Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,518 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

Any March 2017 filers in here? Just wondering if there was progress. 

I am a March filer. I have been in line for in interview for the past 140 days. Not much progress really.

Edited by Yuliya Lipina

1 hour ago, Yuliya Lipina said:

I am a March filer. I have been in line for in interview for the past 140 days. Not much progress really.

I was hoping we would see you move this week to make it a 7.5 month turnaround at best but I do think it will be soon. It's gotta move ! 

4 hours ago, cupcake123 said:

I'm a very late March filer but have been in line for ~150 days and haven't heard anything.  Really hoping it's soon!

I really hope it's soon for you as well!! Fingers crossed this month brings movement for March filers. 

My  husband hasn't even hit 90 days in line yet. Such a long and frustrating process. 

My cousin applied in 2014 and it only took him 6 months total. 

Edited by Steelers1020

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/5/2017 at 9:50 AM, Waitinggame16 said:

Going by our monthly threads it seems like there is a slow down again in progress. 

It was running at about 6.5 months to now but between Feb and March filers it's seemed to have slowed down (or people just haven't updated yet) . 

Im a May filer and was just hopefully that I'd be done by year end but I'm starting to doubt that. Anyone else from Chicago feeling frustrated or have any positive stories other that what I'm seeing here? I've a terminally ill family member back in Europe , and when I requested an expedite I was declined. 

Chicago Filed Office Filer here, and i cannot call my story a positive story. i will right my timeline so you have an idea how slow they are. (chicago filed office)

August 6, 2016 - Submitted my N400 application

September 2, 2016 - Biometric (Very Fast)

May 2, 2017 - interview (chicago)

May 5, 2017 - application approved? they put me in the que to be scheduled for my otah taking ceremony

September 28, 2017 - still waiting for the notice. called USCIS # and they said that its up to the chicago field office when they are going to schedule my Oath taking. just check the processing time and they are now working for December 2016 filer? wondering where is mine? i am August 2016 filer.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Heidy1980 said:

Chicago Filed Office Filer here, and i cannot call my story a positive story. i will right my timeline so you have an idea how slow they are. (chicago filed office)

August 6, 2016 - Submitted my N400 application

September 2, 2016 - Biometric (Very Fast)

May 2, 2017 - interview (chicago)

May 5, 2017 - application approved? they put me in the que to be scheduled for my otah taking ceremony

September 28, 2017 - still waiting for the notice. called USCIS # and they said that its up to the chicago field office when they are going to schedule my Oath taking. just check the processing time and they are now working for December 2016 filer? wondering where is mine? i am August 2016 filer.

Timeline
Just now, cupcake123 said:

I thought you could file suit after 120 days past your interview if you hadn't heard anything?  Have you tried info pass appointment?  

So if @GoChicago as a late Frb filer , seems to be the last person we have a record of being interviewed , what is going on? I know we aren't the only people waiting in Chicago but has it all stalled? It seems crazy that there seems to be nothing since late Feb! 

@Heidy1980 I would definitely get legal advice or speak to your congress representative 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Waitinggame16 said:

So if @GoChicago as a late Frb filer , seems to be the last person we have a record of being interviewed , what is going on? I know we aren't the only people waiting in Chicago but has it all stalled? It seems crazy that there seems to be nothing since late Feb! 

@Heidy1980 I would definitely get legal advice or speak to your congress representative 

i already contacted my congresman's legal representative and he called them yesterday. he send me a message today and he is still waiting for them for the inquiry he made. i hope i will hear anything from them this week. i am still crossing my finger and still waiting patiently.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, cupcake123 said:

I thought you could file suit after 120 days past your interview if you hadn't heard anything?  Have you tried info pass appointment?  

i did schedule my info pass and that is going to be this wednesday (Oct 3) i hope they will give me a good news (answer). ive been patiently waiting and trying to understand them. contacted my congressman's representative and he contacted them already. hope hearing from them soon

Timeline
4 hours ago, Heidy1980 said:

i did schedule my info pass and that is going to be this wednesday (Oct 3) i hope they will give me a good news (answer). ive been patiently waiting and trying to understand them. contacted my congressman's representative and he contacted them already. hope hearing from them soon

We'll be crossing our fingers for you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, Waitinggame16 said:

That's what I noticed too! February people have already got through the interviews and March filers haven't even got any notices about interviews being scheduled. Probably N-400 cases are not the priority or USCIS Chicago office has already met its unofficial quota for this type of cases. I say unofficial because I am sure agency prioritizes by the case type as well.

50 minutes ago, Yuliya Lipina said:

That's what I noticed too! February people have already got through the interviews and March filers haven't even got any notices about interviews being scheduled. Probably N-400 cases are not the priority or USCIS Chicago office has already met its unofficial quota for this type of cases. I say unofficial because I am sure agency prioritizes by the case type as well.

Ugh that would be our luck that they met the quota and have moved on to other visa types or something ! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi all, just found the Chicago thread. My wife filed online (since that's now an option) in July 2017, with ROC still pending (since August 2016).

For biometrics, we learned that the Broadway service center recently closed (boo! It was super close, just a couple of stops on the L, whereas the Norridge one is a PITA to get to on public transit). Yesterday, Sept 28, she already got notified that an interview has been scheduled, and that a PDF with the interview date should be showing up in the online portal soon. Given the backlog for N-400 cases in Chicago, this seems way too good to be true, and we'll believe it when we see it... Good luck to all who are processing through the Chicago office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.