for my medical condition in June and still haven't been able to go.

On 8/29/2017 at 4:32 PM, wanderlust88 said:

i almost feel like i need a support group for myself and others who are waiting for months at end for an interview date at abu dhabi embassy. i'm not able to plan holidays or travel outside the country because i keep thinking it can be scheduled the next month. last night i had a nightmare about it! it is seriously affecting my peace of mind and my husband's. i'm assuming there are others in the same boat :(

I'm with you on this. Actually traveling to Dubai to see my husband next month because I can't wait anymore. Look, I looked and it's seems in the past people who got approved in May had interviews in October or November and June approvals in December or Jan. That's last years numbers so seems the same. 

10/06/2011: Documents sent to Dallas

10/17/2011: Received NOA (dated: 10/14/2011)

11/01/2011: Status change: Testing and Interviewing

12/08/2011: Yellow Letter received (dated: 12/06/2011)

01/06/2012: Status Change!!!: Initial Testing and Interviewing

18 hours ago, ysrmf said:

Almost two months since my expedite was approved and still nothing :(

I was supposed to go for my regular check up for my medical condition in June and still haven't been able to go.

this is very depressing. your timeline says your interview was on 5th September - was that rescheduled?!

35 minutes ago, Tatsi said:

I'm with you on this. Actually traveling to Dubai to see my husband next month because I can't wait anymore. Look, I looked and it's seems in the past people who got approved in May had interviews in October or November and June approvals in December or Jan. That's last years numbers so seems the same. 

December seems like a long way but i hope it's no later than that. I just don't see how they think it is okay to make US citizens wait up to 2 years to live with their spouse. maybe if they had an alternative between the fiance visa and a direct green card, where the bulk of the waiting period is spent by the beneficiary with the spouse in the US, it wouldn't be so bad. but to be separated AND have to wait endlessly is torture.

Just now, wanderlust88 said:

this is very depressing. your timeline says your interview was on 5th September - was that rescheduled?!

December seems like a long way but i hope it's no later than that. I just don't see how they think it is okay to make US citizens wait up to 2 years to live with their spouse. maybe if they had an alternative between the fiance visa and a direct green card, where the bulk of the waiting period is spent by the beneficiary with the spouse in the US, it wouldn't be so bad. but to be separated AND have to wait endlessly is torture.

Oh trust me, thats exactly what ive been thinking even wanted to convince my attorney to expedite the case based on emotional distress. He told me to be patient and unless its an emergency nothing can be done and expedited. Plus all the public holidays in the UAE and US delayed things not to mention that crazy travel ban in the past. All combined and here we are, waiting forever!!! We just have to be patient and think that it will be worth it in the future. I even called NVC again and only wasted my time. I guess we need to try and stay positive although its super hard when you have to wait so long. But you are not alone..we are all here to support 

10/06/2011: Documents sent to Dallas

10/17/2011: Received NOA (dated: 10/14/2011)

11/01/2011: Status change: Testing and Interviewing

12/08/2011: Yellow Letter received (dated: 12/06/2011)

01/06/2012: Status Change!!!: Initial Testing and Interviewing

43 minutes ago, wanderlust88 said:

Since my case was expedited I thought I had to schedule my interview so I did that and went to the embassy only to be turned away because they hadn't sent me the appointment letter yet.

We have had our expedite approved for two months now and still nothing .. four months since our case complete.

The company I was working at was going under so I've quit my job in April and I'm so unsure about whether to take up another job because of this situation.

1 hour ago, Tatsi said:

Oh trust me, thats exactly what ive been thinking even wanted to convince my attorney to expedite the case based on emotional distress. He told me to be patient and unless its an emergency nothing can be done and expedited. Plus all the public holidays in the UAE and US delayed things not to mention that crazy travel ban in the past. All combined and here we are, waiting forever!!! We just have to be patient and think that it will be worth it in the future. I even called NVC again and only wasted my time. I guess we need to try and stay positive although its super hard when you have to wait so long. But you are not alone..we are all here to support 

not that i wish anyone to be in the same distress, but it's comforting to know there are others like me out there!

26 minutes ago, ysrmf said:

Since my case was expedited I thought I had to schedule my interview so I did that and went to the embassy only to be turned away because they hadn't sent me the appointment letter yet.

We have had our expedite approved for two months now and still nothing .. four months since our case complete.

The company I was working at was going under so I've quit my job in April and I'm so unsure about whether to take up another job because of this situation.

terrible to be in limbo like that. perhaps starting a new job may keep you occupied? the other alternative would be to visit your spouse in the US for a few months if you're able to enter.

i'm under my father's sponsorship and my residence visa runs out in february. i won't be able to renew under him as i'm now married, so I'm really hoping and praying that everything is sorted out before that!

19 minutes ago, wanderlust88 said:

not that i wish anyone to be in the same distress, but it's comforting to know there are others like me out there!

terrible to be in limbo like that. perhaps starting a new job may keep you occupied? the other alternative would be to visit your spouse in the US for a few months if you're able to enter.

i'm under my father's sponsorship and my residence visa runs out in february. i won't be able to renew under him as i'm now married, so I'm really hoping and praying that everything is sorted out before that!

I don't have a visit visa for the States :( my husband might visit so there's something to look forward to. 

I'm on my old company's visa so anytime they ask me to cancel I have to .. I'm worried about starting another job because if it's only for a few months.

I'm so stressed :(

5 hours ago, ysrmf said:

I don't have a visit visa for the States :( my husband might visit so there's something to look forward to. 

I'm on my old company's visa so anytime they ask me to cancel I have to .. I'm worried about starting another job because if it's only for a few months.

I'm so stressed :(

You really should get sorted in a couple of weeks.. hugs to you.  The summer must have delayed things more for you.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.