Lorna&Alex

wrong biographic information on i129f

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So we just realised that we put the wrong biographic information in the i129f :( we put the information about me (the beneficiary) instead of the petitioner!! we've already received NOA1 so i'm guessing we will be receiving an RFE for this mistake??

Lorna

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I would say the chances are about 100%, unfortunately.  Sorry to hear that you will be getting the RFE.  My wife and I received one from NVC, so I can testify that delays are very frustrating.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, missileman said:

I would say the chances are about 100%, unfortunately.  Sorry to hear that you will be getting the RFE.  My wife and I received one from NVC, so I can testify that delays are very frustrating.

Thank you for your response :) Yes i'm disappointed that we're going to get an RFE :( such a stupid mistake!!! but at least i'm prepared for it coming and hopefully it comes sooner rather than later :)

• 6 months later...
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 7/27/2017 at 10:36 AM, missileman said:

Whether you will get a request depends on what was wrong.  If they can't see it is wrong, they won't know.  What did you do wrong?  Both the Petitioner and Beneficiary information goes on the Petition.  Did you switch places with the information?  Who signed the I-129F?  If the beneficiary signed the I-129F instead of the Petitioner, they might wait several months, then simply deny the petition.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Whether you will get a request depends on what was wrong.  If they can't see it is wrong, they won't know.  What did you do wrong?  Both the Petitioner and Beneficiary information goes on the Petition.  Did you switch places with the information?  Who signed the I-129F?  If the beneficiary signed the I-129F instead of the Petitioner, they might wait several months, then simply deny the petition.

I think They don't have biographic information (race etc part) for the beneficiary in the new forms.

Timeline
10 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Hi Everyone! We actually didn't get an RFE for this issue. I am the beneficiary, but my fiance (the petitioner) thought the biographic information on the I-129F was to be about me and he filled out my biographic information which was obviously wrong. however, somehow they didn't notice the mistake or they just decided to let us off with it and we were approved without an RFE. our Medical is next month and our interview is in April :) Hopefully this doesn't cause any issues for us at a later date!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lorna&Alex said:

Hi Everyone! We actually didn't get an RFE for this issue. I am the beneficiary, but my fiance (the petitioner) thought the biographic information on the I-129F was to be about me and he filled out my biographic information which was obviously wrong. however, somehow they didn't notice the mistake or they just decided to let us off with it and we were approved without an RFE. our Medical is next month and our interview is in April :) Hopefully this doesn't cause any issues for us at a later date!

They will have all the information they need about the beneficiary in the visa application.  Biographic information is a new addition to the latest I-129F.  Otherwise, they've been doing without it since 2001 anyway.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Just now, pushbrk said:

They will have all the information they need about the beneficiary in the visa application.  Biographic information is a new addition to the latest I-129F.  Otherwise, they've been doing without it since 2001 anyway.

Didn't file the g-325a so I am not sure (but just curious)

didn't that form had these biographic info instead of the main form back then? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Naes said:

not race, eye color, etc.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Naes said:

my application didn't include the g-325a as we applied in July 2017 . it was just part 4 of the i129f and it was titled 'biographic information'. My fiance was suppose to fill out that info about himself but wrote all of my info accidentally. i.e. race, height, weight etc.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Lorna&Alex said:

my application didn't include the g-325a as we applied in July 2017 . it was just part 4 of the i129f and it was titled 'biographic information'. My fiance was suppose to fill out that info about himself but wrote all of my info accidentally. i.e. race, height, weight etc.

Yep I know you (I stalked you too hehe)

I was just wondering if this info was only in the new form.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Naes said:

Yep I know you (I stalked you too hehe)

I was just wondering if this info was only in the new form.

hahaha i love a good stalk :lol::lol:
And okay, gotcha now!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lorna&Alex said:

hahaha i love a good stalk :lol::lol:
And okay, gotcha now!!

Good luck with the rest of the journey ;) just a bit more left!

• 7 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys, I was going over the petition that our attorney filled out and she made the same mistake as @Lorna&Alex . She filled out the biographic information (page 9 part 4) with my information (beneficiary) instead of my fiancees (petitioner). I just stumbled upon this by chance while reading up on some stuff. Our difference on that is our weight, height and eye color. Idk if USCIS missed this or just dismissed the mistake since it probably happens very often based on all the post ive seen on here about this question. We have are interview scheduled for November 6th and my fiancee will be joining me.

My question is, does anyone know if this can affect us during the interview or further down the process?

Thanks,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.