jenni and sami

HELP Please! AOS Transferred to California - What about AP???!!!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of applying for AOS. We have a receipt date of 6th February, then received an RFE for 2006 tax returns. Now we have received a notice that my case has been transferred to California 'in order to speed up processing'.

Does anyone know what this means in terms of AP and/or EAD, are these transferred to California too? I'm concerned because we were hoping to go on our honeymoon on the 6th June (plenty of time, we thought), and time is running short. This is the only time we will be able to travel in the next year (my wife will be starting a very intensive internship in the FAll), and my 93 year old grandmother, who was gutted not to be able to come to the wedding, is getting rapidly sicker and would love to see Jenni before she passes. We were beginning to think that we may have to take the infopass route, and set up an appointment in Charlotte to get an expedited AP, but is that even possible if our case is at CSC? Would I need to make a trip to the West Coast??!!! Any advice would be very, very gratefully appreciated.

Sami :unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of applying for AOS. We have a receipt date of 6th February, then received an RFE for 2006 tax returns. Now we have received a notice that my case has been transferred to California 'in order to speed up processing'.

Does anyone know what this means in terms of AP and/or EAD, are these transferred to California too? I'm concerned because we were hoping to go on our honeymoon on the 6th June (plenty of time, we thought), and time is running short. This is the only time we will be able to travel in the next year (my wife will be starting a very intensive internship in the FAll), and my 93 year old grandmother, who was gutted not to be able to come to the wedding, is getting rapidly sicker and would love to see Jenni before she passes. We were beginning to think that we may have to take the infopass route, and set up an appointment in Charlotte to get an expedited AP, but is that even possible if our case is at CSC? Would I need to make a trip to the West Coast??!!! Any advice would be very, very gratefully appreciated.

Sami :unsure:

This does not jeopardize anything. If you go beyond the 90 days for AP and EAD, then schedule an infopass appointment

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Transfers sometimes cause the greencard to come before the EAD and AP. Not all cases but sometimes.

The EAD and AP are progressing as normal. Don't worry just yet.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Be Happy usually when you are transferred to Ca. you usually get approved without an interview. They are fast, ours was done in no time.

Removing Conditions

11/26/07 Mailed I-751

03/27/08 10 year green card approved

N-400

12/01/08 Mailed

12/24/08 check cashed

12/23/08 Noa-1

01/14/09 Biometrics

03/20/09 Interview

05/05/09 Oath

With a little luck you will get the GC without an interview! Claudeth's EAD came from Missouri and I would just assume that the AP would also be issued from there.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

mostly your AOS will be approved before EAD and AP.

My EAD was not touched at all during the whole process.

Good luck!

06/02/2006 - filed I-129F

12/16/2006 - Enter States thru Atlanta

01/13/2007 - Marriage

01/19/2007 - Filed AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/06/2007 - NOA that AOS has been forwarded to CSC

02/12/2007 - Fingerprinting in St. Louis

03/28/2007 - email notification that card production ordered!!!! (Day 68)

04/20/2007 - GC in the mail.....no more USCIS for 2 years!!!!!

12/29/08 - Filed I-751 to VSC

01/12/09 - NOA in mail

01/24/09 - received ASC notice

02/06/09 - biometrics appointment in Orlando

02/09/09 - touch

06/01/09 - approval letter in mail

12/11/09 - Filed N-400 to NSC

12/14/09 - Package arrived at NSC

12/26/09 - NOA in mail

01/22/10 - Fingerprinting in Orlando

03/08/10 - Interview in Orlando (passed)

03/12/10 - Oath Ceremony

Matthew Quoc-Minh *11/29/08*

7 lbs 6 oz. (3.35 kg) and 20" (51cm)

01/29/09 (2-month-check-up): 11.9 lbs (5.4 kg) and 22" (56cm)

03/30/09 (4-month-check-up): 16.5 lbs (7.5 kg) and 25" (63cm)

05/29/09 (6-month-check-up): 19.2 lbs (8.7 kg) and 26" (66cm)

12/1/09 (12-month-check-up): 22 lbs (10 kg) and 30.3" (77cm)

06/11/10 (18-month-check-up): 27.5 lbs (12.5 kg) and 33.5" (85cm)

12/13/10 (24-month-check-up): 31.7 lbs (14.4 kg) and 35.8" (91cm)

EADs and APs are processed to completion at the National Benefits Center, they will be unaffected by your AOS being transferred to the CSC, except perhaps if your Green Card is approved before they are approved, in which case they may stop processing your AP and EAD.

Edited by Dr_LHA

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sorry for what might be a stupid question, but my wife's I-485 was just transferred to CSC...if she gets her green card before she gets her approved EAD, can she begin working? Also, once she has her green card is she ablt to travel outside the country?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.