Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, AK_2014 said:

Hi all, just found the Chicago thread. My wife filed online (since that's now an option) in July 2017, with ROC still pending (since August 2016).

For biometrics, we learned that the Broadway service center recently closed (boo! It was super close, just a couple of stops on the L, whereas the Norridge one is a PITA to get to on public transit). Yesterday, Sept 28, she already got notified that an interview has been scheduled, and that a PDF with the interview date should be showing up in the online portal soon. Given the backlog for N-400 cases in Chicago, this seems way too good to be true, and we'll believe it when we see it... Good luck to all who are processing through the Chicago office.

That's awesome! I hope it's true and your wife will get her letter soon. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, AK_2014 said:

Hi all, just found the Chicago thread. My wife filed online (since that's now an option) in July 2017, with ROC still pending (since August 2016).

For biometrics, we learned that the Broadway service center recently closed (boo! It was super close, just a couple of stops on the L, whereas the Norridge one is a PITA to get to on public transit). Yesterday, Sept 28, she already got notified that an interview has been scheduled, and that a PDF with the interview date should be showing up in the online portal soon. Given the backlog for N-400 cases in Chicago, this seems way too good to be true, and we'll believe it when we see it... Good luck to all who are processing through the Chicago office.

This is wonderful!  Keep us all posted as this is the only movement we've heard of since the February filers received their interview dates.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Well, it's apparently official: PDF interview notice says Nov 2. It feels a bit unfair to have "jumped the queue" like this (filed online in mid-July 2017). The ways of USCIS are not for mere mortals like us to fathom. Sending everyone speedy wishes for the Chicago office!

43 minutes ago, AK_2014 said:

Well, it's apparently official: PDF interview notice says Nov 2. It feels a bit unfair to have "jumped the queue" like this (filed online in mid-July 2017). The ways of USCIS are not for mere mortals like us to fathom. Sending everyone speedy wishes for the Chicago office!

It's ok. We wish you well and it's still good to see people move forward! 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, AK_2014 said:

just got update from ELIS myaccount that they already mail my Oath taking notice. after 150+ days i finally see the light in the tunnel. hope you  guys will have a speedy processing. goodluck!

11 hours ago, Heidy1980 said:

just got update from ELIS myaccount that they already mail my Oath taking notice. after 150+ days i finally see the light in the tunnel. hope you  guys will have a speedy processing. goodluck!

Great news!!!! Congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 9/29/2017 at 9:13 PM, Heidy1980 said:

Congrats 

We're finally seeing some movement. I just noticed an update on the March filers forum. Someone who filed on 3/9 just received their interview letter :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, peachlings said:

We're finally seeing some movement. I just noticed an update on the March filers forum. Someone who filed on 3/9 just received their interview letter :D

I just saw this as well.  There is hope! I filed at the end of March and my NOA is April 7 so I'm sure I have a while to go but I bet I'll  be checking my mailbox and online case status daily now.

On 9/29/2017 at 3:52 PM, AK_2014 said:

That's fantastic! Gives us all hope. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.