Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,518 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

@Waitinggame16 I guess Chicago office is getting to the bottom of the list in terms of processing anything fast. It's pretty frustrating especially when you can see offices in large cities like New York or San Francisco working much faster. Bottom line a lot of filers in that office are stuck for good. :wacko:

10 hours ago, Yuliya Lipina said:

@Waitinggame16 I guess Chicago office is getting to the bottom of the list in terms of processing anything fast. It's pretty frustrating especially when you can see offices in large cities like New York or San Francisco working much faster. Bottom line a lot of filers in that office are stuck for good. :wacko:

I'm hoping you guys from March at least get an interview letter in the next couple of weeks but I've stopped worrying too much now. We are in the system at least 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Waitinggame16 said:

I'm hoping you guys from March at least get an interview letter in the next couple of weeks but I've stopped worrying too much now. We are in the system at least 

Thank you! We are in the system that's true. Now we just need to adjust the expectations:)

Hi everyone. Just came across this thread. My husband is a May 2017 filer so I really don't expect an interview until Nov or Dec. I just saw how some of you from 2016 just interviewed!! I didn't expect that long of a delay. 

My brother-in-law is a Feb 2017 filer and he still doesn't have a interview. 

Edited by Steelers1020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

Hi everyone. Just came across this thread. My husband is a May 2017 filer so I really don't expect an interview until Nov or Dec. I just saw how some of you from 2016 just interviewed!! I didn't expect that long of a delay. 

This latest update on a Feb filer not having an interview yet makes me anxious!  I thought we were just waiting on the first March filers to get scheduled:(.  I just posted my latest updates on what I've learned on my case in the March filers thread.  Would love all of your thoughts on this:

My green card expired last week and I have some international travel coming up.   I had filed an I-90 renewal 3-4 weeks prior to n400 filing just to cover myself but now I find myself with an expired green card, and no interview date scheduled  for naturalization.  I set up the info pass appt with my field office (Chicago) to inquire about documentation needed for international travel given the expired green card (I already had an extension sticker on the back till December '17 but wasn't sure if I needed more).  I also inquired about my naturalization case and received the following info:

• Background check cleared.
  • Case is still at NBC and hasn't been transferred to chicago office for interview scheduling
  • I was anxious about the fact that my case hadn't been transferred to the field office yet since I had been "in line" to be scheduled for an interview since April 27th. 
  • IO indicated that sometimes the NBC schedules the appointments at the field office for Chicago.  He told me that their scheduling is usually quicker

I'm not sure what to make of this feedback given the longer timeframes I've seen or heard from other posters in other cities whose cases took longer in being being transferred to field offices.

Thoughts on what to make of this information?

21 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

This is concerning for sure that he doesn't have an interview! Was he late February filer? Clear bg check and just sitting in line?

I'm hoping now summer is over, somehow things will speed up. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Waitinggame16 said:

This is concerning for sure that he doesn't have an interview! Was he late February filer? Clear bg check and just sitting in line?

I am not hopeful about Chicago. It looks like they are still processing February for interviews. That means March filers are not likely to finish their naturalization this year. It's frustrating to say the least.

On 9/8/2017 at 2:04 PM, Waitinggame16 said:

I'm not sure of my brother-in-laws exact filing date but it was late Feb and he had fingerprints in 3rd week of March. Beyond that I don't know much about his case. 

It's so frustrating! Some people finish the whole process in 5-6 months. 

Timeline
On September 9, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Yuliya Lipina said:

I am not hopeful about Chicago. It looks like they are still processing February for interviews. That means March filers are not likely to finish their naturalization this year. It's frustrating to say the least.

Does anyone know when the next update of processing dates will occur on the sites?  At one point, it looked like the processing dates were updated every 2 weeks, but haven't seen an update since August 16 for the Chicago local field office.  I figure updated processing times would give us an indication of whether there's been a slow-down.

8 hours ago, cupcake123 said:

Does anyone know when the next update of processing dates will occur on the sites?  At one point, it looked like the processing dates were updated every 2 weeks, but haven't seen an update since August 16 for the Chicago local field office.  I figure updated processing times would give us an indication of whether there's been a slow-down.

I think it should be any day now. I remember reading somewhere it's around the 15th every month . I feel like it is going to torture me more to see it slow down more 

Timeline
Just now, sevimli said:

Has anyone planning to do an early walk-in in Chicago Ucsis centers for their biometrics?

Hi there,

I did an early biometrics in Chicago and had no issues.  I also went early biometrics for my green card renewal when I did that as well.  I had no issues either time.  I went in the afternoon and it wasn't busy either time so that may have helped.  For n400, I was scheduled for biometrics on April 26 or 27 (forget now), and went in on April 17th.  I ended up being placed inline for interview to be scheduled  on April 27th close to the original date of biometrics.

Hope that helps!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, cupcake123 said:

Hi there,

I did an early biometrics in Chicago and had no issues.  I also went early biometrics for my green card renewal when I did that as well.  I had no issues either time.  I went in the afternoon and it wasn't busy either time so that may have helped.  For n400, I was scheduled for biometrics on April 26 or 27 (forget now), and went in on April 17th.  I ended up being placed inline for interview to be scheduled  on April 27th close to the original date of biometrics.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!! I did for my GC 5 years ago :) ,but some posts here states the center are now not very welcoming walk-ins ... 

Which one did you go? On Broadway, Pulaski or Norridge?

Timeline
Just now, sevimli said:

Thanks!! I did for my GC 5 years ago :) ,but some posts here states the center are now not very welcoming walk-ins ... 

Which one did you go? On Broadway, Pulaski or Norridge?

I went to the one on Broadway and I believe I went around between 2 and 3 pm both times.  So well enough after the lunch time rush, and well in advance of closing.  It's possible that I got lucky; however, they were so friendly and didn't seem to mind that I showed up early.  I guess it couldn't hurt you try it ... unless of course, you live really far away.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.