Direwolf_12

Muslim Divorce

37 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Direwolf_12 said:

Ahhhh ok so the guy you did the fake marriage with is Pinoy and Non-Muslim?  If that is the case then yes do go down the fraud and not official marriage route.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Ahhhh ok so the guy you did the fake marriage with is Pinoy and Non-Muslim?  If that is the case then yes do go down the fraud and not official marriage route.

He is a muslim .. 😐

1 minute ago, Direwolf_12 said:

He is a muslim .. 😐

You are confusing, so the guy who registered the fake marriage is a Filipino and Muslim right? Did he register the marriage in the Philippines as a Muslim marriage? If so you can go the route of a Sharia Law divorce and most likely save money with a lawyer. If you go the route of using a lawyer for the fraud/fake marriage route then it could take a long time and alot of money with a lawyer. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

You are confusing, so the guy who registered the fake marriage is a Filipino and Muslim right? Did he register the marriage in the Philippines as a Muslim marriage? If so you can go the route of a Sharia Law divorce and most likely save money with a lawyer. If you go the route of using a lawyer for the fraud/fake marriage route then it could take a long time and alot of money with a lawyer. 

Lol I'm sorry 😂 so the guy who registered the fake marriage is a Filipino muslim .. he registered the marriage here in Philippines as a muslim marriage .. thank you so much for the information .. 

1 minute ago, Direwolf_12 said:

Lol I'm sorry 😂 so the guy who registered the fake marriage is a Filipino muslim .. he registered the marriage here in Philippines as a muslim marriage .. thank you so much for the information .. 

If he registered the marriage as a Muslim marriage then it might just be easier to go the route of a Sharia Divorce because as you know a Christian divorce is not available in the Philippines. The USEM recognizes the Sharia divorce IF you were married under Sharia Law as well. 

Where people have been having problems is if you got married in a Catholic church to your x-bf and then tried to use Sharia law to divorce each other instead of going through annulment proceedings. The Philippine government got wise of it and advised that US government of it and not to allow them anymore to be cleared through USEM. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

If he registered the marriage as a Muslim marriage then it might just be easier to go the route of a Sharia Divorce because as you know a Christian divorce is not available in the Philippines. The USEM recognizes the Sharia divorce IF you were married under Sharia Law as well. 

Where people have been having problems is if you got married in a Catholic church to your x-bf and then tried to use Sharia law to divorce each other instead of going through annulment proceedings. The Philippine government got wise of it and advised that US government of it and not to allow them anymore to be cleared through USEM. 

Aw ok .. it was under shariah law as well .. i was worried that i might get denied too that's why we tried to speak with the lawyer and get it void .. but the lawyer told us it would be easier to get it Divorce .. 

I see, it's like converting the marriage from Catholic church to Muslim .. 

Thanks a lot .. it's good to know im good to go for divorce instead of voiding it .. 

• 8 months later...
Timeline

Hello me too I was married  in Sharia  law my husband  is arab we got married in the house only  with the IMAM I'm catholic when I met my x husband when we got married that  time I convert  to muslim then same day we got married so my marriage  solemnized under sharia law only but are marriage  record in NSO or PSA we  are happy withen 5 years we got married  2010 but end are relationship  2015 we got divorce now I have fiance my fiance file already k1 with my daughter we send are petition  august 3  now we approve from USCIS but I'm  scared maybe they  will not accept my  certificate  of divorce from PSA for my coming interview only  certificate of divorce  we send in  USCIS we received  rfe I think it's belong  to me but not from my fiance minor criminal  record but it's ok already we are approve just waiting  for my medical and interview thank you...sorry my english  not good...

Edited by jamella2022
to add more

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, jamella2022 said:

Hello me too I was married  in Sharia  law my husband  is arab we got married in the house only  with the IMAM I'm catholic when I met my x husband when we got married that  time I convert  to muslim then same day we got married so my marriage  solemnized under sharia law only but are marriage  record in NSO or PSA we  are happy withen 5 years we got married  2010 but end are relationship  2015 we got divorce now I have fiance my fiance file already k1 with my daughter we send are petition  august 3  now we approve from USCIS but I'm  scared maybe they  will not accept my  certificate  of divorce from PSA for my coming interview only  certificate of divorce  we send in  USCIS we received  rfe I think it's belong  to me but not from my fiance minor criminal  record but it's ok already we are approve just waiting  for my medical and interview thank you...sorry my english  not good...

You were married under sharia law so your sharia divorce should be accepted.   

Was the divorce completed in the Philippines or a foreign country?   Either way the embassy should not have issue.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

MNL# = http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

yes my marriage  solemnized under sharia law but my marriage  already record in PSA I have only certificate of divorce this is the one I send to my fiance for 129-f packet we received  (RFE) for request additional  evidence  I thought  it's mine but not (RFE) it  belong to my fiance minor crimal record means  they accept it  but  I'm worried maybe they will find finality  of divorce in us embassy the time of my intervie they told me in muslim  affair the certificate  of divorce is enough hope they accept it...

Timeline
5 hours ago, jamella2022 said:

yes my marriage  solemnized under sharia law but my marriage  already record in PSA I have only certificate of divorce this is the one I send to my fiance for 129-f packet we received  (RFE) for request additional  evidence  I thought  it's mine but not (RFE) it  belong to my fiance minor crimal record means  they accept it  but  I'm worried maybe they will find finality  of divorce in us embassy the time of my intervie they told me in muslim  affair the certificate  of divorce is enough hope they accept it...

Your certificate of divorce should be fine with the embassy as well.   This divorce was completed in a foreign country?   I ask because you say it isn't recorded at PSA  (not that the embassy will care).

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

you mean even there's  record in PSA it will be ok as long  my marriage under sharia  law yes we got married here in philippines  thank you so much for answering  my question

21 minutes ago, jamella2022 said:

you mean even there's  record in PSA it will be ok as long  my marriage under sharia  law yes we got married here in philippines  thank you so much for answering  my question

Yes, that's what we have been trying to say. As long as you are married under Sharia law and divorced under Sharia law then you are fine.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, jamella2022 said:

Yes that is what I am trying to say.  The embassy won't care that the divorce isn't recorded with PSA, all they care about is that your divorce was legal and you were free to marry at the time of filing the petition.

As for the Philippines you are still married to your EX, so if your passport is in your previous married name that is what it will be until you get your divorce recorded with PSA, and if you were divorced outside the Philippines that will require a legal process through the RTC

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

last question don't  be angry  please even I don't have finality  of divorce  because  I ask already muslim affair  they told me that certificate  of divorce and red ribbon from DFA  is enough just worried maybe  they will ask in us  embassy my finality only  I have certificate of divorce and red ribbon from  DFA  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.