autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would highly encourage EVERYONE in this forum to read this article and perhaps that will help us to understand why some cases take so long which in this case is something good. Unfortunately cases like this happen more frequently than we really believe, it is sad because it end up affecting all of us who have a true and loving relationship. 

https://www.click2houston.com/news/investigates/looking-deeper-marriage-immigration-and-the-american-citizen

Edited by T_P

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, T_P said:

I would just sit back and relax....you are WAY ahead than many of us here...you card will arrive most likely some time thins month.  

I just got my notification last night the card is being mailed. I got my approval on the 9th,  FYI, the 10th was a federal holiday, UCIS didn’t work. The mail did not run on Saturday. My husband got the approval letter either Monday or Tuesday. 

On 11/14/2017 at 3:52 AM, Stephanie B said:

My husband received his approval notices for the EAD and AP yesterday.  Does anyone know when the card will arrive?

When did you 

On 11/14/2017 at 3:52 AM, Stephanie B said:

My husband received his approval notices for the EAD and AP yesterday.  Does anyone know when the card will arrive?

When did you submit yours ? Thank you for answering coz I️ am traveling before Christmas and I️ submitted mine October 31

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Madmax said:

When did you 

When did you submit yours ? Thank you for answering coz I️ am traveling before Christmas and I️ submitted mine October 31

We submitted his  AOS, EAD and AP on August 24th. If you submitted yours in October I don’t think it will arrive by Christmas since some people that submitted before us have not received their EAD/AP, but anything is possible.

Edited by Stephanie B
Spelling

AOS from K1

Delivered Aug 24

Recieved text notifications Aug 29

1 hour ago, Cawain said:

I just got my notification last night the card is being mailed. I got my approval on the 9th,  FYI, the 10th was a federal holiday, UCIS didn’t work. The mail did not run on Saturday. My husband got the approval letter either Monday or Tuesday. 

Thanks, Cawain. Did you get separate notifications for 'Card in production' and 'Card has been mailed'? I only ask because I've heard sometimes it gets stuck at the 'card in production' phase for 30 days...

I forgot that the 10th was a holiday, so technically it's only been a couple of working days since getting the initial update. That makes me feel better!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Rose_3001 said:

Thanks, Cawain. Did you get separate notifications for 'Card in production' and 'Card has been mailed'? I only ask because I've heard sometimes it gets stuck at the 'card in production' phase for 30 days...

I forgot that the 10th was a holiday, so technically it's only been a couple of working days since getting the initial update. That makes me feel better!

I got both, I got the production email on the 9th and last night I got the it was mailed yesterday. 

My PD is Aug 14, put a sr through phone on Nov 1st for my EAD and it still hasn’t been assigned yet.. I contacted my congressman yesterday and they suggested to wait 30 days to get a response...

Filed: Other Timeline
7 minutes ago, JackUrban said:

Hey guys, so I have “good” news.

Yesterday I called the USCIS hotline and talked to an officer which told me there is still no update on my EAD. Then I asked about my AOS status and she said that they are currently working on cases of January 2017 so I shouldn’t expect a status change soon.

Fortunately tonight even tho I haven’t received any update about my expedite for my EAD, my status for my AOS has changed directly from “fingerprint fee received” to “interview scheduled”.

My interview is gonna be in 4 weeks. I’m super exited and nervous at the same time.

I made an appointment at the local office a few weeks ago to get more information about my EAD expedite which would be tomorrow morning. 

Here is my question. Should I still go to the appointment and find out if I get an EAD card or just cancel it and wait for the interview and the real GC?

Does anyone else who is adjusting from B1/B2 have a scheduled interview already?

Congratulations JackUrban! I am happy for you. I  am adjusting from B1/B2 and still no interview update. Regarding your EAD appointment I thing you should still go - at this point you have nothing to loose if you get your GC before EAD or vice versa. I would go.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
3 hours ago, Rose_3001 said:

Hi all,

I finally got a case update last week (November 8th) - the AP/EAD applications were approved!

On November 8, 2017, we approved your Form I-131, Application For USCIS Travel Document, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx. We will mail your approval notice. 

However, since then nothing has changed, no 'card in production', no 'card has been mailed' etc. Anyone also been through this and knows how long it takes for the status to update again?

Many thanks - just looking for some reassurance or advice if I need to chase this up.

Ours changed from approved on Nov 9th to card was mailed to me on Nov 14th.

AOS from K1

Delivered Aug 24

Recieved text notifications Aug 29

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Texasfiler said:

Congratulations JackUrban! I am happy for you. I  am adjusting from B1/B2 and still no interview update. Regarding your EAD appointment I thing you should still go - at this point you have nothing to loose if you get your GC before EAD or vice versa. I would go.

Ok thanks. Ya you’re probably right. I have nothing to lose. ;)

I hope you get an update soon too. 🤞🏼

May 20th: we got married 

August 7: I130, I131, I485, I765 via USPS to Chicago lockbox 

August 10: package arrived

August 10: priority date 

August 16: checks cashed 

August 17: received notification via text and email

August 22: received NOA’S

August 25: received biometrics appointment

Sept 5: Biometrics done

Oct 10: submitted expedite

Oct 17: faxed job offer

Nov 14: interview scheduled

Dec 19: interview 

Dec 19: Interview done

Dec 19: Approved and temporary stamp in passport

Jan 1: Green Card received in mailbox

Jun 19 2019: ROC

Hello guys

quick question

After ( ready to be scheduled for interview) when do you usually receive interview appointment ? 

Edited by Chloe 2015

On 11/14/2017 at 9:13 AM, T_P said:

Morning folks....hope everyone is having a blessed day and I just want to share something I found interesting and that can help us to relax and wait for our docs meaning that USCIS status is not always accurate;

image.png.5107e7bd555949bfd25c7b11f183cbc2.png

So hanging there people and soon we all will be working, other than that, enjoy your day, family and friends. Life wont stop....

Thanks for sharing! 

From experience the status online doesn’t change for a lot for people and I’m one of them! 

I️ got an update about my case through talking to a USCIS officer! 

Edited by Chloe 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Chloe 2015 said:

Thanks for sharing! 

From experience the status online doesn’t change for a lot for people and I’m one of them! 

I️ got an update about my case through talking to a USCIS officer! 

Hey.. could you please send me the phone number that you called ?

Thanks !! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.