46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@KULtoATL I skyped my mom and she read the letter from USCIS. It basically said the application was rejected due to an outdated form, but it didn't state which form. I can only think of it being the g1145 or g325a since I sent that (but I figure they'd just throw that out since they don't need it?). They also sent all the pics I submitted in my binder in an envelope, all folded. Is there any reason why they did that? They didn't say anything else was wrong, just curious. I completely filled out my I-129f again today directly from the pdf from the USCIS website, so if they reject again, I have no clue what could be wrong. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is not technically an RFE- they are not Requesting Additional Evidence. 

They are returning your entire package and you will have to start over from scratch.

The petitioner will need to sign the NEW I-129F as well as the letters of intent as will the beneficiary. 

There were 3 new I-129F's in the last year alone.

The latest I-129F does NOT require G-325A.

The 2nd edition of the form that came out this year was valid to use until a certain date. August I believe but the issue was the Dallas Lock box folks were not properly informed and 

some of them were rejecting the older form even though it was technically still valid.

I would take the time to make sure you have EVERYTHING correct on your 2nd submission in order to prevent further delays.

If you met on a dating sight be sure to include the Terms of service to satisfy the IMBRA requirement.

Go over the form once complete then have separate person go over it to catch anything you may have missed.

make a copy of the ENTIRE package in even the post office or USCIS loses it.

Send with delivery confirmation so that you are sure they get it.

They would never reject your entire packet for outdated G-1145 that form is just for your assistance so that they can text or email you that they have your case.

Best of luck.

Edited by LabOz

Timeline

@LabOz thank you for supplying me with all of this useful information. They said I only needed you redo the outdated form and then I could send it back? So would I really have to print out new copies of our "intent to marry" and stuff? They didn't write anything on those. Only stamped the check, so we will have to send a new one of those 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

if they returned your letters of intent then no need to redue them..

If they returned the check then you are basically starting over as I said. Did they electronically process the check? I would guess they did not as they are not accepting your package.

What did they stamp on the check just "Homeland security" or something?

I looked at the recent form it actually expires 8/31/2018 Next year.

Just use the latest form per the link the other member provided.

Timeline

@LabOz yes they returned the whole package and said it can be sent back straight away as soon as the form issue is fixed. The check had a big black stamp on it, they didn't process it yet or anything. 

I did have the up to date i-129f that's provided on the USCIS website but I downloaded it again and started over from scratch with it. I also got the up to date e-notification, I'm updating my cover letter and taking out the g-325a forms from my package 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
16 minutes ago, kenmal97 said:

@LabOz yes they returned the whole package and said it can be sent back straight away as soon as the form issue is fixed. The check had a big black stamp on it, they didn't process it yet or anything. 

I did have the up to date i-129f that's provided on the USCIS website but I downloaded it again and started over from scratch with it. I also got the up to date e-notification, I'm updating my cover letter and taking out the g-325a forms from my package 

24 minutes ago, kenmal97 said:

@LabOz thank you for supplying me with all of this useful information. They said I only needed you redo the outdated form and then I could send it back? So would I really have to print out new copies of our "intent to marry" and stuff? They didn't write anything on those. Only stamped the check, so we will have to send a new one of those 

No you don't need to redo those things, only the thing that made them return the package to you. Even the check with the stamp on it is still fine to use again. However, see this as a second chance to review your package again to see if there's anything you would like to add when it comes to proof that you met irl within the last two years etc. If the package is perfect the way it is then just send it back again, with the error fixed.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

4 hours ago, kenmal97 said:

@KULtoATL I skyped my mom and she read the letter from USCIS. It basically said the application was rejected due to an outdated form, but it didn't state which form. I can only think of it being the g1145 or g325a since I sent that (but I figure they'd just throw that out since they don't need it?). They also sent all the pics I submitted in my binder in an envelope, all folded. Is there any reason why they did that? They didn't say anything else was wrong, just curious. I completely filled out my I-129f again today directly from the pdf from the USCIS website, so if they reject again, I have no clue what could be wrong. 

Sorry for the late reply. It was bedtime here :)

As per my original comments, forms are not outdated if they are of the edition accepted (this info is available on the respective forms' page on USCIS website). Don't be too fixated on the expiration date because you have to submit many other USCIS forms in the future so best to focus correctly, which would be on the edition date.

I'm not 100% sure but if you happened to have a proper table of contents listing every form and supporting document that you have enclosed in your petition, they probably couldn't just throw out what you've submitted despite not requiring it/them. Another thing I could think of is whoever who touched your case file was probably quite new or being extra cautious.

After all is said and done, redo your I-129F as planned and review your originally submitted petition. Make sure to have:

- NEW I-129F (only this has to be NEW whilst the rest from your original package)

- G-1145

- $535 filing fee check

-  All required evidences that are outlined in the I-129F instructions sheet on pages 10 to 11

Fingers crossed for you! All the best ;)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline

@KULtoATL Don't worry, you've been so much help! I listed everything that's included in my petition on my cover photo and listed it in the exact order that everything is in. I've gotten everything sorted today and going to send it to my mom tomorrow :) and she's going to get the check sorted out for me again. One more thing, should we send the check that they stamped back to them with the new check as well or leave that out? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kenmal97 said:

@KULtoATL Don't worry, you've been so much help! I listed everything that's included in my petition on my cover photo and listed it in the exact order that everything is in. I've gotten everything sorted today and going to send it to my mom tomorrow :) and she's going to get the check sorted out for me again. One more thing, should we send the check that they stamped back to them with the new check as well or leave that out? 

The old check is still valid, send it. If you send both your application will be rejected again because of wrong fee.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

7 minutes ago, kenmal97 said:

What Scandi said below :yes:

4 minutes ago, Scandi said:

The old check is still valid, send it. If you send both your application will be rejected again because of wrong fee.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

@kenmal97 On a lighter note, consider updating your VJ timeline so that other members could provide you with better and appropriate answers at other times :) 

Timeline

I think we sent exactly the same forms as you have described and we are June filers - ie we sent the G-325A forms along with the new I-129F form (to be safe) and the G-1145 e-notification form which is expired but it is still the current download from the USCIS website.

Our check was however cashed and we received an NOA1 SMS message and letter.

So I'm intrigued to know why you got it returned for an 'outdated form'

- What date did you send your original application in?

- Did you receive an SMS message with a WAC number included?

Timeline

@June2017UK I sent my application on July 31 from the UK, and my mom received it back at her house this last Saturday. I can't understand how we sent the same exact forms yet mine got rejected and sent back to fix the issue??? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, kenmal97 said:

@June2017UK I sent my application on July 31 from the UK, and my mom received it back at her house this last Saturday. I can't understand how we sent the same exact forms yet mine got rejected and sent back to fix the issue??? 

'Maybe' you got a new officer at Texas Lockbox who saw the G-1145 expiry date and rejected it? 

Perhaps attach a sticky note to the expired form when you send it again and explain that you're aware it's expired but it is current form available on the USCIS website at the time of filing?

All the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.