2,746 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Caterpillar8 said:

Hopefully they will fix the case number issue soon. There are still people in early feb approved waiting for it!

We have to keep in mind the whole process with NVC gonna take 8 weeks if there is no checklist & after they will schedule an interview. 

IR-1 - Nebraska Service Center - Embassy - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

• 08/08/2017 - Sent I-130 Application
  • 08/11/2017 - I-130 Accepted
  • 08/11/2017 -  NOA-1 via Email
  • 02/28/2018 - I-130 Approved
  • 03/06/2018 - Case Sent to NVC
  • 03/14/2018 - Package Received By NVC
  • 04/21/2018 - Case Assigned & Invoice ID
  • 04/24/2018 - Filed DS 261
  • 04/26/2018 - Welcome Letter Received
  • 04/30/2018 - AOS fee status - PAID
  • 05/01/2018 - IV fee status - PAID
  • 05/02/2018 - Completed DS-260
  • 05/07/2018 - Documents Mailed to NVC
  • 05/10/2018 - NVC Received Documents ( SD )
  • 05/15/2018 - Case Completed - ( CC )
  • 06/01/2018 - Interview Schedule For 07/08/2018
  • 07/08/2018 - VISA APPROVED

___________________________________________________________________________________

2 minutes ago, MR-SAUDI said:

We have to keep in mind the whole process with NVC gonna take 8 weeks if there is no checklist & after they will schedule an interview. 

8 weeks only? Don’t they send checklist to everybody?  Explain more on that. I thought 4-5 months at NVC and after Enbassy interview. 8 weeks is 2 months. I am talking about from Case Number to case complete (waiting for interview notice 8 weeks?)

Edited by Caterpillar8

8 weeks only? Don’t they send checklist to everybody?  Explain more on that. I thought 4-5 months at NVC and after Enbassy interview. 8 weeks is 2 months. I am talking about from Case Number to case complete (waiting for interview notice 8 weeks?)

I mean the first checklist everyone gonna get, In case there is an issue with documents of AOS, then they will send 2nd checklist that's going to make late.

If your case will PIVOT ( which means that you have to upload everything online to CEAC server), your case number will issue in 2 to 3 months.

If your case, not PIVOT then our case number will issue in 3 to 5 week as I got information after my approval according to the situation right now in NVC.

I can't say 100% sure, but this information is from an official who is currently working on cases.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Just now, MR-SAUDI said:

I mean the first checklist everyone gonna get, In case there is an issue with documents of AOS, then they will send 2nd checklist that's going to make late.

If your case will PIVOT ( which means that you have to upload everything online to CEAC server), your case number will issue in 2 to 3 months.

If your case, not PIVOT then our case number will issue in 3 to 5 week as I got information after my approval according to the situation right now in NVC.

I can't say 100% sure, but this information is from an official who is currently working on cases.

Mine is non PIVOT case for sure! I got to mail everything to NVC I believe. So you think Case complete 8 weeks after Case Number received if no second checklist needed? (So no extra supporting documents)

2nd checklist is when somebody is missing to include a supporting document I think. I am right now gathering all the docs so I won’t need a 2nd checklist hopefully.

Exactly, you are right.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
32 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

I hope it is 3-5 weeks for case number. It is 4 weeks after NVC received my case and still no case number. And I am not a pivot case! 

Waiting on mine too Friday will make 1 month my lawyer called nvc yesterday and was told it’s now taking 8 weeks to get case number :( and my case isn’t pivot 

9 minutes ago, crissyfisher said:

Waiting on mine too Friday will make 1 month my lawyer called nvc yesterday and was told it’s now taking 8 weeks to get case number :( and my case isn’t pivot 

Yeah they said the same to us too...

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

Yeah they said the same to us too...

Hope you’ll get ur case number soon don’t think it’s really going to take that long but hope not

Timeline
16 hours ago, Caterpillar8 said:

I don't think they work country by country. I have seen my approved on February 28 (last day of February) and my PD is August 9 with NOA1 August 14! I noticed many (but not all) were approved on February 28 and I think on that specific date they were approving easy petitions perhaps with good bona-fide relationship supporting documents, nice assembled package, documents in order and whatsoever but I also think it's based on the agent working on it. Some agents are faster some others slower. I am noticing there are several early August from Nebraska and even other Service Centers that are still waiting to get approved. Yes, I also think if you come from a country with high red flags then they check more. But all of these are just allegations, rumours, assumptions, nobody here is working for USCIS so just making guesses. Mine was pretty straightforward approved on Feb. 28, sent to NVC on March 9 and received by NVC on March 15th and obviously no case number and won't see it most likely until mid-April. I am lucky though since I don't have to do "choice of agent" whick takes almost a week so when they give me case number the "choice of agent" will be already filled out and I just need to pay fees and go to AOS.

How will u know when ur case is received by nvc? Normal mail? Because my case was approved last week and my wife was never contacted by email n the receipt number has never worked

@Jer1234 You have to keep calling NVC. Has your case been sent to NVC? Your case number should work now on USCIS. If it says it’s been sent to Department of State, it’s on its way to NVC.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jer1234 said:

How will u know when ur case is received by nvc? Normal mail? Because my case was approved last week and my wife was never contacted by email n the receipt number has never worked

You have to call them to find out that’s what I did 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.