A_F

Indonesia - K1 Interview in Jakarta

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi fellow VJ members,

My fiancee and I are still awaiting the NOA2 (USCIS received i129f 04/10/17; NOA1 04/13/17), and we want to begin prepping ahead of time for the K1 interview. I found this thread specific to Indonesia, but it is from 2007 and there were not any recent replies, and I didn't see any others. I am hoping to find out if the necessary documents and evidence for the Packet 3 have changed or if the info in this thread (see below) is still accurate. Any help from fellow VJ members having gone through the K1 Interview in Indonesia would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by A_F

Timeline

Hello A_F --

First CONGRATS!!! Good luck and enjoy the process of applying for your K-1 visa. It won't be a walk in the park but it's definitely not an impossible undertaking. Do it together and have fun!!

Here's an email from August 2016 that I received from the US embassy in Jakarta in reference of the K1 Visa Interview, I doubt that it has changed drastically since then BUT do not quote me on that. I've posted this in this Indonesian Portal sometime ago but I can totally relate with you as sometime I too am too lazy to dig deep into the many pages of the portal's archive.

Here it is:

U.S. Embassy Jakarta have received the approved I-129F.

Please complete following and submit them to the embassy within 4 months.

1. Passport must be valid for 8 months or more

2. DS-160

3. Birth Certificate

4. Name change Certificate

5. Death or Divorce Decree (if applicable from Petitioner or Beneficiary)

6. Military discharge, arrest, prison, court records; U.S. immigration documents

7. Police Certificate

Each applicant aged 16 or older must have police clearance from any country where the applicant resided for one year or more. Please note Indonesian Police Certificate is not required

8. Original Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from the Petitioner along with supporting evidence:

a. One year U.S. income tax returns 1040 and W-2 (copies are acceptable)

b. Bank statements or proof of assets

c. Letter of employment or job offer

9. Two identical passport size photographs of each applicant

10. Medical Examination result

11. Evidence of relationships (photos, cards, letters, emails, etc. )

12. Receipt for non-refundable K-1 application fee, of USD 265.00, paid in IDR at current exchange rates by cash payment at any CIMB Niaga bank in Indonesia up to six months before your appointment.  Click here for Step By Step Procedure of US Embassy Visa Fee Payment

For each document, the applicant must bring:

· Originals or original certified copies by the issuing office

· Photocopies of the original documents

· All documents should be accompanied by English translations

Please note :medical examination forms are available at the appointed clinic

When forms and documents completed, please send an email JakIV@state.gov to request for an interview date.

Please provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter when communicating with this office.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Jakarta

Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan #5

Jakarta 10110, Indonesia

Email: JakIV@state.gov

Some of the documents mentioned above can be prepared ahead of time, some you have to wait until you received the email from the US embassy. 

VJ website / forum offers MANY informations and solution to different issues / inquiries you will have regarding your application / process but at this stage the most reliable source information for you is the US Embassy in Jakarta. Based on my experience they are INCREDIBLY efficient, helpful and informative. All my email have always been responded within the hour or never later than 24 hours. It always help to have a specific question when contacting the US Embassy. Their email address / contact numbers are listed above in the email (check the US Embassy also incase there are changes). 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further advice / have more questions. 

GOOD LUCK.

J/G

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Yes, the e-mail I received back in 2015 is pretty much identical to what J/G received. The embassy in Jakarta is responsive, and much easier to communicate with than USCIS or NVC

Good luck! 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline
8 hours ago, J/G said:

Hello A_F --

First CONGRATS!!! Good luck and enjoy the process of applying for your K-1 visa. It won't be a walk in the park but it's definitely not an impossible undertaking. Do it together and have fun!!

Here's an email from August 2016 that I received from the US embassy in Jakarta in reference of the K1 Visa Interview, I doubt that it has changed drastically since then BUT do not quote me on that. I've posted this in this Indonesian Portal sometime ago but I can totally relate with you as sometime I too am too lazy to dig deep into the many pages of the portal's archive.

Here it is:

Some of the documents mentioned above can be prepared ahead of time, some you have to wait until you received the email from the US embassy. 

VJ website / forum offers MANY informations and solution to different issues / inquiries you will have regarding your application / process but at this stage the most reliable source information for you is the US Embassy in Jakarta. Based on my experience they are INCREDIBLY efficient, helpful and informative. All my email have always been responded within the hour or never later than 24 hours. It always help to have a specific question when contacting the US Embassy. Their email address / contact numbers are listed above in the email (check the US Embassy also incase there are changes). 

GOOD LUCK.

J/G

8 hours ago, usmsbow said:

Yes, the e-mail I received back in 2015 is pretty much identical to what J/G received. The embassy in Jakarta is responsive, and much easier to communicate with than USCIS or NVC

Good luck! 

Thanks to both of you for the help!

Timeline

Still waiting for my NOA2, but hoping it will come this week...anyways, do you happen to remember what kind of interview questions you were asked and the demeanor of the consular officers @usmsbow and @J/G?

Timeline
2 hours ago, A_F said:

Still waiting for my NOA2, but hoping it will come this week...anyways, do you happen to remember what kind of interview questions you were asked and the demeanor of the consular officers @usmsbow and @J/G?

Hey A_F --

Good luck, I just received my I797C this morning for my AOS (incl. EAD and AP). 

Re: Interview at the Jakarta Embassy, read my review here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=20958

In brief, it was a pretty easy (albeit anxiety ridden) as long as you do your preparation REALLY well. It's a serious / important matter so you do not want come ill-prepared ( i.e. forgetting some documents / photos / whatever ). As I said before it's not impossible but it's not a walk in a park either. 

Read more review of Jakarta Embassy here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Indonesia

Read and re-read the VJ forum, there's always information that will help you. Think of the whole process as if you're preparing for a dissertation. 

All the best,

J/G

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Yeah, I posted my now-wife's review at the link J/G provided. They basically asked her questions about her, our relationship, and me. The interviewer was pleasant and relaxed according to my wife. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

• 11 months later...
Timeline
On 8/14/2017 at 11:27 PM, J/G said:

Hello A_F --

Here it is:

GOOD LUCK.

J/G

Hai. 

I know this is an old post but since it's about Indonesians.. Can anyone please enlighten me on how to get my birth certificate translated? Mine is in Bahasa. Can I translate it myself? 😀 thank you. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, carinap said:

Hai. 

I know this is an old post but since it's about Indonesians.. Can anyone please enlighten me on how to get my birth certificate translated? Mine is in Bahasa. Can I translate it myself? 😀 thank you. 

Hey Carinap,

Yes I translated my birth certificate myself from Bahasa to English for my AOS. Just make sure you also attached AND sign a certificate of translation. Here what I attached with my English translation of BoC:

===================================

CERTIFICATE OF TRANSLATION 

I, __(your name)__, certify that am fluent in the English and Bahasa Indonesia language and that I also certify that the translation of my Indonesian Birth Certificate number No. ________ under the name of __(your name)__ dated __________ originally issued in __(your city)__, Indonesia, is true and accurate to the best of my abilities. 

Your City, Date 2018

(SIGN HERE)

Name: __(your name)__

Address: __(your current US address)__ 

Mobile: __(your current US mobile)__ 

===================================

My AOS went well, no RFE and got my GC in 3 months. Good luck!

J/G

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.