Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greg C said:

Oath Ceremony Scheduled for January 4, 2022.

Timeline:

Submitted:

Sunday 03/07/2021

Biometrics Reuse:

Sunday 03/07/2021

Interview Scheduled:

Thursday 10/21/2021

Interview Letter Delivered:

Thursday 10/28/2021

Interview:

Monday 11/29/2021

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled:

Monday 11/29/2021

Oath Ceremony Scheduled:

Thursday 12/16/2021

Oath Ceremony:

Tuesday 01/04/2022

Congratulations that was fast, hopefully I’m next  in line, a week after you lol

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Lady_L said:

My oath ceremony was scheduled for January 4th wo hoo!

Interview on Nov 10th, but approved on Nov 30th. This makes it 6 weeks on the dot after approval for the ceremony date. 

What time and is it 219 dearborn federal courthouse in downtown?

Timeline

Just got Oath scheduled on my online account heres the timeline:

Submitted:

03/21/2021

Biometrics:

06/08/2021

Interview Scheduled:

10/26/2021

Interview:

12/06/2021

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled:

12/6/2021

Oath Ceremony Scheduled:

12/28/2021

Oath Ceremony:

01/12/2022

Is there anyone who is scheduled for an interview? I applied on March 24th and am still waiting for an interview. Are they making any brake in scheduling appointments or something? I didn’t see a long time in this post someone is scheduled for interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately I’ve tested positive for COVID and my oath ceremony was scheduled for this upcoming Tuesday, January 4th. I’m going to call today, but does anyone here know how long it typically takes to receive a new oath date and how far out new oath dates typically are after a COVID cancellation?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Interview on 12/13/2021. 

Oath Scheduled Update: 12/29/2021 For 1/12/2022

Oath De-Scheduled: 12/29/2021

Oath will be-Scheduled: 12/29/2021

Don't know whats going on!!!

8 hours ago, spicyguy said:

Interview on 12/13/2021. 

Oath Scheduled Update: 12/29/2021 For 1/12/2022

Oath De-Scheduled: 12/29/2021

Oath will be-Scheduled: 12/29/2021

Don't know whats going on!!!

Thats weird.
Did you give them a call to see what this means? 

Spoiler

My own N400:

• Feb 4: applied online
  • July 9: notice for biometrics 
  • August 3: biometrics done
  • October 1: notice for interview - online 
  • November 9: interview, approval recommendation, placed in line for oath ceremony 
  • November 22: notice for oath - online
  • December 8: oath ceremony 

My wife's case

Old Category: F21

Emailed NVC on Dec 18, 2021

New Category (on Dec 28, 2021): IR1

Application priority date (I 130): 03/23/2018

USCIS Approval: 08/09/2019

Welcome Letter: 10/15/2019

Submission to NVC: 02/03/2020

I-864 Rejected (minor error): 03/09/2020

Resubmission: 03/09/2020

DQ'ed: 06/19/2020 (100 days of second time)

Expedite Request NVC: 03/03/2022

Expedite Approval NVC: 03/04/2022 (15 hours)

Status Update: At NVC 03/04/2022

Expedited Approval Email: 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 2: In Transit 03/08/2022

CEAC Update 3: Ready 03/15/2022

CEAC Update 4: Ready 04/02/2022 (document uploaded)

CEAC Update 5: Ready 04/06/2022 

CEAC Update 6: Ready 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 7: Administrative Process 04/07/2022

CEAC Update 8: Issued 04/08/2022

Email from Embassy for scheduling an interview: 03/16/2022

Medical Exam: 03/25/2022

Interview (scheduled by applicant): 04/07/2022

Visa Issued: 04/08/2022

Visa Pickup: 04/11/2022

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just in case anyone has this issue in the future regarding testing positive for COVID ahead of an oath ceremony:

Oath scheduled for Tuesday, January 4th. Did not receive positive test result until Friday, December 31st - unable to call USCIS as instructed on notice because they were closed for the New Year holiday. Called Monday, January 3rd - there's no specific process for reporting that you have COVID as they make it appear on notice, the person on the phone tells you to mail a letter explaining why you are unable to attend your oath ceremony along with a copy of your N-445 notice to your field office.

Obviously, since I was informed of this only the day before my scheduled oath ceremony, they did not receive my letter before the oath. MyUSCIS account updated on January 5th (the day after scheduled oath) to say "You did not appear for your scheduled oath ceremony," and then "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled." Thankfully I'm back in line right away regardless of them not receiving my letter, but I do imagine someone needs to go back in to "excuse" the COVID absence after-the-fact since on the notice it states that there is no penalty for not attending due to illness. Hopefully that doesn't matter since I don't see anything preventing me from attending the newly scheduled oath ceremony. Will provide updates!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greg C said:

Just in case anyone has this issue in the future regarding testing positive for COVID ahead of an oath ceremony:

Oath scheduled for Tuesday, January 4th. Did not receive positive test result until Friday, December 31st - unable to call USCIS as instructed on notice because they were closed for the New Year holiday. Called Monday, January 3rd - there's no specific process for reporting that you have COVID as they make it appear on notice, the person on the phone tells you to mail a letter explaining why you are unable to attend your oath ceremony along with a copy of your N-445 notice to your field office.

Obviously, since I was informed of this only the day before my scheduled oath ceremony, they did not receive my letter before the oath. MyUSCIS account updated on January 5th (the day after scheduled oath) to say "You did not appear for your scheduled oath ceremony," and then "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled." Thankfully I'm back in line right away regardless of them not receiving my letter, but I do imagine someone needs to go back in to "excuse" the COVID absence after-the-fact since on the notice it states that there is no penalty for not attending due to illness. Hopefully that doesn't matter since I don't see anything preventing me from attending the newly scheduled oath ceremony. Will provide updates!

Similar thing.... I told during the interview that I would be traveling during mid Jan and not to schedule anything during that time. The officer made a note on my application during the interview.

However,  they DID schedule during that time and sent an appointment notice for Oath ceremony. I called them to reschedule and she said I need to send a mail to the local office to re-schedule. I guess its going to meet the same fate as yours. They may never even open my mail, and will re-schedule. :-(. Disorganized and disconnected..

Hi, I have been waiting for 2.5 months for an update on oath ceremony since my N-400 interview. Interview was very smooth , I was informed that I should expect a letter in 30 days . Also informed that decision can’t be made because it needs to be ran by supervisor. I did ask for a name change (dropped middle name) , any advice? Thoughts ? How much more time? Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.