647 posts in this topic

After more than a year my husbands I-212 was moved  on May 4th 2018  from Lee Summit , MO to Texas , wondering if anyone knows  how long will take for them to respond  back. Last week I visit San Diego field office  and the Immigration officer told me that those forms are not a priority and they don't review then quite often. When they received them, they put them in shelf  and  can be there for a long time. I've been waiting for my spouse 3 year now. I contacted Ombudsman office and they are giving you 145 days for response. I don't know what else I can do,  I sent emails, expedite request, Ombudsman , info passes (several) . My receipt day is Nov 7th 2016.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Flavia83 said:

After more than a year my husbands I-212 was moved  on May 4th 2018  from Lee Summit , MO to Texas , wondering if anyone knows  how long will take for them to respond  back. Last week I visit San Diego field office  and the Immigration officer told me that those forms are not a priority and they don't review then quite often. When they received them, they put them in shelf  and  can be there for a long time. I've been waiting for my spouse 3 year now. I contacted Ombudsman office and they are giving you 145 days for response. I don't know what else I can do,  I sent emails, expedite request, Ombudsman , info passes (several) . My receipt day is Nov 7th 2016.

Hi, please did you file only I-212 or I601 inclusive,

Timeline
Just now, Flavia83 said:

Per my lawyer advise only I-212 since my husband doesn't have unlawful presence.

Oh! Am also doing alone I212 sending to Texas field office next week. Did you not send to the POE where he was deported from?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Flavia83 said:

Depends on where you live , I-212 instructions should provide this information.

Why I asked is this,our lawyer said it will be sent to the POE where I was deported from.

4 hours ago, kwadwo said:

April 2017 friends kindly update us of how it goes with your waiver . I just saw one April 2017 has been ask to provide RFE from the 1 of june 2018 so i think they have started dealing with April case so pls kindly update us

I have seen different dates of approval I am not sure why.  I have seen Feb March April Sept Dec approvals from 2017 receipts dates.

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
29 minutes ago, BrukStefy said:

I have seen different dates of approval I am not sure why.  I have seen Feb March April Sept Dec approvals from 2017 receipts dates.

Do to go in to see the case history as to how the case is manage from the day of recieved till the day of approval then u will understand well 

Filed: Other Timeline
28 minutes ago, irisjoyce said:

Hello all. Just wanted to send an update. Our waiver was approved today! Received date of April 2017. So April waivers are definitely being processed now! Good luck to all :)

@irisjoyce Congratulations to you on the approval. Very happy that one more family is getting re-united.  If I may ask what is your date in April? Today I saw one more approval from Facebook group receipt date was April 17,2017. Mine is  April 27,2017 (Still waiting)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.