647 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Cynthi said:

June 15 and I am June 9, nothing yet.Β  oh boy.

Β 

Why do they skip.Β  I am nervous and anxious too.

Β 

Do you know whether or not it was an expedited waiver?

Β 

Thanks for the update.

They really do not skip cases..... Some cases are complex and some are not, hence some get completed easier and earlier than others.

Also some Officers work faster than some..... There are a lot of other reasons too that could slow down the process on a case by case basis but it will be over soon. There were approvals from Jan. and Feb 2017 while we were still waiting for ours too even though we submitted in Dec. 2016.

Β 

Keep the hope alive all will be over soon.

Β 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Json said:

Just got an email from my Senator's office that our Waiver was approved!!!!!Β  Β Thanks everyone for sharing your stories and updates.Β  They made a challenging and unpredictableΒ time more bearable.Β  So thanks again and blessings!

congrats !your case is so fast.di you expedited your case

Filed: Timeline
9 hours ago, ilovelondon said:

congrats !your case is so fast.di you expedited your case

I did not expedite. Β The senator’s representative requested anΒ update and our next correspondence was an email saying my husband was approved! Β Our receipt dateΒ was March 2017. Β According to my email the waiver was approved June 26th.Β 

Edited by Json

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Json said:

I did not expedite. Β The senator’s representative requested anΒ update and our next correspondence was an email saying my husband was approved! Β Our receipt dateΒ was March 2017. Β According to my email the waiver was approved June 26th.Β 

that.s more than 15m monthsΒ 

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 7/4/2018 at 2:13 AM, Franco007 said:

Β 

Finally it is all over and I wish you all Good Luck as you go through the process as it is not an easy one.

Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  ************************* My Spouse Lengthy Process ************************

Β 

- Spouse left U.S Voluntarily September 2011Β :crying:Β :crying::cry:

- Did not file anything until after we got married in December 2013 (Non-Immigrant Visa filed, was denied and advised I file Immigrant Visa instead since we are married)

- Filed I-130 in 2014 got approved after 6 months then NVC processing started 2014 - 2015.Β :):)

- Had first interview after NVC processing at London in 2015 (RFE requested):angry::angry::dance::oops:

- Case transferred to Lagos, NigeriaΒ  in 2016 after spouse was done schooling in London.

- visa denial in Lagos July 2016 after case was transferred there (advised to file I-601).Β :angry::angry::oops::protest:

- I-601 Waiver submitted December 29, 2016 ( 2 expedited request denied, Got 2 Congressmen involved:help::help:but no change. So decided to just keep bugging Immigration Officer at field office every other month and finally got info from her of case file movement from one office to another in January 2018 and on March 20, 2018 she told me it went to processing Dept.):):)

- Waiver Approved March 23, 2018 :D:jest:

- Received Embassy instructions April 03, 2018:D

- Passport one day less than the 6months validity required, so applied for new passport, then Police report and medicals.

- Interview May 14, 2018 and AOS requested.:oops:

- AOS and passport submitted on May 15, 2018 via DHL.(From May 15 to 31, 2018 was called back to Consulate for fingerprinting twice due to system error they said and returned passport)

- June 5, 2018 they called to come back for 3rd fingerprinting and submission of passport and given Approved Visa letter and advise Visa will be ready in 5 working days:D:D.

- Two weeks passed no info I emailed no reply.Β :angry::angry:

- June 20, 2018 I reached out to Congressmen again to help find out what the issue was since no reply.:help::help:

- June 26, 2018 one of the congressmen got back to me saying Department of State Washington D.C stated issue is with data transfer we did from London to Lagos and they are working on it.

- June 26, 2018 Consulate requested spouse pick up passport until issue resolved.

- June 27, 2018 passport picked up from DHL with no visa on it :angry::angry: ...….. Few hours later got another email to return passport advising all issues resolved. :D :DΒ 

- June 28, 2018 passport resubmitted at DHL

- July 03, 2018 Visa IssuedΒ :jest::jest::jest::jest::jest::jest:

Β 

- By the Grace of GOD will be at POE in a week or two :D:D:D:DΒ 

Β 

Β 

Was not an easy process but I thank God all is OVER !!!!!!!!

@Franco007 did you recieved the embassy instruction through email or mailΒ 

Hello everyone ...I've been reading your comments and questions some months ago....following the posts , the timelines, etc.... And I just created my account just to let you know and give you an idea how far they are now talking about the timeline ... Our wait time has successfully ended ....🎊🎊🎊My husband's case has been approved July 6th, 2018 🎊🎊🎊...and our date was June 29th, 2017... It has been12 months .... This was a emotional moment for us.... I pray for each of you to get the approval notice soon... I know the pain and the struggles of this situation... Keep the faith πŸ™

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.